Restuarant has "No Guns Allowed" Sign...gun owners don't bring guns...the robber did though...

Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

NC Restaurant Banned Guns Got Robbed At Gunpoint The Daily Caller

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

It happens but it is really rare...the shooter has to have a really big beef with the police...and of course...they can shoot back.......

It's real rare and usually has more to do with 'suicide by cop' than a desire to get even with the fuzz. Put it this way. Let's say, just for the sake of argument (no one is actually talking about doing this), you got a wild hare up your ass and decided to go shoot up someplace random. Your goal is to create as much death and destruction as possible before you get killed yourself. ok...you are going to target a place where there are a lot of people and they are unarmed. You are going to target a school or a shopping mall...something like that. That maximizes your possible casualty rate and grants you power over the victims. You are not going to go somewhere where everyone else is packing heat. :lol: You are not going to attack the police station or the gun club because you are outgunned there. You have no power in those places...your opponents do.

Now a couple years ago in Portland, where I live, there was a guy who went into Clackamas Town Center during the Christmas season and opened fire into the food court. Casualties were low because the asshole couldn't shoot. Now let's get rid of all guns. It wouldn't have stopped that guy. Instead he would have thrown a couple pipe bombs from under his trench coat into the crowd. Now how many casualties are there?

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but this liberal attitude of "gun free zones" is just fucking hilarious. Yeah a guy has no problem breaking a law that prohibits murder, but boy he is sure going to respect that gun free zone. Give me a break.

They are ment to limit accidental shootings which they do.

Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

It happens but it is really rare...the shooter has to have a really big beef with the police...and of course...they can shoot back.......

It's real rare and usually has more to do with 'suicide by cop' than a desire to get even with the fuzz. Put it this way. Let's say, just for the sake of argument (no one is actually talking about doing this), you got a wild hare up your ass and decided to go shoot up someplace random. Your goal is to create as much death and destruction as possible before you get killed yourself. ok...you are going to target a place where there are a lot of people and they are unarmed. You are going to target a school or a shopping mall...something like that. That maximizes your possible casualty rate and grants you power over the victims. You are not going to go somewhere where everyone else is packing heat. :lol: You are not going to attack the police station or the gun club because you are outgunned there. You have no power in those places...your opponents do.

Now a couple years ago in Portland, where I live, there was a guy who went into Clackamas Town Center during the Christmas season and opened fire into the food court. Casualties were low because the asshole couldn't shoot. Now let's get rid of all guns. It wouldn't have stopped that guy. Instead he would have thrown a couple pipe bombs from under his trench coat into the crowd. Now how many casualties are there?

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but this liberal attitude of "gun free zones" is just fucking hilarious. Yeah a guy has no problem breaking a law that prohibits murder, but boy he is sure going to respect that gun free zone. Give me a break.

Yeah cause we know how often guns accidentally go off in restaurants and kill other patrons. It's an every day occurrence. Thank God we have solved the epidemic.

In the world of NRA gun nuts, you are better off to have a shootout where several people die than a robbery where a couple hundred dollars are lost

Yeah cause we know how often guns accidentally go off in restaurants and kill other patrons. It's an every day occurrence. Thank God we have solved the epidemic.

Examples of it happening are easy to find.
Man who accidentally shot woman in restaurant I m totally distraught

Over ninety percent of mass shootings happen in gun free zones. I wonder why? It just doesn't make sense. Who would bring a gun to a gun free zone?

I didn't say it NEVER happened. I was suggesting that it's very rare. Most of the time when someone gets shot it's because someone intended to shoot them. Of course accidental shootings happen. Don't be absurd. But don't act like someone getting randomly shot in a restaurant by a gun that just happened to fire is an every day occurrence. More people die in car accidents...are we going to ban cars and go back to covered wagons?

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

One example, just like you gave. There are many. How many restaurants without no gun signs are robbed? Your post was dumb.
Do you really think that sign had nothing to do with the place being robbed? You're just a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

How many people were killed?

Oh......none?

I suppose it is better to have a massacre on your premises than to lose a few dollars in a robbery.

And how do you know they aren't going to kill everyone? Are you Psychic....? The people butchered at the palatine Brown's chicken sure could have used your abilities......

These 7 people took your advice righwinger and brain.........they didn't live to learn from their mistake....

And how did they murder these people....with a 6 shot, snub nosed revolver....no magazine change required to butcher 7 people....

Brown s Chicken massacre - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Brown's Chicken massacre was a mass murder that occurred at a Brown's Chicken restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, a northwest suburb of Chicago, on January 8, 1993, when two assailants robbed the restaurant and then proceeded to murder seven employees.

So.....it is up to the gentle reader......in the gun store case Brain cited...they murdered the owner.........so.....robbers enter a store....you can fight or give your life up to their discretion.....the choice will be yours.........

I didn't say it NEVER happened. I was suggesting that it's very rare. Most of the time when someone gets shot it's because someone intended to shoot them. Of course accidental shootings happen. Don't be absurd. But don't act like someone getting randomly shot in a restaurant by a gun that just happened to fire is an every day occurrence. More people die in car accidents...are we going to ban cars and go back to covered wagons?

Like I said examples are easy to find:
Accidental Shooting At Mendon Restaurant - RochesterHomepage.net

There are like 17,000 accidental shootings each year. Over 46 a day so they are daily.

Cars are used daily by most of the country. Most people will never need a gun for anything. Comparing deaths of the two is silly. By the hour of use guns are FAR more dangerous.

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

One example, just like you gave. There are many. How many restaurants without no gun signs are robbed? Your post was dumb.
Do you really think that sign had nothing to do with the place being robbed? You're just a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You seem to be especially dumb. Obviously it had nothing to do with the restaurant being robbed. Might be why nobody was killed however. If you are going to make the claim it did then show me how restaurants with a sign are robbed more often. I can post lots of restaurants without the sign that have been robbed. I've also posted gun shops who have been robbed. Clearly the sign has nothing to do with it.

There are like 17,000 accidental shootings each year. Over 46 a day so they are daily.

Cars are used daily by most of the country. Most people will never need a gun for anything. Comparing deaths of the two is silly. By the hour of use guns are FAR more dangerous.
You are more likely to be killed crossing the street Than being shot By a gun.

Oh......none?

I suppose it is better to have a massacre on your premises than to lose a few dollars in a robbery.

And how do you know they aren't going to kill everyone? Are you Psychic....? The people butchered at the palatine Brown's chicken sure could have used your abilities......

Maybe because they didn't kill everyone?

"the assaulted employees are doing well"

Start a shootout and count the bodies.....all for a few hundred dollars

And guns are used 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....can you do the math brain....

Over 320 million guns in private hands..............17,000 accidental shootings....over 30,000 fatalities from cars...accidental car crashes....guns....between 6-700 deaths a year.....

so 1.6 million crimes stopped vs. 6-700 accidental gun deaths vs. 30,000 car accidents....

With over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense......

Brain, the numbers are not on your side.......

You are more likely to be killed crossing the street Than being shot By a gun.

That makes me sleep better

These 7 people took your advice righwinger and brain.........they didn't live to learn from their mistake....

And how did they murder these people....with a 6 shot, snub nosed revolver....no magazine change required to butcher 7 people....

The Brown's Chicken massacre was a mass murder that occurred at a Brown's Chicken restaurant in Palatine, Illinois, a northwest suburb of Chicago, on January 8, 1993, when two assailants robbed the restaurant and then proceeded to murder seven employees.

So.....it is up to the gentle reader......in the gun store case Brain cited...they murdered the owner.........so.....robbers enter a store....you can fight or give your life up to their discretion.....the choice will be yours.........

You have to dig back to 1993? Did they have a no guns sign? Lots of armed defenders have been shot dead since 1993.

Oh......none?

Maybe because they didn't kill everyone?

"the assaulted employees are doing well"

Start a shootout and count the bodies.....all for a few hundred dollars

Except at Brown's chicken...they had the money, and the still killed 7 employees who had completely submitted to their demands........

Most people will never need a gun for anything.

And 1.6 million people will need a gun to stop or prevent a violent criminal attack and save a life.........

You have to dig back to 1993? Did they have a no guns sign? Lots of armed defenders have been shot dead since 1993.

It was in Illinois.....no guns allowed........

And guns are used 1.6 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....can you do the math brain....

Over 320 million guns in private hands..............17,000 accidental shootings....over 30,000 fatalities from cars...accidental car crashes....guns....between 6-700 deaths a year.....

so 1.6 million crimes stopped vs. 6-700 accidental gun deaths vs. 30,000 car accidents....

With over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense......

Brain, the numbers are not on your side.......

1.6 is imaginary. Only 230 criminals shot and killed in defense each year. Claiming 1.6 million defenses is just silly.

Cars are used by almost everyone in the country daily. Of course more people die in car accidents. Most people won't need a gun for anything their entire life.

Forum List

Back