Retail theft uptick force store closures

The status quo is to milk problems for all they're worth without solving them. Why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

Was 'three strikes you're out' ever really implemented?

The 'war on drugs' was never fought. They thought they were fighting the 'head' but were actually fighting the 'tail'. The 'head' of the drug problem is the user, from whence comes all the money.
The U.S still spends at least $100B a year on this war according to estimates. Each year.

Of course you can't have legitimate, heavy users and hardcore dealer to roam the streets, the issue is prevention though. Prevent the issue socially and there is no demand They can then contribute to the workforce instead of being a burden.

The U.S still spends at least $100B a year on this war according to estimates. Each year.

Of course you can't have legitimate, heavy users and hardcore dealer to roam the streets, the issue is prevention though. Prevent the issue socially and there is no demand They can then contribute to the workforce instead of being a burden.
The $100B is the 'golden eggs' I mentioned.

The drug business is driven by demand. How do you prevent demand?

Best to spend the $100B on compulsory treatment.

Throw all those doctors, lawyers, retail clerks, etc smoking pot into jail obviously.

By educating kids.

I am proud to say I have never tried a hard drug, and some undercovers offered me, probably in the hopes of getting me hooked. Even when I was a dumb kid I knew the risks weren't worth it.

Throw all those doctors, lawyers, retail clerks, etc smoking pot into jail obviously.
You deal with the low hanging fruit first. Develop compulsory treatment protocols for users who are admitted to hospitals for overdose treatment in secure treatment centers.

Last edited:
Here is an idea.
Have a security check at the entrance.
People must give their ID card to the security check while they shop.
They get their ID card back when they leave the store.

Users are the problem

As long as there is a market for drugs and money to be made there will be drug dealers

But society cant simply throw up its hands and do nothing

Arrest dealers and put them in jail

Arrest drug users and put them in hospitals if they are hard-core addicts

For casual users who have not hit bottom yet make them do community service after school or after work doing dirty and unpleasant jobs

Any business staying in California deserves what it gets from their decision.
IMG_4069.jpeg

So, the Status Quo then?

How did the "three strikes you're out" work out? The War on Drugs?
Three strikes worked out just fine. Right up to the point where democrats started emptying the prisons.

There never was a war on drugs. A well fought war on drugs works just fine in Singapore. It would work just as well here.

Three strikes worked out just fine. Right up to the point where democrats started emptying the prisons.

There never was a war on drugs. A well fought war on drugs works just fine in Singapore. It would work just as well here.

Singapore is an island of 5 million people. Of course things would work the same here.

Singapore is an island of 5 million people. Of course things would work the same here.
Of course it would be more difficult in the US

Until recently Singapore was ruled by one man using an iron fist where crime was concerned

Remember the caning incident between clinton and Singapore over an American teenage boy?

The American attitude toward crime and punishment was totally different than Singapore’s

That hasn't worked so far.

Of course it would be more difficult in the US

Until recently Singapore was ruled by one man using an iron fist where crime was concerned

Remember the caning incident between clinton and Singapore over an American teenage boy?

The American attitude toward crime and punishment was totally different than Singapore’s
The caning of that boy was completely necessary. It worked quite well.

Doctors, lawyers, retail workers, all numbers of workers use recreational drugs.

Wages will really be crazy when we start executing them all.
Or they will stop. There are many countries that execute drug sellers. China uses drug users as slave labor. When faced with the choice of a grave or stopping the drug use, you would be shocked to see how many choose to stop.

Forum List

Back