Restaurant Bans Trump Voters

how are they to measure who is a trump supporter

are they demanding trump supporters wear a star or some other visual id as well
They will know when they patron doesn't try and use an EBT card.

Last edited:
The sign's meaningless.

I'd go in, order, eat, pay my bill, and then loudly announce I voted for Trump.

So what would they have accomplished? Nothing other than showing their lefty stupidity. Which is nothing new for lefties.

Honolulu’s Café 8 ½ gets rave reviews on Yelp for its “Radiatore Verde” and “Italian stir fry,” among other popular dishes at the eclectic mom-and-pop restaurant – but the response to its new 'policy' barring pro-Trump patrons has been decidedly more mixed.

A bright yellow, handmade sign posted on the restaurant's front glass door declares: “If you voted for Trump you cannot eat here! No Nazis.”

A photo of the sign was shared with FoxNews.com. One also is proudly posted on the café’s Facebook page, and was “liked” by some 40 people.

“…The next time you're in Honolulu, eat lunch here, not only are they on the right side of things, the food is delicious and reasonable,” one Facebook user wrote next to the photo.

Others aren’t so charmed.

Honolulu resident and Donald Trump voter Susan Roberts told FoxNews.com she found the sign in “extreme poor taste.”

“It's childish and very unprofessional,” she said in an email. “… The restaurant owner doesn't have to worry ... I will not be stepping foot in that establishment.”

Willes Lee, former chairman of the Hawaii Republican Party and now president of National Federation of Republican Assemblies, told FoxNews.com the sign is discriminatory, and harkens back to “racist and hate-filled” days before statehood.

“Remember when Filipinos couldn't go in certain places, or Japanese wouldn't be allowed [in] many homes? And, it didn't matter who they voted for,” said Lee, who is of Japanese descent.

“People should be able to get food without hearing a political message,” one apparent former customer wrote on Yelp. “I will never go back.”

According to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, the café was founded by Robert Warner, a former hair stylist for Vidal Sassoon in San Francisco and former restaurateur in Seattle, along with his wife Jali.

Reached for comment Tuesday, Jali downplayed the sign's supposed ban. She told FoxNews.com the restaurant is not actually asking customers whether they voted for President-elect Trump, and said even if they see a customer with a Trump shirt, “we don’t put anything different [in] your food.”

“Robert just wants to express how much he doesn’t like Trump,” Jali said. “If people take it personally or it hurts them, we cannot help. That’s why we say they have [a] choice if they want to come or not come. We don’t force them.”

She said three people called to complain about the sign when it first went up, “that’s it.”

“We don’t want to create trouble,” Jali said. “There is enough trouble in the world.”

While Jali is soft-spoken, Warner, some customers note, is known to channel the “soup Nazi” persona of New York City and “Seinfeld” fame -- “throwing pots and pans,” “telling off customers,” and “hanging not-so-friendly reminders on butcher paper for his customers to read.”

But another Yelp reviewer took issue with the attitude and the sign, writing: “It was funny on Seinfeld, but this place can rot away. Stay away. Hawaii ain't like this. There's a lot of better places on the island than to have deal with extra crap like this.”

---- Actually it's very smart. $10,000,000 in free advertising.

Honolulu’s Café 8 ½ gets rave reviews on Yelp for its “Radiatore Verde” and “Italian stir fry,” among other popular dishes at the eclectic mom-and-pop restaurant – but the response to its new 'policy' barring pro-Trump patrons has been decidedly more mixed.

A bright yellow, handmade sign posted on the restaurant's front glass door declares: “If you voted for Trump you cannot eat here! No Nazis.”

A photo of the sign was shared with FoxNews.com. One also is proudly posted on the café’s Facebook page, and was “liked” by some 40 people.

“…The next time you're in Honolulu, eat lunch here, not only are they on the right side of things, the food is delicious and reasonable,” one Facebook user wrote next to the photo.

Honolulu resident and Donald Trump voter Susan Roberts told FoxNews.com she found the sign in “extreme poor taste.”

“It's childish and very unprofessional,” she said in an email. “… The restaurant owner doesn't have to worry ... I will not be stepping foot in that establishment.”

Willes Lee, former chairman of the Hawaii Republican Party and now president of National Federation of Republican Assemblies, told FoxNews.com the sign is discriminatory, and harkens back to “racist and hate-filled” days before statehood.

“Remember when Filipinos couldn't go in certain places, or Japanese wouldn't be allowed [in] many homes? And, it didn't matter who they voted for,” said Lee, who is of Japanese descent.

“People should be able to get food without hearing a political message,” one apparent former customer wrote on Yelp. “I will never go back.”

According to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, the café was founded by Robert Warner, a former hair stylist for Vidal Sassoon in San Francisco and former restaurateur in Seattle, along with his wife Jali.

Reached for comment Tuesday, Jali downplayed the sign's supposed ban. She told FoxNews.com the restaurant is not actually asking customers whether they voted for President-elect Trump, and said even if they see a customer with a Trump shirt, “we don’t put anything different [in] your food.”

“Robert just wants to express how much he doesn’t like Trump,” Jali said. “If people take it personally or it hurts them, we cannot help. That’s why we say they have [a] choice if they want to come or not come. We don’t force them.”

She said three people called to complain about the sign when it first went up, “that’s it.”

“We don’t want to create trouble,” Jali said. “There is enough trouble in the world.”

While Jali is soft-spoken, Warner, some customers note, is known to channel the “soup Nazi” persona of New York City and “Seinfeld” fame -- “throwing pots and pans,” “telling off customers,” and “hanging not-so-friendly reminders on butcher paper for his customers to read.”

But another Yelp reviewer took issue with the attitude and the sign, writing: “It was funny on Seinfeld, but this place can rot away. Stay away. Hawaii ain't like this. There's a lot of better places on the island than to have deal with extra crap like this.”
Please be intellectually honest enough to use quotation marks when you C&P someone else's work product. Thank You.
On some other forums you would be banned if you don't attribute.

how are they to measure who is a trump supporter

are they demanding trump supporters wear a star or some other visual id as well
They will know when they patron doesn't try and use an EBT card.
GOLD STAR!!!!
The best post in DEC. 2016!!!!!!!!!!
I give the restaurant, which is going broke already, another six months before it closes.
How do I know that the restaurant is dying?
When suppliers put a restaurant on 'COD' only that restaurant is fucking doomed.
It's the same as a bank cutting off a business's line of credit.
Then the radical LIB former 'hair dresser' can blame President Trump's "White Supremacists' for why the restaurant failed.

Last edited:
The sign's meaningless.

So what would they have accomplished? Nothing other than showing their lefty stupidity. Which is nothing new for lefties.
Dine and dash!

The sign's meaningless.

What would you have accomplished? The owner already stated he wouldn't refuse a Trump voter service:

"According to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, the café was founded by Robert Warner, a former hair stylist for Vidal Sassoon in San Francisco and former restaurateur in Seattle, along with his wife Jali.

She said three people called to complain about the sign when it first went up, “that’s it.
”"

Agreed. He's just voicing his displeasure at Trump being elected and getting 15 minutes of fame plus a lot of free publicity out of it from butthurt Trump-voters.

I think you'll find that REPS spend more money eating in restaurants than LIBs do.
Google the numbers.
Why? Because REPs have more disposable income to spend eating in restaurants.
Google it.

The restaurant has recently been put in 'COD'.
That my friend means the restaurant is fucking doomed.
$10 million in negative advertising put the final nail in the coffin.
The fag can go back to being a 'hairdresser'.
I told every FF employee I hired: "Leave your fucking politics at the door! If I hear you arguing about politics with other staff or the customers you'll have worked your last shift".

I think you'll find that REPS spend more money eating in restaurants than LIBs do.
Google the numbers.
Why? Because REPs have more disposable income to spend eating in restaurants.
Google it.

The restaurant has recently been put in 'COD'.
That my friend means the restaurant is fucking doomed.
$10 million in negative advertising put the final nail in the coffin.
The fag can go back to being a 'hairdresser'.
I told every FF employee I hired: "Leave your fucking politics at the door! If I hear you arguing about politics with other staff or the customers you'll have worked your last shift".
COD? Call of Duty? Collect on Delivery? FF? Not all of us are headwaiters in a fancy Republican restaurant so please explain your acronyms if you want them to be understood.

Two threads on this. Two threads full of people who don't understand what PA laws are and what they are meant to accomplish.

This restaurant may very well experience a drop in business. But, the owners will not be fined nor sued successfully nor arrested.

If you need help understanding what is and what is not a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1965 and other state PA laws, ask yourself this question:

Is the reason that a person is refused service something that relates to something he/she has no control over or his/her religious affiliation?

If not, then it is likely legal to refuse the service. If yes....then ya gotta serve.

So simple.

Two threads on this. Two threads full of people who don't understand what PA laws are and what they are meant to accomplish.

This restaurant may very well experience a drop in business. But, the owners will not be fined nor sued successfully nor arrested.

If you need help understanding what is and what is not a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1965 and other state PA laws, ask yourself this question:

Is the reason that a person is refused service something that relates to something he/she has no control over or his/her religious affiliation?

If not, then it is likely legal to refuse the service. If yes....then ya gotta serve.

So simple.
Excellent justification for repealing the CRA and PA laws due to violations of the 14th Amendment's Equal protection clause. If it's good for one, it's good for all. If not, get rid of it.

So simple.
Excellent justification for repealing the CRA and PA laws due to violations of the 14th Amendment's Equal protection clause. If it's good for one, it's good for all. If not, get rid of it.

Hmmmmm. No.

So simple.

Hmmmmm. No.
Hmmmm. Yes. Let's vote on it. I'm tired of the LWers institutionalizing racism by making some groups more equal than others. Let's level the playing field by making all laws apply to all citizens equally.

So simple.

Hmmmmm. No.
Hmmmm. Yes. Let's vote on it. I'm tired of the LWers institutionalizing racism by making some groups more equal than others. Let's level the playing field by making all laws apply to all citizens equally.

They do. PA laws ensure it. You wanna have a service business....you need to play by the rules. That's your end of the bargain.

Trump voters should be welcomed there, and their food spit upon and their drinks mixed with a few sprinkles of ex-lax :thup:

Forum List

Back