Right to healthcare, an auto, a home, food,etc.??

When should I expect my check for paying for my healthcare?

When should I expect my free food?

When should I expect at least not to pay for realty tax?

Actually the right I do have, along with everyone else, is the opportunity to earn all of that without discrimination. I, and no one else, should be afforded the ability to take from someone else and give to another.

I don't remember saying everyone has a right to free healthcare. If you can afford to pay for it, you should....either directly or through taxes.
But if you can't afford it, you should not have to suffer or die because of it.
That is where your RIGHT comes in

Same goes for food and sheltr

What kind of society do you want to live in? Calcutta

So rights are granted by the state and in accordance with social standing.
Of course they are -- the more you "need" the government, the more rights it gives you.
Great way to secure a voter base, eh?

I don't remember saying everyone has a right to free healthcare. If you can afford to pay for it, you should....either directly or through taxes.
But if you can't afford it, you should not have to suffer or die because of it.
That is where your RIGHT comes in

Same goes for food and sheltr

What kind of society do you want to live in? Calcutta

Of course they are -- the more you "need" the government, the more rights it gives you.

Actually YES

We have a need based system
Are you proposing that if we give an $800 housing subsidy to a poor person we are somehow obligated to give $800 to wealthy people also?

Wealthy people have needs too. And they have always made sure they are satisfied

If some men are entitled by right to the products of the work of others, it means that those others are deprived of rights and condemned to slave labor.

A “right” is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a man’s freedom of action in a social context. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action; the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action—which means: the freedom to take all the actions required by the nature of a rational being for the support, the furtherance, the fulfillment and the enjoyment of his own life. (Such is the meaning of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

The concept of a “right” pertains only to action (not services or products)—specifically, to freedom of action. It means freedom from physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men.
Thus, for every individual, a right is the moral sanction of a positive—of his freedom to act on his own judgment, for his own goals, by his own voluntary, uncoerced choice. As to his neighbors, his rights impose no obligations on them except of a negative kind: to abstain from violating his rights.

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of material values.

There is no such thing as “a right to a job”—there is only the right of free trade, that is: a man’s right to take a job if another man chooses to hire him. There is no “right to a home,” only the right of free trade: the right to build a home or to buy it. There are no “rights to a ‘fair’ wage or a ‘fair’ price” if no one chooses to pay it, to hire a man or to buy his product. There are no “rights of consumers” to milk, shoes, movies or champagne if no producers choose to manufacture such items (there is only the right to manufacture them oneself). There are no “rights” of special groups, there are no “rights of farmers, of workers, of businessmen, of employees, of employers, of the old, of the young, of the unborn.” There are only the Rights of Man—rights possessed by every individual man and by all men as individuals" ---Ayn Rand

the left doesn't believe in the right to life.....which is why they are willing to sacrifice the hard-working lives of some to arbitrarily 'spread the wealth around'.....

If some men are entitled by right to the products of the work of others, it means that those others are deprived of rights and condemned to slave labor.

A “right” is a moral principle defining and sanctioning a man’s freedom of action in a social context. There is only one fundamental right (all the others are its consequences or corollaries): a man’s right to his own life. Life is a process of self-sustaining and self-generated action; the right to life means the right to engage in self-sustaining and self-generated action—which means: the freedom to take all the actions required by the nature of a rational being for the support, the furtherance, the fulfillment and the enjoyment of his own life. (Such is the meaning of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

The concept of a “right” pertains only to action (not services or products)—specifically, to freedom of action. It means freedom from physical compulsion, coercion or interference by other men.
Thus, for every individual, a right is the moral sanction of a positive—of his freedom to act on his own judgment, for his own goals, by his own voluntary, uncoerced choice. As to his neighbors, his rights impose no obligations on them except of a negative kind: to abstain from violating his rights.

The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.

Bear in mind that the right to property is a right to action, like all the others: it is not the right to an object, but to the action and the consequences of producing or earning that object. It is not a guarantee that a man will earn any property, but only a guarantee that he will own it if he earns it. It is the right to gain, to keep, to use and to dispose of material values.

There is no such thing as “a right to a job”—there is only the right of free trade, that is: a man’s right to take a job if another man chooses to hire him. There is no “right to a home,” only the right of free trade: the right to build a home or to buy it. There are no “rights to a ‘fair’ wage or a ‘fair’ price” if no one chooses to pay it, to hire a man or to buy his product. There are no “rights of consumers” to milk, shoes, movies or champagne if no producers choose to manufacture such items (there is only the right to manufacture them oneself). There are no “rights” of special groups, there are no “rights of farmers, of workers, of businessmen, of employees, of employers, of the old, of the young, of the unborn.” There are only the Rights of Man—rights possessed by every individual man and by all men as individuals" ---Ayn Rand

the left doesn't believe in the right to life.....which is why they are willing to sacrifice the hard-working lives of some to arbitrarily 'spread the wealth around'.....

Simple concept

Help those who need helping

As a general proposition, you cannot have a "right" to something that must be provided by someone else. As pointed out in the OP, that renders the Provider a "slave." Specifically, you cannot have a right to healthcare; the provider has a supervening right to decline to treat you.

HOWEVER, once government steps and provides something (whether Constitutionally or otherwise), it must provide that thing to beneficiaries in a manner that is consistent the laws and the Constitution. Thus, Government cannot provide Unemployment Compensation ONLY TO WHITE PEOPLE. Non-"white" people have a "right" to feed at the trough on the same basis as "white" people. If that benefit is refused on the basis of race, then the person to whom it is refused can rightly say, "I have been denied my RIGHT to unemployment compensation," even though that right does not exist in a vacuum.

A "right" is simply the ability to use legal means to enforce a benefit. If someone builds a shed on my real estate, I can go to court and enforce my property RIGHTS, and force him to remove the shed. If someone locks me in a room, I can sue him in court for False Imprisonment, and be awarded a cash judgment for the violation of my right to move about freely. And so on.

Simple concept

that is the Christian way....

however religion and government should not mix......right...? :D

doubletap is the last person to lecture of "human rights" and "personal responsibility."

We live in a technological society the which has never been seen before in an environment built on a social compact.

That is not going to change.

Simple concept

that is the Christian way....

however religion and government should not mix......right...? :D

Religion also believes thou shall not kill......does that mean the Government can't?

Last edited:

Actually YES

Are you proposing that if we give an $800 housing subsidy to a poor person we are somehow obligated to give $800 to wealthy people also?

Wealthy people have needs too. And they have always made sure they are satisfied

Please link me to where we have a Need based system. I don't doubt you. I just googled it every which way & cannot find a link. Please help ~~~

Actually YES

Please link me to where we have a Need based system. I don't doubt you. I just googled it every which way & cannot find a link. Please help ~~~

Are you that stupid?

Actually YES

Are you that stupid?

no link to our NEED BASED SYSTEM ?

Last edited:

Simple concept

Better yet, force someone else to do it.

Simple concept

I agree. Just leave the government out of it.

Are you that stupid?

Maybe I am That stupid or...Maybe you are. I've asked you very nicely for a link. So prove I am That stupid. Without a link proves you're That stupid...Link Please~~

Do I really need to explain that people who receive public assistance do so because of need and that EVERYONE does not receive it?

If I do, then you are indeed quite stupid and are wasting my time

Maybe I am That stupid or...Maybe you are. I've asked you very nicely for a link. So prove I am That stupid. Without a link proves you're That stupid...Link Please~~

Do I really need to explain that people who receive public assistance do so because of need and that EVERYONE does not receive it?

If I do, then you are indeed quite stupid and are wasting my time

Your Quote was "We are a NEEDs BASED SYSTEM"
I ask for a link proving We are a Needs based system. You cannot provide a link ~
FAIL ~~~
We are NOT a needs based system we are a capitalist system but we are also very charitable nation.

LINK ~ Capitalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You really should not call others Stupid without any facts to back it up~~~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back