Restaurant Owner Wants The Right To Refuse Service

If he insists on not allowing business from Gays, Jews, blacks, Hispanics, he should lose his business license.

It's not a matter of blacks, hispanics or the disabled wanting to patronize his business, they probably don't, if they know he is a racist, homophobic jerk.
I bet they do now, just to piss him off
The thing is, his business is on a street paved with tax-payer money, the lights that light the street surrounding his business are also public, paid by tax-payers, his goods are delivered by trucks that run on tax-payer paid paved streets, so, you can't take advantage of the benefits of this country made possible by the taxes paid by the sweat of blacks, whites, hispanics, and gays, and then disregard the laws of the country.
He pays tax's too

I wonder how this business owner would feel if he was driving in the desert, was almost about to run out of gas, pulled up to a gas station owned by a black man, and was told no gasoline is sold to white people.

In a true free society this man would be able to exercise his freedom of association, but we have not lived in such a place for a century.

Too bad, America wasn't able to naturally evolve in a free-market economy, you know, winners and losers, and now it has come to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8XhQfvpW8]Obama: If You've Got a Business, You Didn't Build That ... - YouTube[/ame]

In a true free society this man would be able to exercise his freedom of association, but we have not lived in such a place for a century.

And that doesn't say whether this man's opinions are right or wrong by my standards or anyone else's standards, the point is, they are his standards and to think government would disallow said is beyond reproach, it's patently un-American.

You are the one who is un-American, pennywise.

This was decided in the 1950s and 1960s for good, and it won't change.

What comrade decided to take away the freedom of running one's business in the way of their choosing?

You, my dear, have the right to privately associate with the comrades whom you wish, including haters.

However, private association does not apply to the public interest in which a business engages. The owner may not discriminate based on protected rights of minorities.

I wonder how this business owner would feel if he was driving in the desert, was almost about to run out of gas, pulled up to a gas station owned by a black man, and was told no gasoline is sold to white people.

He'd probably feel even more justified in his beliefs.

Too bad, America wasn't able to naturally evolve in a free-market economy, you know, winners and losers, and now it has come to this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8XhQfvpW8]Obama: If You've Got a Business, You Didn't Build That ... - YouTube[/ame]

In context: Obama's ?you didn't build that' comment | PolitiFact

I didn't know there was context required for "somebody else made that happen."

I found in context it made less sense.

He has the right to refuse whomever he wants.
And anyone has the right to boycott such an establishment.

Not really. If he refuses service to someone, they can file a discrimination suit....he can try, and as long as nobody sues him, he'll probably get away with it, but it's against the law.

And yes, he could be boycotted, too.

It's not a matter of blacks, hispanics or the disabled wanting to patronize his business, they probably don't, if they know he is a racist, homophobic jerk.
I bet they do now, just to piss him off
The thing is, his business is on a street paved with tax-payer money, the lights that light the street surrounding his business are also public, paid by tax-payers, his goods are delivered by trucks that run on tax-payer paid paved streets, so, you can't take advantage of the benefits of this country made possible by the taxes paid by the sweat of blacks, whites, hispanics, and gays, and then disregard the laws of the country.
He pays tax's too
Yes, but just because you pay taxes doesn't mean you can ignore the laws.

I don't mean to be nitpicker, but when you really think about it, those who are being refused service are stripped of their right to boycott the place because they are not going to be served there anyways. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Boycotting something is choosing to not have anything to do with something that you are allowed to have anything to do with, right?

Last edited:

Is that right? You must be so proud of your willingness to lie.

Yeah, they taught themselves, (didn't go to public schools), they didn't get student loans or SBA loans, they didn't take advantage benefits provided by government, etc., etc., they did it all on their own...phffft!

Tax Benefits for Business Owners | eHow

I don't mean to be nitpicker, but when you really think about it, those who are being refused service are stripped of their right to boycott the place because they are not going to be served there anyways. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Boycotting something is choosing to not have anything to do with something that you are allowed to have anything to do with, right?

Example: a drug store in Nacogdoches, TX depended on both black and white patronage. Only whites could eat their ice cream cones or whatever at the counter.

So the black population boycotted the store and went twenty miles to get what they needed at a Lufkin drug store.

The white drug store gave up after six months of decreasing income and made everybody eat their ice cream outside and closed the counter.

In other words, businesses engaged in serving the public cannot make exceptions against minorities.

Forum List

Back