Right wingers unrequited "love" of guns...lots of guns...

From my understanding, requiring universal checks would entail some form of registry, of which I am dead set against.

I've always wondered of....on one hand right wingers are so damn proud of boasting what big guns they have.....and on the other hand not wanting a public record of just how many of those big guns they own. Somewhat of a paradox.

The first step to confiscation is registration.

I understand why the left is so much in favor of it.

Mark

If you think you need to be armed all the time, then obviously your controlling emotion is fear. Sorry, but I don't think living with that much fear is healthy.
Do you have a fire extinguisher? If so why are you living in such fear?

If you wish to strap a fire extinguisher to your leg and prance through Walmart, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Wrong answer. Since fire suppression tools are usually found in stores, would you also support hanging a firearm on the wall in a store for emergency use?

Mark

Many businesses have armed security. I don't see someone who is trained in the use of firearms in a confrontational situation as a problem. The little class required for CC is nowhere near making a person competent or safe in that kind of situation.

I'm not a trained firefighter either. Do you think its safe for me to use such equipment in an emergency?

Mark

So all gun owners are just seconds away from cutting loose and opening up on everyone around them?

Never implied the above.....But when there is an objection to even "regulate" the sale of an assault weapon whose only purpose is to kill both fast and as many individual as possible, THEN sanity should intervene.

And when you get rid of those, what happens when a guy with a shotgun kills 10 people in a single incident. Will you want to restrict those shotguns as well?

Mark

Chances are that that guy would have never been able to pass a background check to start with.

If what you say is true, then where are these shooters coming from?

Mark

Is it your educated opinion that by passing more gun laws crime will drop?

NO, crime will NOT drop.....but mass carnages would be lessened if we stop indiscriminate sales of weapons manufactured SOLELY for the purpose of mass shootings and killings.

You can buy anything you want if you want it bad enough. A dedicated killer will always get/have what they need/want.Making large magazines or semi-automatic weapons illegal will stop nothing.

Most gun nuts aren't dedicated killers. They are just pathetic fools with a Rambo fetish, but they are too scared to actually join the military. That attitude endangers all of us.

Then they aren't the ones you should worry about, are they?

Oh yes. An idiot hoping for the chance to show off how macho he is, and shoot someone is scary as hell.

YOU just said they weren't "dedicated killers" make up you mind kid.

And when you get rid of those, what happens when a guy with a shotgun kills 10 people in a single incident. Will you want to restrict those shotguns as well?

Can you relay to us just HOW MANY mass shooting (10 or more human beings) have occurred in the last couple of decades using a shotgun?

What does that matter? If the firearm of choice would become illegal to own, why wouldn't a person set on doing carnage use the next best weapon available?

Mark

No not at all, do you find it a problem with the right of the people shall not be infringed .
People being me you and everyone else

We could go back-n-forth with how anyone wishes to "interpret" the 2nd amendment.....

Had the founding fathers simply written........."Every American citizen should have a weapon"...then, the argument would not be necessary....but they did NOT write that, did they?

If your interpretation was the correct one, then the country would have lived that interpenetration from day 1. Since we know that the ownership of firearms in the new nation was widespread, we can ascertain what the founders meant when they ratified the Constitution.

"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson to William Johnson, 1823. ME 15:449

Mark

12301755_10201011703931220_8158986266513524664_n.jpg

Point of sale background checks. Not "if I hand someone my gun at the rifle range to try I break a background check law" background checks.

And if the government wants people who want to trade guns privately to do a background check, the government should pay for it.

A properly written law shouldn't prevent you from firing a few shots from another's gun at the range. Who pays a couple of bucks for the check isn't really the problem is it? I don't have an opinion on that aspect of it.

Again, you want me to trust the same people that think the laws in NYC and other cities like it are just dandy?

Hell No. It would be like trusting PETA to run the USDA.

I understand it would take a reasonable person to see a good law can exist even if something less reasonable exists on the other end of the country. That might be more than you are capable of.

Why would I support infringing more on my fellow citizens when I am already infringed to the point of a de facto ban? Its called principles.

Your side is full of people who want to ban private ownership of firearms. As long as they are the ones pushing more regulations, Not. One. Step. Back.

And your side is full of people who dress up in cammo and prance into coffee shops with locked an loaded ar15s in hopes of a fire fight. A real post-apocalyptic compound mentality. Are you going to side with the crazies to prevent laws that could save lives?

Since relaxation of gun laws have led to LESS crime and murder, please expound on why you believe a reversal would even be more helpful?

Mark

If you think you need to be armed all the time, then obviously your controlling emotion is fear. Sorry, but I don't think living with that much fear is healthy.
Do you have a fire extinguisher? If so why are you living in such fear?

If you wish to strap a fire extinguisher to your leg and prance through Walmart, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Wrong answer. Since fire suppression tools are usually found in stores, would you also support hanging a firearm on the wall in a store for emergency use?

Mark

Many businesses have armed security. I don't see someone who is trained in the use of firearms in a confrontational situation as a problem. The little class required for CC is nowhere near making a person competent or safe in that kind of situation.

I'm not a trained firefighter either. Do you think its safe for me to use such equipment in an emergency?

Mark

According to OSHA, all refineries and construction companies are required to hire people that do nothing but stand by with a fire extinguisher when someone is welding or using a torch, or anything that could cause a spark. Those fire-watches are told to use the extinguisher if a person's pants leg catches on fire or perhaps if a rag or piece of paper which shouldn't be there to start with catches on fire. Only things that an untrained person is capable of. Under no circumstances are they to try fighting a real fire. They are not trained for that, and would cause a danger to themselves and others. They should only notify the real fire fighters who are trained to do that.

So all gun owners are just seconds away from cutting loose and opening up on everyone around them?

Never implied the above.....But when there is an objection to even "regulate" the sale of an assault weapon whose only purpose is to kill both fast and as many individual as possible, THEN sanity should intervene.

Mark

Chances are that that guy would have never been able to pass a background check to start with.

If what you say is true, then where are these shooters coming from?

Mark

There are always crazies. Keeping guns away from them is a good thing.

NO, crime will NOT drop.....but mass carnages would be lessened if we stop indiscriminate sales of weapons manufactured SOLELY for the purpose of mass shootings and killings.

You can buy anything you want if you want it bad enough. A dedicated killer will always get/have what they need/want.Making large magazines or semi-automatic weapons illegal will stop nothing.

Most gun nuts aren't dedicated killers. They are just pathetic fools with a Rambo fetish, but they are too scared to actually join the military. That attitude endangers all of us.

Oh yes. An idiot hoping for the chance to show off how macho he is, and shoot someone is scary as hell.

Right, most aren't, but arming people with poor judgement increases the chance for them to do something stupid and deadly.

Right, most aren't, but arming people with poor judgement increases the chance for them to do something stupid and deadly.

And people who drink kill people when they drive, drinking or otherwise. The world will ALWAYS be an imperfect place.

A properly written law shouldn't prevent you from firing a few shots from another's gun at the range. Who pays a couple of bucks for the check isn't really the problem is it? I don't have an opinion on that aspect of it.

Again, you want me to trust the same people that think the laws in NYC and other cities like it are just dandy?

Hell No. It would be like trusting PETA to run the USDA.

I understand it would take a reasonable person to see a good law can exist even if something less reasonable exists on the other end of the country. That might be more than you are capable of.

Why would I support infringing more on my fellow citizens when I am already infringed to the point of a de facto ban? Its called principles.

Your side is full of people who want to ban private ownership of firearms. As long as they are the ones pushing more regulations, Not. One. Step. Back.

And your side is full of people who dress up in cammo and prance into coffee shops with locked an loaded ar15s in hopes of a fire fight. A real post-apocalyptic compound mentality. Are you going to side with the crazies to prevent laws that could save lives?

Since relaxation of gun laws have led to LESS crime and murder, please expound on why you believe a reversal would even be more helpful?

Mark

Lots of reasons why crime rate is falling.
What's Behind The Decline In Crime?

Tell the above to the Sandy Hook parents and the relatives in San Bernardino about the "successes" of the "relaxation of gun laws that have led to LESS crime....".

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.

No one has "bought" anyone. If this election has shown us anything, its that money will not buy you an election. People back idea's and stances for one reason only. They agree with them.

Mark

If this election has shown us anything, it's that republicans have finally got the candidate that right wing radio and fox have been demanding for a long time. I haven't figured out why they might want an idiot who would destroy the country in so many ways, but that's what they got.

Then don't say that right wing pols are "bought" by the NRA. If I were a pol, I would believe in the 2nd regardless of what the NRA stated. Or paid.

Mark

And people who drink kill people when they drive, drinking or otherwise. The world will ALWAYS be an imperfect place.

No reason why we shouldn't improve.

Then don't say that right wing pols are "bought" by the NRA. If I were a pol, I would believe in the 2nd regardless of what the NRA stated. Or paid.

The NRA would love you.......You're a hell of a lot cheaper.

Forum List

Back