Rick Perry's Chances Of Being Elected President..Going Up In Flames!

Texas is in a worse case scenerio. Everybody connected with government in Texas should be acting in a manner reflecting that.

It would be nice if some the asshole libs here would at least acknowledge Perry is doing the job of a governor.

The debates could wait a few days... there will be plenty more to come.

It is as bad as it has ever been here.

I truly cannot remember the last time we had a good rain here in Houston, let alone the state.

These wildfires can be started with as little as a spark from a car, or a lightning bolt....and for HUGGY to infer that this is all avoidable is just absolutely STUPID!

I was near the fires this weekend, and I have never seen the ground and vegitation so dry and dead.... it is really bad here.

just ran across this. wtf
Contract Dispute Grounds Firefighting Planes
SNIP:
09/07/2011 246
Comments
Nearly half of the federal government’s firefighting air tankers are siting idle at a California airport, grounded by the Obama administration in a contract dispute just weeks before wildfires swept through Texas killing a mother and her child, and destroying 100,000 acres.

The massive blazes forced Texas Gov. and Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry to abruptly call off a campaign appearance in South Carolina earlier this week to respond to the crisis, and may force him to cancel his first debate appearance Wednesday night.

The U.S. Forest Service terminated the contract with Aero Union five weeks ago to operate seven P-3 Orions that are critical to the agency’s firefighting mission, leaving the federal government with 11 tankers under contract to help battle more than 50 large uncontained wildfires now burning nationwide.

That’s down from 40 tankers used by the Forest Service just a decade ago, according to Rep. Dan Lungren (R.-Calif.), chairman of the House Committee on Administration, who is challenging the decision to dismiss the largest provider of heavy air-tanker support to the federal government.

“We were certified to fly all season, but they just terminated us and threw 60 people out of work and left the country vulnerable to fires, as you can see right now in Texas,” said Britt Gourley, CEO for Aero Union.

“This is our 50th anniversary fighting fires for the Forest Service. It’s not quite the way we wanted to celebrate it,” Gourley said.

Gourley said the government did not provide details on why the contract was canceled, but that they did not agree with Aero Union’s 15-year maintenance plan.

“We wanted to sit down with them and ask why it was canceled and find a quick resolution, but they didn’t want to talk about it. They just said, ‘We don’t want the airplanes, have a nice life,’ ” Gourley said. “I had to let go of my staff–60 people and their families were devastated,” Gourley said. “It’s really been tragic.”

The Forest Service says it will not use aircraft that does not meet its requirements, and in this case that included the long-term airworthiness inspection program, although the company passed its annual inspection.

“Our main priority is protecting and saving lives, and we can’t in good conscience maintain an aviation contract where we feel lives may be put at risk due to inadequate safety practices,” said Tom Harbour, director of the Forest Services fire and aviation management program.

“This contract termination notwithstanding, we possess the aircraft support needed for this year’s fire season,” Harbour said.

In a letter to the administration questioning the canceled contracts that was obtained by HUMAN EVENTS, Lungren said the aircraft “are some of the best available for fighting fires in the United States.”

“The [Federal Aviation Administration] representative stated that the disrupted contract issues which led to the grounding of Aero Union’s entire fleet do not relate to the suitability of these aircraft to perform for the remainder of this fire season,” Lungren said in the Aug. 15 letter to Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, whose agency oversees the Forest Service.

“I am deeply troubled by the Forest Service’s sudden action, particularly as California enters into the fire season. Our aerial firefighting fleet is already seriously undercapitalized,” Lungren said.

In addition to the 11 tankers in the fleet still operating, two air tankers are under contract to operate on-call, and up to eight military firefighting aircraft can be called to assist if needed.

read the rest at..
Contract Dispute Grounds Firefighting Planes - HUMAN EVENTS
So, lib's, what say you?

After all, it's you disgusting fucks who have been politicizing this tragedy.

Texas is in a worse case scenerio. Everybody connected with government in Texas should be acting in a manner reflecting that.

It would be nice if some the asshole libs here would at least acknowledge Perry is doing the job of a governor.

I truly cannot remember the last time we had a good rain here in Houston, let alone the state.

These wildfires can be started with as little as a spark from a car, or a lightning bolt....and for HUGGY to infer that this is all avoidable is just absolutely STUPID!

I was near the fires this weekend, and I have never seen the ground and vegitation so dry and dead.... it is really bad here.

I'm not "inferring"...I'm stating it flat out...and stand by that statement.

This is a valid debate. No matter how one chooses to slice it the fires are out of control. Perry has been behind the curve the whole way. Either he has been getting bad advice or he is just stupid and reckless with the safety of Texass.

Yes I truly believe this situation was avoidable. ALL of these fires started out small. What we do up here is jump on every fire with both feet. OK..maybe Texass doesn't have the expertise ...so what should Perry have done?... Find and hire the right people immediately ...a long time ago.. and find the money... deploy the resources and get-er DONE!

If Perry had handled this thing right he would be a friggin hero and I would be giving him credit due.

You so called conservatives can belly ache all you want and call me names and on and on but the fact remains that some of the responsibility of this disaster will fall at Perry's feet and all your blather will not change that.

This is a valid debate. No matter how one chooses to slice it the fires are out of control. Perry has been behind the curve the whole way. Either he has been getting bad advice or he is just stupid and reckless with the safety of Texass.

Yes I truly believe this situation was avoidable. ALL of these fires started out small. What we do up here is jump on every fire with both feet. OK..maybe Texass doesn't have the expertise ...so what should Perry have done?... Find and hire the right people immediately ...a long time ago.. and find the money... deploy the resources and get-er DONE!

If Perry had handled this thing right he would be a friggin hero and I would be giving him credit due.

You so called conservatives can belly ache all you want and call me names and on and on but the fact remains that some of the responsibility of this disaster will fall at Perry's feet and all your blather will not change that.

you're an ass, plain and simple.

Big fires in Texas nearly contained - CNN
Some of the largest wildfires in Texas were almost completely contained, but weather conditions posed risks for fires to spread, the Texas Forest Service said Wednesday.

Thousands of local firefighters and more than 200 state agents were battling fires in a large swath of the state. In the past week, the Texas Forest Service has responded to 76 fires that burned 131,237 acres. Most of the fires were across the Texas Panhandle.

As of Wednesday, three of the biggest fires were still active, but were largely contained, the forest service reported. One of the biggest was in Potter County, where more than 24,000 acres burned. A 13,700-acre fire in Mitchell County was 80% contained.

They had the expertise back in March. This, was simple too large for ANYONE to handle. Blaming Perry makes as much sense as blaming Bush for a hurricane that broke old levies or blaming Obama for the BP spill.

you're an ass, plain and simple.

Big fires in Texas nearly contained - CNN
Some of the largest wildfires in Texas were almost completely contained, but weather conditions posed risks for fires to spread, the Texas Forest Service said Wednesday.

Thousands of local firefighters and more than 200 state agents were battling fires in a large swath of the state. In the past week, the Texas Forest Service has responded to 76 fires that burned 131,237 acres. Most of the fires were across the Texas Panhandle.

As of Wednesday, three of the biggest fires were still active, but were largely contained, the forest service reported. One of the biggest was in Potter County, where more than 24,000 acres burned. A 13,700-acre fire in Mitchell County was 80% contained.

They had the expertise back in March. This, was simple too large for ANYONE to handle. Blaming Perry makes as much sense as blaming Bush for a hurricane that broke old levies or blaming Obama for the BP spill.

Fine...I am an ass and Rick Perry will never get elected POTUS...I can live with both..:lol:

Knowing some of you here, you all will be PRAYING for MORE DEATHS so you can crow about that to use against Perry and Texas. I'm done with someone like you..dismissed:eusa_hand:

No, I've already stated I hope the people stay as safe as they can. It's truely a shame that it is taking so long to put out the fires. If they had been out before these latest winds, I wonder how many homes and lives would have been saved. I guess we'll never know.
So, MOM:eusa_whistle::lol:.........Why don't you go lend your expertise and put out the fires, since you seem to be all knowing?

And why are you disgustingly politicizing the tragedy of the poor souls who have died or lost their homes?

As I said before, Wicked Lester the Internet Coward, we seem to get our fires out faster (tho not fast enough in some cases for some people)...usually within a week or two.....not months.

Knowing some of you here, you all will be PRAYING for MORE DEATHS so you can crow about that to use against Perry and Texas. I'm done with someone like you..dismissed:eusa_hand:

No, I've already stated I hope the people stay as safe as they can. It's truely a shame that it is taking so long to put out the fires. If they had been out before these latest winds, I wonder how many homes and lives would have been saved. I guess we'll never know.

I lived in California during the 90's and they LOST 1000's of homes and lives from wildfires. so you saying they are BETTER somehow IS ALL MADE UP. So stop with the BS or you live in another universe

Yes we did...in wildfires lasting days.....not months. We would have our government's head if a fire in existance for months suddenly flared up and burned hundreds of homes...drought or no drought.

What is sick is that your whole philosophy of no need for government is taking a beating from the need for assistance in the states where the disasters have simply overwhelmed local resources. And that is what you are crying about. Ten times as many deaths in Irene, and you people were glad handing each other that it had shown what a dupe President Obama is because he prepared for the worse.

Perhaps if Perry spent less time publicly beating his chest and calling on God, and more in thinking about what was needed in worse case scenerious for this drought, Texans would be losing less homes. Texas is in a worse case scenerio. Everybody connected with government in Texas should be acting in a manner reflecting that.
First get your premise straight. It is the need for Less FEDERAL Government intrusion...assistence...since the States should be able to handle these things on thier own IF...they budget wisely.

Yeah...the State of Texas sure is doing a great job, ain't they? I'm sure they would have done EVEN BETTER if they'd seceded like many wanted them to do.

I would be glad to. I acknowledge that Gov. Perry is doing his proper job as Gov. by staying home this week and helping coordinated the fire fighting in Texas.

No, funding hasn't been slashed.

Are you EVER not abjectly full o' shit, bean?

Texas plans to cut budget of agency battling fires | Reuters

Facts whisper much louder than your lies.

No funding has been cut at this time. Re-read all the articles posted in all the threads. These are planned cuts, and nothing is set in stone as yet.

The legislature in Texas meets, by law, for 90 days every 2 years; thats it. If it's not appropriated at that time, it's not appropriated. The budget was slashed.

So, MOM:eusa_whistle::lol:.........Why don't you go lend your expertise and put out the fires, since you seem to be all knowing?

And why are you disgustingly politicizing the tragedy of the poor souls who have died or lost their homes?

As I said before, Wicked Lester the Internet Coward, we seem to get our fires out faster (tho not fast enough in some cases for some people)...usually within a week or two.....not months.

Rick Perry hasn't been able to put out a wild fire that has raged for months. This is a preview of the type of effectiveness you'll see if he gets elected.

(copy of post in other thread)...

For everyone whining like little girls about how Perry slashed the budget for fighting fires, here's a little actual budget information for you, courtesy of TEXASTRANSPARENCY.ORG

Texas Transparency - Check Register Search Tools: Spending by Agency

2010 Fiscal Year Forest Service budget total: $71,140,886.43

vs.

2011 Fiscal Year Forest Service budget total: $ 55,164,504.25

A drop of 22.5%

Here are some details on the differences...

Salaries:
2010 - $13,964,273.07
2011 - $14,807,359.49
Net increase of $843,086.42

Benefits:
2010 - $4,258,415.90
2011 - $4,612,205.92
Net increase of $353,790.02

Supplies:
2010 - $1,077,445.90
2011 - $1,199,887.81
Net increase of $122,441.91

Other Expenses:
2010 - $23,757,705.14
2011 - 1,794,540.10
Net decrease of $21,963,165.04

The biggest change here was Emergency Abatement Response...
2010 - $22,779,872.96
2011 - $531,540.21
Net decrease of $22,248,332.75

So... in 2010, Texas had' $22,779,872.96 in emergency abatement expenses to the individual counties, and chose to not continue that in 2011.

Texas then went on to increase salaries, benefits, and spending more on supplies in 2011.

This is what you're whining about? unless you can show that this particular expense reduction had a negative effect, you're essentially full of shit.

For everyone whining like little girls about how Perry slashed the budget for fighting fires, here's a little actual budget information for you, courtesy of TEXASTRANSPARENCY.ORG

vs.

A drop of 22.5%

Salaries:
2010 - $13,964,273.07
2011 - $14,807,359.49

Benefits:
2010 - $4,258,415.90
2011 - $4,612,205.92

Supplies:
2010 - $1,077,445.90
2011 - $1,199,887.81

Other Expenses:
2010 - $23,757,705.14
2011 - 1,794,540.10

2010 - $22,779,872.96
2011 - $531,540.21

So... in 2010, Texas had' $22,779,872.96 in emergency abatement expenses to the individual counties, and chose to not continue that in 2011.

Texas then went on to increase salaries, benefits, and spending more on supplies in 2011.

This is what you're whining about? unless you can show that this particular expense reduction had a negative effect, you're essentially full of shit.

Fires still burning. Been burning for months.
Perry can't put them out.

Do you call that effective? Do you call that Leadership? If so, please explain.

Time line question. So - he slashed firefighters by 75% WHILE the fires were burning??

vs.

A drop of 22.5%

Salaries:
2010 - $13,964,273.07
2011 - $14,807,359.49

Benefits:
2010 - $4,258,415.90
2011 - $4,612,205.92

Supplies:
2010 - $1,077,445.90
2011 - $1,199,887.81

Other Expenses:
2010 - $23,757,705.14
2011 - 1,794,540.10

2010 - $22,779,872.96
2011 - $531,540.21

Fires still burning. Been burning for months.
Perry can't put them out.

Not long ago, I could just as easily have said...
Oil still leaking into the Gulf. Been been leaking for months.
Obama can't stop it.

Both statements are nonsense.

Once again, we have a pseudo firefighter lesbian telling us all how fires are fought.

Shut up, Chester.......You're a fuckin' idiot!

Btw, have you found that link between Giffords shooting and Palin's map, yet, moron?

Once again, we have a pseudo firefighter lesbian telling us all how fires are fought.

Shut up, Chester.......You're a fuckin' idiot!

Btw, have you found that link between Giffords shooting and Palin's map, yet, moron?

Ah, Wicked Lester the Coward, thinks that we need to be firefighters to notice that certain fires take only a week or two to put out while others seem to be taking months. Perhaps, Wicked Lester the Coward feels the way about anyone else who notices that fires seem to be taking quite awhile to put out. So, Wicked Lester the Coward wants us to never, ever question the political authorities. Never question authority. (where have I heard THAT one before?)

I have to admit it made me laugh out loud and cause iced tea to run out of my nose..:lol: :lol:

I was watching the weather channel yesterday and the weather dude was standing next to a map of god ol Texass and there were little fire symbols on the map...not just a few..maybe hundreds of them..they literally COVERED the whole map of Texass.

Then it struck me like a wild fire.. This dumb ass Perry is the last man on earth I want to manage any crisis as the POTUS.

What I find astounding is that this lack of action on Perry's part is not talked about much.

There are two things I know about fire. One is that they are almost entirely man made and therefore preventable...and the other is that with enough resources applied...they are ALL extinguishable.

While that dodo Perry is busy praying for rain(howz that workin for ya Ricky?)... His WHOLE fuckin state is burning to cinders.

I know that if one tenth of the fires burning in Texass were alight here in Washington state we would have Christine Gregouir's head on a platter.

All that bragging about how well his state is doing is a load of crap when one ganders at a map of the still burning fires in his pitiful state.

Perry for president? I wouldn't trust him to watch over a sanican. The shithole might catch fire and burn up with ya sittin in it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Rickster!!!! Fires are NOT a natural disaster.. You are supposed to put them out ya dumb fuck!!!

OOPS! A thousand double tankers filled with water and a hundred extra pumpers imported from nearby states wouldn't look good on your states bottom line?

Fuck you Perry. I'm just thankfull you aren't the gubner here in Washington.

Your thoughts?

While I agree that Perry's efforts have been abysmal as his state goes up in flames, I think you lack a good understanding of wild fires, their causes, and how easy they can be put out. When it is as dry as it has been in Texas this year, it doesn't take much to start an inferno. Add a little wind, and you have what we are seeing, and no, it is not easy to get them under control. I lived in Colorado for a number of years and I know how dry it can get there. I was there during the Hayman fire that destroyed over one hundred thousand acres in a few days. While I have nothing against praying for rain, it probably isn't the first line of defense I would want used to stop a wild fire.

Forum List

Back