Richard Spencer is the WORST kind of US soldier.

Was accountability and military justice
thrown out the window?

His sentence was 35 years

Manning was ultimately charged with 22 specified offenses, including communicating national defense information to an unauthorized source, and the most serious of the charges, aiding the enemy.Other charges included violations of the Espionage Act, stealing U.S. government property, charges under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and charges related to the failure to obey lawful general orders under Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

United States v. Manning
I don’t have an issue with the pardon. That is the President’s right.

But restoring his rank and preventing them from removing his trident pun is messing with the militaryststem.
The President has the right authority and power to do so. Remind me how you whined when Manning was released. Again NOT a single other SEAL in that picture was punished. It was a crappy decision and vindictive they did it cause they couldn't prove any of the serious charges.
Actually the other seals should have been, but they were not.

The entire picture of Gallagheris not that great. They should have pardoned him, like Manning, and left it at that.

What is really grotesque is pardoning Clint Lorance who was convicted of ordering an enlisted soldier to open fire on a group of unarmed Afghans in 2012.
And the goal post moving has officially commenced....
Not moving it at all. It is what my original comment referred since Trump pardoned three,not one and you seen to have a delusional concept on what the worst type of soldier is.
This thread is about the man who was fired and why that decision was justified.

You have posted all manner of bullshit in a desperate attempt to change the trajectory of the purpose of this thread.

Waste of bandwidth and I am done arguing with you about it.

A soldier who gives an order to fire on unarmed civilians is the worst kind.

But that is what Trump admires.
Gallagher never did that.

These were the charges in more detail:
Gallagher was accused of multiple offenses during his final deployment to Iraq and during the 2017 Battle of Mosul. The most prominent accusation and the best-attested to was the murder of a prisoner of war, a war crime.[6] A captured young fighter of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (also known as ISIL, ISIS, and Daesh) was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife. Gallagher and his commanding officer, Lieutenant Jake Portier, then posed for photographs of them standing over the body with some other nearby SEALs. Gallagher then text messaged a fellow SEAL a picture of the dead captive with the explanation "Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”[6]

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers;[2] according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots, sometimes into buildings".[1] Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher allegedly boasted he had killed "10-20 people a day or 150-200 people on deployments" or that "he averaged three kills a day over 80 days". He also allegedly confessed that he "killed four women today".[1] Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.[6]

A charge of obstruction of justice was brought against Gallagher for alleged witness intimidation. According to the claim, Gallagher allegedly threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.[2] The Navy cited his text messages as attempting to undermine the investigation, with messages sent to "pass the word on those traitors", meaning cooperating witnesses, and to get them blacklisted within the special warfare community.[6][1] This resulted in him being confined in the brig for a time with heavy restrictions on his ability to communicate, although this confinement was later lessened

These are serious accusations and would be disturbing for any professional army...
And he was ACQUITTED.

Throw your diaper in the trash rather than wiping it all over the board.
If I recall correct he was acquitted when the field medic who was treating the victim secured immunity from prosecution and then recanted his testimony by saying the ISIS guy was still alive after the stabbing and he suffocated him before he could die of the stab wounds.

But restoring his rank and preventing them from removing his trident pun is messing with the militaryststem.
The President has the right authority and power to do so. Remind me how you whined when Manning was released. Again NOT a single other SEAL in that picture was punished. It was a crappy decision and vindictive they did it cause they couldn't prove any of the serious charges.

The entire picture of Gallagheris not that great. They should have pardoned him, like Manning, and left it at that.

What is really grotesque is pardoning Clint Lorance who was convicted of ordering an enlisted soldier to open fire on a group of unarmed Afghans in 2012.
Not moving it at all. It is what my original comment referred since Trump pardoned three,not one and you seen to have a delusional concept on what the worst type of soldier is.

You have posted all manner of bullshit in a desperate attempt to change the trajectory of the purpose of this thread.

Strange. I could have sworn the topic was about the worst type of soldier, trying to claim Robert Spencer is...but when I say the worst type of soldier is one who opens fire on unarmed civilians you claim it is off topic? :dunno:

I didn't see a poll in the op. Would you care to comment on the subject matter or are you just in troll mode?
Commenting on your statement. Worst type of soldier.

I will go further.

What is worse is an effing comander in chief who has no knowledge of or respect for his military and thinks torture is cool abd undisciplined slaughter desirable.

We have the best most professional military in the world. Our guys aren’t the ones caught up in scandals. We are disciplined and professional. Trump wants to throw accountabilityand military justice out the window. Fuck him.
Too many Fruit Loops this morning dear?

That soldier was acquitted of all charges except taking a photo with a corpse.

Yet here you are diminishing his OUTSTANDING record of service all in an effort to feel good throwing an F BOMB at Trump.

Well here's one for you... FUCK OFF ya uninformed fool.

Um. No. The charge he was guilty of was conduct unbecoming. That means his behavior was not what was expected of a service member. Even less of a member of the elite. It is not a right to join the military, but a privilege. It is not a right to wear the SEAL badge, but an honor.

It is those privileges and honors you lose when you act in violation of regulations and orders. It is why those soldiers who were at Abu Ghraib were sent to prison. They failed to do their duty and obey regulations. They were disgraceful in the eyes of the military. You may childishly take joy and pride in the behavior of the prosecuted. But the service does not. The service is embarrassed by their behavior.

I was not a SEAL. I was a paratrooper. We expected our soldiers to be better than the rest. We expected them to exceed the standards. We would be mightily pissed off if a Paratrooper stoke from a fellow soldier. Honor meant something. I have seen people kicked out of the Military. Conduct unbecoming was always mentioned. How many SEALS are you willing to lose? Because anyone who ends up with Galliger on their team has a serious problem. They have someone who can’t be trusted. Someone has to watch him, making sure he does not violate regulations again. How many others will decide their life is more important than serving with him? His old team did not rally around him which tells me a hell of a lot. He was a problem before. So how many SEALs will quit rather than serve with him? It tells me that they thought this guy was a disgrace.

If you watched Band of Brothers you saw what happens when good troops are saddled with a bad leader or soldier. They rebel. And it takes a hell of a lot to get good troops to rebel. The old saying then is that the troops are not right for rebelling. But they aren’t wrong either. A few will be punished for appearance sake. Conduct unbecoming. But the problem leader is also dealt with, quietly. Transferred to supply or something else. In peacetime they will resign when their time is up. In war, they spend the duration counting mess kits. Then they resign or are released.

That is when regulations do not support charging the leader. The Navy is starting the process in which Galliger has to show he deserves the honor of remaining with the SEALs. Or he can be transferred to whatever specialty he had before. Supply or culinary arts probably. Perhaps a chief in the motor pool. No one is going to want him though. Nobody wants a soldier or sailer with political connections.

I didn't see a poll in the op. Would you care to comment on the subject matter or are you just in troll mode?
Report the post. The little cry baby leftists report my posts all the time and they get deleted.

The post is trolling and off topic.

Spencer served for about six years in the Marines as an aviator. He spent way more time on Wall Street than he did in the Military. He had no experience that would qualify him to judge the conduct of a combat Navy Seal leader. Spencer was one of Trump's mistakes and Trump made up for it by fireing him.

We have the best most professional military in the world. Our guys aren’t the ones caught up in scandals. We are disciplined and professional. Trump wants to throw accountabilityand military justice out the window. Fuck him

But restoring his rank and preventing them from removing his trident pin is messing with the military system.
What do you mean you don't have a problem with the pardon?
What about accountability and military justice?

Gallagher was found NOT GUILTY, Manning was found GUILTY

Of course you don't have a problem with the pardon,
because it was Obama pardoning a fucking spy guilty of Espionage

Trump gave back a fucking pin to a man found not guilty

Fuck you

Hiding behind his oath as an excuse for insubordination!

Pretending to be the ultimate hero. Disgraceful! Says he could not honor Trumps order to give the soldier his Trident pen back because it was a violation of his oath to defend the constitution. No where in the constitution does it outline how and when someone loses their honor and badge signifying their sacrifice.

The man is a disgrace and a coward. Good on Trump for FIRING his smug ass.

Spencer is the best kind of US soldier. He actually has integrity and he can hold his head high. Trump and supporters like you are fascist thugs as well as human debris. You have more in common with Hitler than you do Washington.

Trump wants to throw accountabilityand military justice out the window. Fuck him.
Hmmm, Chelsea Manning ring a bell
Didn't she serve 3 years in the slammer?
Generally when some one is pardoned they have served some time I think.

I doubt his rank was restored or anything else either.
So you thought that was "FUNNY" aye?

Why is that, you the one deleting my posts?

deleted-post.jpg

I will go further.

What is worse is an effing comander in chief who has no knowledge of or respect for his military and thinks torture is cool abd undisciplined slaughter desirable.

We have the best most professional military in the world. Our guys aren’t the ones caught up in scandals. We are disciplined and professional. Trump wants to throw accountabilityand military justice out the window. Fuck him.
Too many Fruit Loops this morning dear?

That soldier was acquitted of all charges except taking a photo with a corpse.

Yet here you are diminishing his OUTSTANDING record of service all in an effort to feel good throwing an F BOMB at Trump.

Well here's one for you... FUCK OFF ya uninformed fool.

Um. No. The charge he was guilty of was conduct unbecoming. That means his behavior was not what was expected of a service member. Even less of a member of the elite. It is not a right to join the military, but a privilege. It is not a right to wear the SEAL badge, but an honor.

It is those privileges and honors you lose when you act in violation of regulations and orders. It is why those soldiers who were at Abu Ghraib were sent to prison. They failed to do their duty and obey regulations. They were disgraceful in the eyes of the military. You may childishly take joy and pride in the behavior of the prosecuted. But the service does not. The service is embarrassed by their behavior.

I was not a SEAL. I was a paratrooper. We expected our soldiers to be better than the rest. We expected them to exceed the standards. We would be mightily pissed off if a Paratrooper stoke from a fellow soldier. Honor meant something. I have seen people kicked out of the Military. Conduct unbecoming was always mentioned. How many SEALS are you willing to lose? Because anyone who ends up with Galliger on their team has a serious problem. They have someone who can’t be trusted. Someone has to watch him, making sure he does not violate regulations again. How many others will decide their life is more important than serving with him? His old team did not rally around him which tells me a hell of a lot. He was a problem before. So how many SEALs will quit rather than serve with him? It tells me that they thought this guy was a disgrace.

If you watched Band of Brothers you saw what happens when good troops are saddled with a bad leader or soldier. They rebel. And it takes a hell of a lot to get good troops to rebel. The old saying then is that the troops are not right for rebelling. But they aren’t wrong either. A few will be punished for appearance sake. Conduct unbecoming. But the problem leader is also dealt with, quietly. Transferred to supply or something else. In peacetime they will resign when their time is up. In war, they spend the duration counting mess kits. Then they resign or are released.

That is when regulations do not support charging the leader. The Navy is starting the process in which Galliger has to show he deserves the honor of remaining with the SEALs. Or he can be transferred to whatever specialty he had before. Supply or culinary arts probably. Perhaps a chief in the motor pool. No one is going to want him though. Nobody wants a soldier or sailer with political connections.
Well spoken.

It is one of the fundamental errors that some make here..thinking that the rank and file support Gallagher's type of behavior. They emphatically do not!
Loose cannons like him get people killed..and they're assholes, to boot. Usually bullies of some sort---his defense team admitted that he stole from his teammates..how low is that?

The military has a process...they should have been allowed to act.

I couldn't agree more. I am so sick of military top brass throwing the REAL soldiers under the bus to make themselves look noble. President Trump continues to exceed my hopes.

REAL soldiers do not shoot unarmed civilians. Apparently you think they do. That is a insult to every soldier who serves or has served. 9 members of Lorance's platoon testified against him. Those were the REAL soldiers. Trump constantly sets new lows for this country.

Spencer served for about six years in the Marines as an aviator. He spent way more time on Wall Street than he did in the Military. He had no experience that would qualify him to judge the conduct of a combat Navy Seal leader. Spencer was one of Trump's mistakes and Trump made up for it by fireing him.
I don't think Spencer was judging anyone..he wanted the process of review to continue. The board that would have ruled on Gallagher is composed of war-fighters his own rank..all SEALS--and an officer convening.

Why do you think he was afraid his Trident was going to be yanked? I think it was because he knew..that his peers...were not fooled.

I will go further.

Gallagher never did that.
Shhhhhhh

Don't burst her hate bubble with facts. She's already condemned him because the media said he is the boogeyman.

Uninformed tools are the worst.

You clearly are uninformed. You condemn them because what they did was wrong and defames every soldier who does their job lawfully. That includes everyone except 3.

Strange. I could have sworn the topic was about the worst type of soldier, trying to claim Robert Spencer is...but when I say the worst type of soldier is one who opens fire on unarmed civilians you claim it is off topic? :dunno:
Strange, I thought you had a problem with
accountability and military justice

Hiding behind his oath as an excuse for insubordination!

Pretending to be the ultimate hero. Disgraceful! Says he could not honor Trumps order to give the soldier his Trident pen back because it was a violation of his oath to defend the constitution. No where in the constitution does it outline how and when someone loses their honor and badge signifying their sacrifice.

The man is a disgrace and a coward. Good on Trump for FIRING his smug ass.

Spencer is the best kind of US soldier. He actually has integrity and he can hold his head high. Trump and supporters like you are fascist thugs as well as human debris. You have more in common with Hitler than you do Washington.
Ahh yes..the man with integrity..who went to Trump and pitched a deal where Gallagher would get to keep his Trident..behind the scenes, like. While publicly maintaining his show of faux defiance.

...and he's not a soldier...sheesh!

Trump seems to make a lot of those types of mistakes. The first few he might get the benefit of the doubt that they might have let him down. It's now at the stage where you have to look at the person doing the appointing - ie Trump.

Forum List

Back