Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

Waitresses and bartenders aren't going to whine about getting 15 an hour because a lot of them can make 20 or more an hour when tips are included.

No one will tip a waitress who makes 15 an hour

I've tipped at the garage where the labor charge is 60 bucks an hour.

then you're an idiot
and a couple bucks on a bill in the hundreds of dollars is hardly a tip

Where in the US is the tipped wage 15 bucks an hour?

you do know that restaurants in some parts of the country pay their waitstaff 15 an hour don't you?

These Waiters Don’t Make Tips. Instead They Make $15 An Hour.

Waitresses and bartenders aren't going to whine about getting 15 an hour because a lot of them can make 20 or more an hour when tips are included.

then you're an idiot

you do know that restaurants in some parts of the country pay their waitstaff 15 an hour don't you?

I asked where the TIPPED wage is 15 bucks an hour.

It is more than most teachers get with a degree as a starting salary! I guess Joe Flunky who dropped out of high school deserves the same rate of pay as those who tried to teach them how to get a job.

Most teachers are way underpaid.
no they're not

Maybe where you live and the cost of living is outrageously high.

I live in New England so don't whine about cost of living to me

The average teacher in MA earns almost 75K for working part time job
That ain't underpaid

They would be paid much less if conservatives had their way.

then you're an idiot

I asked where the TIPPED wage is 15 bucks an hour.

ANd I told you the push is to raise the MW to 15 for everyone

It is more than most teachers get with a degree as a starting salary! I guess Joe Flunky who dropped out of high school deserves the same rate of pay as those who tried to teach them how to get a job.

no they're not

That ain't underpaid

They would be paid much less if conservatives had their way.

50K for a part time job isn't overpaid either

no they're not

That ain't underpaid

Where the fuck do you get off saying it is a part-time job?

Also, your "average" teacher has how many years of service?

BUT BUT BUT Libtards laughed when Republicans said higher minimum wages will drive up food costs.

Restaurant diners are footing the bill for rising minimum wages.

In lieu of steep menu price increases, many independent and regional chain restaurants in states including Arizona, California, Colorado and New York are adding surcharges of 3% to 4% to help offset rising labor costs. Industry analysts expect the practice to become widespread as more cities and states increase minimum wages.

More on this...

Wendy's installing self-ordering kiosks in 1,000 restaurants
US retail sales rise in January, led by gas and restaurants
What does 'A Day Without a Woman' mean for restaurants?
“It’s the emerging new norm,” said Sharokina Shams, spokeswoman for the California Restaurant Association. She said California restaurants are adding surcharges as the state lifts the minimum wage every year until it reaches $15 an hour by 2023. It is currently at $10.50 an hour for employers with 26 or more workers.
Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases
Big deal cheap ass. You can't afford $3 more for your dinner?
Not unless I get three bucks worth of better service and food quality!

no they're not

That ain't underpaid

it's part time

Summers off many weeks and days off during the school year

how is that NOT part time?

so? it's still not a full time job

salaried positions usually mean working more than 2000 hours a year and not getting 3 months off in the summer or many weeks and days off during the school year

You mean like ball players, actors, surgeons?

Not to worry, cellblock, you can always find work in your career as fast food server.

The fact of the matter remains that the customer will pay more in order to help the fast food server earn more.
Hey, stupid. He had links to why they aren't going to pay more for minimal labor in fast food. Enjoy talking to your kiosk as the person that used to do that job is now unemployed because you decided they are worth $15 an hour.
Those kiosks will come even if minimum wage stays at $7.25
They will some day. How much faster will they come if you raise the minimum wage to $15?

All you are doing by raising the minimum wage is forcing their hand.

We have kiosks right now at the convenience store

They already pay the existing minimum wage
So technology is already creeping in on the low skilled labor market at the current minimum wage. And your answer to this is raising thee wage even higher. How do you think that's going to work out?

Sounds like you Republicans have changed all of the sudden. You talked so nicely to get those unemployed people to vote for your side. You said you'd bring good jobs back so they could find work.

Now you're talking like 2007 Republicans who said if you weren't working you're a loser and its your fault. Welcome back. I knew you didn't have a lot of respect for American workers.
I haven't heard the evil Republicans make your argument, but I don't watch political cartoon shows. Minimum wage jobs are the good jobs you think the evil Republicans meant? Of course any raises, artificial or not result in higher end prices.

I don't eat out so they can add $50 in fees to the tab. But the higher costs go the less the demand will be. Bottom line is if you open a business it should be up to you if you go out of business or not, not the do gooders in government.
The guy said people with college degrees would be his waiters.

These are exactly the people promised better jobs. All the unemployed people with degrees or experience but they can't find work in their field of study so they are forced to wait tables.

Yes, of course you don't remember your empty promises
there never has been much demand for degrees in stupid shit like women's studies

Then colleges should be sued for offering a useless degree.
By that logic union run public schools should be sued for not teaching the kids how to read and write and do basic math by the time they are 'streamed' through grade twelve only to find out no one will hire a kid who is illiterate.
There are MILLIONS of these kids wandering around, some who are realising the chance of EVER getting a decent paying stable job is fucking ZERO!

no they're not

That ain't underpaid

it's part time

How much better would Massachusetts schools be if teachers were paid half of what they're paid now?

Sounds like you Republicans have changed all of the sudden. You talked so nicely to get those unemployed people to vote for your side. You said you'd bring good jobs back so they could find work.

Now you're talking like 2007 Republicans who said if you weren't working you're a loser and its your fault. Welcome back. I knew you didn't have a lot of respect for American workers.
I haven't heard the evil Republicans make your argument, but I don't watch political cartoon shows. Minimum wage jobs are the good jobs you think the evil Republicans meant? Of course any raises, artificial or not result in higher end prices.

I don't eat out so they can add $50 in fees to the tab. But the higher costs go the less the demand will be. Bottom line is if you open a business it should be up to you if you go out of business or not, not the do gooders in government.
The guy said people with college degrees would be his waiters.

These are exactly the people promised better jobs. All the unemployed people with degrees or experience but they can't find work in their field of study so they are forced to wait tables.

Yes, of course you don't remember your empty promises
there never has been much demand for degrees in stupid shit like women's studies

Then colleges should be sued for offering a useless degree.
By that logic union run public schools should be sued for not teaching the kids how to read and write and do basic math by the time they are 'streamed' through grade twelve only to find out no one will hire a kid who is illiterate.
There are MILLIONS of these kids wandering around, some who are realising the chance of EVER getting a decent paying stable job is fucking ZERO!

What profession anywhere attracts better people by lowering the salary and benefits for that profession?

no they're not

That ain't underpaid

it's part time

Those summers off? You mean all of the unpaid days attending professional development training that you don't even know about?

You do realize that no one gets paid for those days off in the summer and during the school year?

You are always wanting to argue this from a position of ignorance bordering on stupidity. Why?

You know I am going to destroy your argument with the real truth and not what you have been told or what you assume?

salaried positions usually mean working more than 2000 hours a year and not getting 3 months off in the summer or many weeks and days off during the school year

How is it that you don't understand the difference between a profession and a job?

Teaching is a profession, not an hourly job.

You have been told that 3 month off in the summer bullshit is just that!

Most years, we get off in June and go back the first of August. On what calendar is that 3 months?

I work more than 2000 hours a year during those days I am required to be at school and additional hours at home.

It is one thing to be a teacher, and another thing to teach. So many "Teachers are just indoctrinators who are there for the check. They are union protected and they are so far below the actual baseline of intellect required to be a teacher it is pathetic. The problem is The Unions of today have nothing in common with the unions that built America. It is a FACT that they have become political PACs and are run for the most part by people who are paid operatives of the dimshit party.

It is one thing to be a teacher, and another thing to teach. So many "Teachers are just indoctrinators who are there for the check. They are union protected and they are so far below the actual baseline of intellect required to be a teacher it is pathetic. The problem is The Unions of today have nothing in common with the unions that built America. It is a FACT that they have become political PACs and are run for the most part by people who are paid operatives of the dimshit party.
The 'piece of paper' required to teach in many inner city schools takes less time in a classroom than it takes to get a school bus driver's license.
If you are a negro woman with a (couch) grade twelve diploma and you 'know' someone in the local teacher's union you can become (cough) qualified to teach in six months. You don't even have to actually attend all the classes. As long as you pass the tests........which are mailed to you if you're too busy to pick them up in preson.
You take the (cough) tests at home and send them back by mail or drop them off.
As long as you get at least 51% of the MULTIPLE CHOICE!!!!!! questions correct you got yourself a teaching certificate..................(This Certificate Is Not Transferrable). Which means you can't use it to actually get into a nationally accredited teacher education program.
It's like a 'Vanity' degree.
It's like being issued a driver's license which only allows you to drive within four blocks of where you live.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back