*Respected* late term abortionist lies to women, puts them at risk...caught on tape.

According to The Alan Guttmacher Institute, 97 percent of abortions are performed for the sake of convenience. By the way, AGI is an arm of Planned Parenthood. 97% of all abortions are performed because mommy doesn't want or thinks she cannot afford the baby. Less than 3% are performed for Rape, incest or health of the mother.

You're damned right they choose an invasive procedure over a pill or condom. It is the "easy" way out or so they are told.

Immie

In order to prove that "they choose an invasive procedure over a pill or a condom", you would have to gather data on pregnancies prevented by using contraception, add that number to the number of abortions and divide by 2.

That. Would give you the percentages. Anything else is conjecture.

And since there were 4 million births last year and 333k abortions in the US....I really don't think the numbers would support your hypothesis.

Look up abortion slides Alan guttmacher. Those are their own statistics not mine although last year they dropped the slide stating that 97% of abortions were for convenience sake.

That number came straight from the devil, AGI, himself.

Immie

Ok....I misread....I thought you trying to say that abortion was the #1 method of birth control.

In order to prove that "they choose an invasive procedure over a pill or a condom", you would have to gather data on pregnancies prevented by using contraception, add that number to the number of abortions and divide by 2.

That. Would give you the percentages. Anything else is conjecture.

And since there were 4 million births last year and 333k abortions in the US....I really don't think the numbers would support your hypothesis.

Look up abortion slides Alan guttmacher. Those are their own statistics not mine although last year they dropped the slide stating that 97% of abortions were for convenience sake.

Immie

Ok....I misread....I thought you trying to say that abortion was the #1 method of birth control.

No, what I was trying to say is that 97% of abortions have nothing to do with health of the mother, rape or incest. The reason for 97% of all abortions is quite frankly selfishness of the mother. To put it bluntly convenience. I am sorry but that is sick in my opinion.

Immie

The issue of abortion is a sensitive issue since it broaches the subject of when life begins and what constitutes a human life; but I would say it is mostly a women's issue since it is their body and they should have the right to decide whether or not they will have a child. But is it unethical to suggest that if parents can be informed through advanced prenatal screening that their child will be born severely disabled that they should have the right to abort?
That's not usually the case. Most women use abortion as a method of birth control because they're too irresponsible to take a damn pill or use a condom.

Years ago, I had a friend who did just that. Every time she 'accidentally' became pregnant, she made a bee line to the abortion clinic, which was at least 5 times..we were over the age of 18, always partying...you know, being kids who thought we were grown and had the world in our hands. At that time abortion was not an issue for me to really think about.. so naturally I just shrugged my shoulders and looked the other way when she would call one of us crying that she was pregnant and was going to abort, especially when it hit the third time this had happened...it was something we all expected her to do after the second abortion.
No biggie, right?
When the day came that we headed our separate ways, finishing college, getting married, having kids etc. she had a rude awakening on what all those abortions ended up costing her.......she met and fell in love with her now husband, got pregnant, decided she wanted this one, and ended up losing her at nearly 5 months. It was the saddest thing we had ever seen at that time. She was devastated. Come to find out, all those 'clean sterile abortions' performed by a decent doctor in a decent clinic, cost her the one child she wanted so desperately, due to all the scar tissue and weakening around her cervix from the previous abortions she had.
Abortion does not come without it's consequences.

Immie

No, what I was trying to say is that 97% of abortions have nothing to do with health of the mother, rape or incest. The reason for 97% of all abortions is quite frankly selfishness of the mother. To put it bluntly convenience. I am sorry but that is sick in my opinion.

Immie

Well....I am just going to throw out my opinion....since this is an issue that die hards on either side is not going to come to a consensus on.

IMO, Plan B and 1st trimester abortions should remain legal. The rest should be banned in most cases. In the case of rape and incest, the grace period should be extended to the second trimester, due to the traumatic nature of the event. In the case of the safety of the mother...there should be no limit.

I think that three months should be plenty of time to decide.

Lastly...I wish men would be men. If a man gets a woman pregnant and she doesn't want the child....the man should try to make a deal with the woman. Carry the child to birth, deliver it, and you'll never have to see it again.

But us men don't do that, do we? We fuck 'em, get 'em pregnant then say "I'm not ready".....and leave the woman to raise the kid alone....bitching about child support the whole time and if they take part in the raising of the child at all...it's a grudging every other weekend visit. While the mother is burdened with a single income, lack of support and total responsibility for the other 12 days until the next visit to "daddy".

In short....men have all the choice in the world. They can never have to deal with their child again, except for a garnishment on their paychecks(that many try to avoid). The woman....has No choice at all.

Go ahead...say it...."they can choose not to have sex" and while that's true....it's totally impractical and not a viable or reliable solution.

So....until the day that men step up and stop being pussies, then overturning Roe v Wade is never going to happen.

Immie

Well....I am just going to throw out my opinion....since this is an issue that die hards on either side is not going to come to a consensus on.

IMO, Plan B and 1st trimester abortions should remain legal. The rest should be banned in most cases. In the case of rape and incest, the grace period should be extended to the second trimester, due to the traumatic nature of the event. In the case of the safety of the mother...there should be no limit.

I think that three months should be plenty of time to decide.

Lastly...I wish men would be men. If a man gets a woman pregnant and she doesn't want the child....the man should try to make a deal with the woman. Carry the child to birth, deliver it, and you'll never have to see it again.

But us men don't do that, do we? We fuck 'em, get 'em pregnant then say "I'm not ready".....and leave the woman to raise the kid alone....bitching about child support the whole time and if they take part in the raising of the child at all...it's a grudging every other weekend visit. While the mother is burdened with a single income, lack of support and total responsibility for the other 12 days until the next visit to "daddy".

In short....men have all the choice in the world. They can never have to deal with their child again, except for a garnishment on their paychecks(that many try to avoid). The woman....has No choice at all.

Go ahead...say it...."they can choose not to have sex" and while that's true....it's totally impractical and not a viable or reliable solution.

So....until the day that men step up and stop being pussies, then overturning Roe v Wade is never going to happen.

I do not disagree with much of what you say. I wish the simple solution was to ban the procedure. Unfortunately, I fear that would not do the trick.

Life is not fair. In this case the ladies get the short end of the stick, but that does not justify the killing of another human being, in my opinion.

Immie

And why is it not possible to avoid sex?

There's the crux. They don't WANT to abstain, so they claim it's not *reliable*.

Which of course isn't true. If you don't have sex, you won't get pregnant. It's 100 percent reliable.

There's the crux. They don't WANT to abstain, so they claim it's not *reliable*.

Which of course isn't true. If you don't have sex, you won't get pregnant. It's 100 percent reliable.

Yes. But it's also fucking boring, and frankly, given the number of crazy sexless people I see on this board... I don't think it's a great idea.

Absitnance is not reliable because we've been programmed by billions of years of evolution to screw. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Also, it's a lot of fun.

Now, in Right Wing Christian Retard Land, you pay Bristol Palin six figures to tell Kids about abstinence.

Bristol "Now, remember, kids, having pre-marital sex is wrong."

Kid "Um, yeah, but you did that and had a kid."

Bristol "Yes, and it changed my life!"

Kid - "You got a reality TV show. Your boyfriend got to do commercials for Pistachios. You are getting six figures from the Christian Funditard Foundation to lecture us!"

Bristol "Wow, will you look at the time! (psssst... has that check cleared yet?)"

And you wonder why I think Christians are basically stupid.

Yes. But it's also fucking boring, and frankly, given the number of crazy sexless people I see on this board... I don't think it's a great idea.

Absitnance is not reliable because we've been programmed by billions of years of evolution to screw. Sorry, that's just the way it is. Also, it's a lot of fun.

Now, in Right Wing Christian Retard Land, you pay Bristol Palin six figures to tell Kids about abstinence.

Bristol "Now, remember, kids, having pre-marital sex is wrong."

Kid "Um, yeah, but you did that and had a kid."

Bristol "Yes, and it changed my life!"

Kid - "You got a reality TV show. Your boyfriend got to do commercials for Pistachios. You are getting six figures from the Christian Funditard Foundation to lecture us!"

Bristol "Wow, will you look at the time! (psssst... has that check cleared yet?)"

And you wonder why I think Christians are basically stupid.

I'm going to address both you and KG at the same time....

Don't confuse Good Christians with the Shiite/Taliban antics of a few....We all aren't crazy.

KG...it's people like you who give Christians a bad name and why so many turn away from God. All you care about is crime and punishment. You are a juvenile in your faith. It's all about reward/punishment....that is the mentality of a child...."if I do this...God will give me that". If I sin, God will do that to me".

The most endearing and amazing quality of God is his ability to love us....he loves us when we're "good", he loves us when we're bad, he loves us regardless of what we do. We, as Christians, are called to do the same....no matter what people do, don't do, believe, don't believe.

I kind of feel bad for you....because one day, you're going to find yourself in Paradise.... and there's going to be A LOT more people there than you think.... hopefully, it won't be too disappointing to you.

Where do you see me holding forth about the numbers of people in heaven?

In fact, unless someone else brings it up (and you always do) I don't even bring the bible or God into the debate about abortion. I've said a hundred times on this board...I don't judge the women who get abortions, I think they're victims too.

I do think the men who hang on to abortion because they like to use women they don't respect and have no desire to be shackled to, for sex, are disgusting and cowardly, however.

But since we are talking judgement, I imagine the ones who will be judged most harshly aren't the ones who supported it out of a genuine concern for their fellow man, misguided as they are...but the ones who know it's wrong, and refuse to stand against it, because it's convenient, and they don't want to get stuck with a kid...but they do want to get laid.

But since we are talking judgement, I imagine the ones who will be judged most harshly aren't the ones who supported it out of a genuine concern for their fellow man, misguided as they are...but the ones who know it's wrong, and refuse to stand against it, because it's convenient, and they don't want to get stuck with a kid...but they do want to get laid.

I think the people who will be judged the harshest will be the ones who judge the most here on Earth.

But, you are right about the "don't want a kid/want to get laid" thing. I spelled that out in another post. Men have the option of being an absentee daddy who gives a little out of their paycheck while Mom struggles her ass off trying to raise kids on her own...I know...I helped raise three kids with deadbeats for biological fathers. One with my ex, two with my wife.

Defending the most vulnerable among us is not "passing judgement". It's just protecting the innocent and the vulnerable from those who would kill and otherwise harm them.

This is what pro-abortionists always do. When they can't convince you that babies aren't really human, and when their insistence that all aborted babies would develop into criminal monsters falls flat, then they say "If you're Christian you can't judge other people"....as if protecting babies, women and girls is "passing judgement". Not that we're supposed to suspend our ability to tell right from wrong, anyway. It's all just more of the same, idiocies meant to muddy the waters and divert attention away from the reality.

Last edited:

Immie

Immie

100% of abortions are for convenience - even for those women who are so selfish they'd prefer to save their own lives over the life of the fetus!

Admit it.

The failure rate is a lot higher if you don't use them. And I didn't post a link.

Which is why everyone should use contraception if they don't want to have a baby.

Full circle. Contraceptives fail. If you really don't want to have a baby, best bet is to avoid sex.

It is not natural for people to simply avoid sex - and try telling that to a married couple.

We are humans, not animals. In times past, that was addressed by marrying young and staying married. Then if a few do get by, you are with someone who is committed to your wellbeing. Children were raised to know that they had a duty to their families, current and future

That's why we have marriage. To protect women and children..

Last edited:
We are humans, not animals. In times past, that was addressed by marrying young and staying married. Then if a few do get by, you are with someone who is committed to your wellbeing. Children were raised to know that they had a duty to their families, current and future

That's why we have marriage. To protect women and children..

You speak as if no married woman has ever had an abortion.

Immie

100% of abortions are for convenience - even for those women who are so selfish they'd prefer to save their own lives over the life of the fetus!

Admit it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs]If I Only Had a Brain - The Wizard of Oz (4/8) Movie CLIP (1939) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back