Respect

And educators like you ...

:thanks:

All credit goes to the students.
A lot of people (usually those who have no actual experience with the topic) are quick to write off kids who are trying to get an education while struggling to get by under living conditions that I seriously doubt anyone reading this could survive, let alone thrive, under. Today a student went to significant effort to contact me outside of class hours to ask for help in completing a big project that has been keeping his grade down. He stayed online, working through the project step by step, until he had finished enough to wrap it up by himself. This student deals with challenges every day that would be hard to explain, and is the kind of young person that the "you can't walk through that neighborhood!" types would be frightened of at first glance. But he is a very intelligent and dedicated student who has a clear understanding of the relationship between education and his future. It is humbling and encouraging to know young people like that will take up the future.

We all want to see more Horatio Alger stories, but the fact is they are few and far between. Our efforts, as a nation, would be better applied in providing much needed help for students like the one you describe than in leaving them to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. I'm not sure many of them have a teacher who will help them they way you helped that student.

Every teacher I know is willing to, and in fact does, spend at least as much time and effort. I'm nothing special. The point is that many students are more dedicated to their education than people realize.

Give yourself credit. My dad(RIP)started as a history teacher and finished his 45 year career as a superintendent.

He told me many stories of apathetic teachers who didn't really care at all, and I also knew of a few who taught in some of the same kind of neighborhoods that you describe. They pretended as if they were concerned...until they got tenure.

In black run schools, which is all of them in most big cities, it's easier to just have the teachers come in and change the answers on the standardized tests so all the black kiddies can magically pass. then they all get bonuses and the Feds send more money and gives them trophies for doing such good jobs.

This is one of the most ignorant, and bigoted statements ever posted in this forum. There are no 'black run schools" and teachers do not change answers on standardized tests.

A lot of people (usually those who have no actual experience with the topic) are quick to write off kids who are trying to get an education while struggling to get by under living conditions that I seriously doubt anyone reading this could survive, let alone thrive, under. Today a student went to significant effort to contact me outside of class hours to ask for help in completing a big project that has been keeping his grade down. He stayed online, working through the project step by step, until he had finished enough to wrap it up by himself. This student deals with challenges every day that would be hard to explain, and is the kind of young person that the "you can't walk through that neighborhood!" types would be frightened of at first glance. But he is a very intelligent and dedicated student who has a clear understanding of the relationship between education and his future. It is humbling and encouraging to know young people like that will take up the future.

We all want to see more Horatio Alger stories, but the fact is they are few and far between. Our efforts, as a nation, would be better applied in providing much needed help for students like the one you describe than in leaving them to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. I'm not sure many of them have a teacher who will help them they way you helped that student.

Every teacher I know is willing to, and in fact does, spend at least as much time and effort. I'm nothing special. The point is that many students are more dedicated to their education than people realize.

Give yourself credit. My dad(RIP)started as a history teacher and finished his 45 year career as a superintendent.

He told me many stories of apathetic teachers who didn't really care at all, and I also knew of a few who taught in some of the same kind of neighborhoods that you describe. They pretended as if they were concerned...until they got tenure.

In black run schools, which is all of them in most big cities, it's easier to just have the teachers come in and change the answers on the standardized tests so all the black kiddies can magically pass. then they all get bonuses and the Feds send more money and gives them trophies for doing such good jobs.

This is one of the most ignorant, and bigoted statements ever posted in this forum. There are no 'black run schools" and teachers do not change answers on standardized tests.

And you're either clueless or an idiot or a liar. all of which make you stupid and just another left wing racist.

And you're either clueless or an idiot or a liar. all of which make you stupid and just another left wing racist.

ROFLMAO. You're quite articulate, aren't you?

Instead of describing yourself, prove the nonsense that you posted to be true.

Otherwise, STFU.

Are you racist?

Are you racist?

Not in the least, but most left wingers are definitely racists, which is why they constantly make excuses for blacks and latinos.

Otherwise, STFU.

You think being 'articulate' is necessary to respond to your inane commentary? That's cute.

Otherwise, STFU.

You think being 'articulate' is necessary to respond to your inane commentary? That's cute.

Apparently, you are too thick between the ears to recognize sarcasm when it's obvious.

You are not articulate in any way at all, nor have you produced any proof yet of schools that are legally designated as "Black run schools", and that they ALL change standardized test results for the benefit of bonuses and recognition.

All that you've proven is that you're a generalizing, misinformed hack.

Clear?

Last edited:

Otherwise, STFU.

Apparently, you are too thick between the ears to recognize sarcasm when it's obvious.

You are not articulate in any way at all, nor have you produced any proof yet of schools that are legally designated as "Black run schools", and that they ALL change standardized test results for the benefit of bonuses and recognition.

Clear?

All you got is the usual stupid 'I don't know squat so you have to provide me with stuff!!' response from a loser who knows I'm right and they're wrong. Find all the majority black school districts run by a white principal, dumbass, then you can whine and change the subject to something else, same as you would if I did waste my time educating your stupid ass.

Otherwise, STFU.

Clear?

All you got is the usual stupid 'I don't know squat so you have to provide me with stuff!!' response from a loser who knows I'm right and they're wrong. Find all the majority black school districts run by a white principal, dumbass, then you can whine and change the subject to something else, same as you would if I did waste my time educating your stupid ass.

No one changed the subject, you generalizing, misinformed troll.

Based on what you post, you obviously could not "educate" a first grader on how to recite the alphabet, let alone any adults about school systems.

You made several ignorant and untrue statements, that were called out, and you know it.

No amount of deflecting from you changes the obvious.

Otherwise, STFU.

Clear?

Based on what you post, you obviously could not "educate" a first grader on how to recite the alphabet, let alone any adults about school systems.

You made several ignorant and untrue statements, that were called out, and you know it.

lol speaking of deflections, your ranting idiocy didn't prove me wrong; you must have tried Google Scholaring and found out I was absolutely right and all you got now is ' I Touched You Last!!!', same as your giant intellectual buddy Unkotare the shit roller, who also has never been able to prove me wrong on anything; he's just isn't educated enough, and got thrown out of Jr.College.

Otherwise, STFU.

Clear?

lol speaking of deflections, your ranting idiocy didn't prove me wrong; you must have tried Google Scholaring and found out I was absolutely right and all you got now is ' I Touched You Last!!!', same as your giant intellectual buddy Unkotare the shit roller, who also has never been able to prove me wrong on anything; he's just isn't educated enough, and got thrown out of Jr.College.

Many years before wasting any time reading your fabricated nonsense,
I was well aware of K-12 statistics relating to students, teachers and administrators in public schools nationwide,long before the internet or Google was even available to mainstream society.

You're just a generalizing, misinformed troll, who does not post facts, because you likely cannot comprehend them, so you are an expert at making stupid statements that are easily debunked.

You should be the last one to talk about who "got thrown out of Jr. College", because you express yourself like a high school dropout who never took any classes except wood shop and P.E.

With that, I have no more time to waste on the likes of you.

Last edited:

Grew up in Joliet, IL. and I can imagine what horrors the kid deals with daily from possible physical abuse not only by the parents but by neighborhood kids while also living in poor conditions where a meal once a day is something you feel lucky to get and wish you were in the prison instead of being out in society!

So yeah, I can understand and if you are truly a educator then the best thing to do is just help as much as you can but do not be a crutch for the kid.

Some of us make it out of that hell because of the great influence of one educator in our life and Mr. Sova was the one for me...

The best that any educational system can do is to place no obstacles in front of the students who are motivated and capable of success (in whatever form that takes). Unfortunately, in our society there is a culture of failure in many public schools, mainly urban public schools, and that culture, while not officially sanctioned by the Powers that Be - far from it - is depressing enough to seriously limit the prospects of all but the most motivated students.

This is the core belief behind the Republican "school choice" campaign, which encourages vouchers, magnet programs, and charter schools, which allow such motivated students to get away from the counter-productive culture that is holding them back.

But alas, these programs are perceived as taking money away from the mainstream schools, as well as removing the students that are most likely to help improve things, and are fought aggressively by the major teachers' unions.

With their despicable behavior in connection with the Corona Virus - removing all semblance of the myth that the teachers' unions care about the students - wouldn't it be nice if even Leftists accepted the fact that the Republican School Choice initiative is the most compassionate, relevant, and promising strategy to allow POC's to succeed in our society at large?

I'm not holding my breath for that epiphany.

Ok, now this kind of thing is why I get up in the morning. The same student contacted me for more help on his project today. He's making good progress on an assignment more complex than he has ever been asked to complete before. Again, this is a young man that the "don't go in that neighborhood!" types here would be terrified of at first sight. Well, we worked for a while on polishing up some aspects of his project, and at one point he said "You know, I don't know if I should say this, but I'm actually kinda proud of myself!"

The school could keep the check this week. I already got paid.

....well, you must be stupid if you think all neighborhoods are the same
...''frightened of''' ==hahhahahahahahahahahahah...please go into detail on that

The detail is that you are just another racist chickenshit.

Forum List

Back