Rick Sanchez of CNN takes on Fox News

Yes, it consists of everyone who doesn't agree with and/or has shown him up. It's quite long.

Polk demonstrated that the Fox ad is based on a misleading claim. The misleading claim is that the event was "missed" by Fox's competitors. I don't know if the US has any "truth in advertising" legislation but if it does then this would fall squarely under it.

Of course it could also be seen as pure puffery by Fox and not to be taken at all seriously. That appeals to me, I have to admit, it has shades of "when did you stop beating your wife?" about it. "How did...miss this story?" assumes they did miss it (they didn't).

So in effect it's just advertising bullshit.

Polk demonstrated that the Fox ad is based on a misleading claim. The misleading claim is that the event was "missed" by Fox's competitors. I don't know if the US has any "truth in advertising" legislation but if it does then this would fall squarely under it.

Of course it could also be seen as pure puffery by Fox and not to be taken at all seriously. That appeals to me, I have to admit, it has shades of "when did you stop beating your wife?" about it. "How did...miss this story?" assumes they did miss it (they didn't).

naw, they missed it
completely

naw, they missed it
completely

But I saw the video reports :eek:

naw, they missed it
completely

But I saw the video reports :eek:
but they missed the actual story
you can report on the event and still not cover the story

As Sanchez said, reporting and promoting are two very different things. FOX should stop trying to be a news agency and admit they are a promotional firm. If they did that, I would respect them. I wouldn't watch them, but I'd respect them...

but they missed the actual story
you can report on the event and still not cover the story

I'm ready to learn. What's the difference?
if you go to a football game, and the focus of your story is the cheerleaders, did you cover the game?

No. But nor did I go to the game with my cameras adorned with the millenium blue and new century gold of my team and cheer them on and blow raspberries at the opposing side. What I did was to report on the game itself, not how well my team played or how badly the opposing team played. I left that to John Madden. I simply reported the event of the football game, ie I "covered" it.

I'm ready to learn. What's the difference?
if you go to a football game, and the focus of your story is the cheerleaders, did you cover the game?

No. But nor did I go to the game with my cameras adorned with the millenium blue and new century gold of my team and cheer them on and blow raspberries at the opposing side. What I did was to report on the game itself, not how well my team played or how badly the opposing team played. I left that to John Madden. I simply reported the event of the football game, ie I "covered" it.
so then you admit that CNN did not "cover" the event then

And How is CNN doing on those ACORN Tapes? History is in the making. Where's CNN?

I did a story on a corndog guy once, over the Christmas season. Barely mentioned the season.

No, according to my understanding of "covering" an event it means reporting on it. Since I saw the video reports and saw some of the feed here on tv it seems to me that the various news outlets covered the event. The original advertising claim by Fox was that the outlets "missed" the story. Now I suppose they can fall back on, "but by 'story' we meant.....". As I said, puffery and not to be taken seriously.

No, according to my understanding of "covering" an event it means reporting on it. Since I saw the video reports and saw some of the feed here on tv it seems to me that the various news outlets covered the event. The original advertising claim by Fox was that the outlets "missed" the story. Now I suppose they can fall back on, "but by 'story' we meant.....". As I said, puffery and not to be taken seriously.
but they only "covered" peripherals, not the actual event

And How is CNN doing on those ACORN Tapes? History is in the making. Where's CNN?

No idea but then since the performance of CNN relative to the ACORN story isn't the topic of discussion I suppose I can be excused from referring to it on the grounds that it actually has no relevance to the topic being discussed here.

Forum List

Back