Retire as soon as possible.

Yup, and dem incompetence makes that paycheck even more important.
Are you gonna depend on Biden and Pelosi to support you after your savings run out?
I would invest in raw resources and the weaponry to protect them before super inflation burnt up my savings. Unfortunately thats what it looks like these days, waiting for it to topple over.

A person's purpose has little to do with work. In fact, nothing.
Well, I agree, but, you can toss that in the trash when you are surrounded by folks that put their career before their personal lives. Big ideology clash.

There's more to it than that. At least the ones I've met, their position at the University is a big part of their identity.
I agree. Some people who have prestigious jobs can’t see themselves retired. It reminds me of all those old guys on 60 Minutes for decades. They essentially die on the job.

Let's face it Methuselah, all of your employers are dead!

He's in his 90s. He retired 30 years ago.

And he knows the current generation of young workers is the hardest working in history.

1665368566104.png

What's a lie, a lie and a fucking joke.

The problem there is that most people work for someone else and not for themselves. They spend decades working so some other person can fulfill their desires and never have the time to fulfill their own.

When you realize you don't need to trade your hours for dimes you can truly find a purpose that is yours and not someone else's
A job is like a personal business, but without the problems.

A job is like a personal business, but without the problems.
No it isn't.

I can build a business and it will make money whether I am there or not.

I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% off my own efforts.

John D. Rockefeller

Try not showing up at your job and see how much money you make that day.

I can sell a business and walk away with a nice nest egg. You can't sell your job to someone else.

No it isn't.
Not for everyone of course.
"Building" a business often starts with having a job to start it up.

I can sell a business and walk away with a nice nest egg. You can't sell your job to someone else.
I did that. Sold my apartment building, a venture that started with my job. Saved up half of the down payment (took me 10 years). Borrowed the other half from my employer. Pays to do a good job on the job.

A person's employment history is an important part of obtaining a business loan. Also, assets used for collateral are usually obtained over time by traditional employment...a job.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% off my own efforts.

John D. Rockefeller

Try not showing up at your job and see how much money you make that day.

It looks like a lot of Americans aren’t happy with their job.
The Great Resignation Is Far From Over, as Unemployed Americans Who Quit Their Jobs Reaches 30 Year High

Forum List

Back