Right wingers unrequited "love" of guns...lots of guns...

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.

No one has "bought" anyone. If this election has shown us anything, its that money will not buy you an election. People back idea's and stances for one reason only. They agree with them.

Mark

If this election has shown us anything, it's that republicans have finally got the candidate that right wing radio and fox have been demanding for a long time. I haven't figured out why they might want an idiot who would destroy the country in so many ways, but that's what they got.
Wrong. Every post you make is wrong. Are you trying to do this? Rush and Medved were against Trump, especially Medved. Trump isn't conservative on many issues. The less you post the smarter you look.

Again, all i want is a revolver, and it would take me 3-6 months and $1000 to get one. No compromise until I get my basic rights back.

And who the fuck are you to decide if I need a semi-auto rifle or not?

Again, I have no dog in the NYC fight. That is one town in a country with hundreds of thousands of towns. I have a simi-auto 1100, and I intend to keep it. There is a big difference in my shot gun with a limited amount of shells, and a military style rifle designed for continuous use and extended capacity clips. I have a reasonable use for my 1100, even if I miss the big ones sometimes, but nobody needs to fire 800 rounds per minute unless they are at war.

it's a city of 8 million people, and the laws there are similar to laws in other large cities.

and "military style rifle" is not an actual weapon class, it's a semi-automatic rifle with SCARYPARTS!!!!!!.

And its not about 800 rounds a minute, its about laws that restrict people to 7-10 round mags when the bad guys won't follow the same rules.

If they are such a great idea, why don't police apply the same limits to themselves?

The AR15 can fire between 700 and 950 rounds per minute. Look it up.
I don't care what they look like. If it is designed for continuous use, it's more gun than a civilian needs. You know cops have reasonable expectation of needing extended firing that a civilian doesn't, and that that is a dumb comparison

that works out to 12 rounds per second at the low end. Are you telling me an unmodified AR-15 can spit out that many rounds using a 30 round mag?

The rifle can do it. I know that nobody can pull the trigger that fast, and there are aftermarket stocks that use the recoil to help speed up the time between trigger pulls at he expense of control. The gun it's self is capable of that much and more.

Just like a chevy is capable of 220 MPH, if you add special gas, and run on a flat track, and attach rockets to it.

Again, tell me how 12 rounds per second can REALISTICALLY come out of an AR-15, and do so at sustained rate to achieve 700 RPM.

rms.
Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Tell that to Dred Scott, Plessey, and those people who got shafted by the Kelo decision.

You've been fairly rational up to now. If you want to start implying there might be some sort of armed confrontation with the government, you can go fuck your self . That's nuts.

I'm referring to your trust in the courts. The courts are the ones that keep saying the NYC laws are just dandy, the Courts are the ones that created rights to abortion and gay marriage out of thin air, the courts are the ones that said Separate but Equal was OK a century ago, and that Kelo and Citizens united were just dandy.

Agree or disagree with the individual rulings, but the Courts have been wrong in the past, and considering how far they have branched from interpreting law to creating law, that should make any person very very nervous.

And there is always a "chance" that government will go haywire requiring an armed response, it may be close to zero, but it is always there.

You keep going to the ARMED WAR WITH GOVERNMENT thing. That's just nuts. Work calls. gotta go.

I'd rather just be armed at home, considering criminals don't follow laws, and will be armed regardless of the laws passed.

The idea of 2nd is to make any tyrant think twice over using government to run roughshod over people.

I have guns at home too, and will use them if needed. That has nothing to do with background checks or magazine capacity. Again, talk of an armed confrontation with the military by law abiding citizens is nothing more that a fantasy enjoyed by crazies.

And yet that is a right denied me in a de facto manner, and you want me to agree to MORE regulations?

And the idea of an armed citizenry isn't just about going against a government out of control, its about survival if government becomes ineffective. And those scenarios, from a major power grid failure to a pandemic, are for more likely that an out of control government.

You know, the simple fact is that you have a small percentage of the population that do not know how to live within a civilized society. So, as the left wingers are opt to do, they attempt to solve two problems by imposing THEIR solutions on everyone. "Why naturally, everyone will understand how incredibly smart it is of us to know that if we take guns away from EVERYONE, then the idiot gangbangers will not have guns to kill each other with," the elitist lefties say to themselves smugly. "Because of course, it is racist and bigoted to target ONLY those who are inherently stupid like the criminals and gangbangers." Then to themselves they add, "Additionally, we then have the secondary benefit of being able to subjugate an entire population who mistakenly believe that their rights are from "God" and are somehow "Free".

Once again, I find myself simply laughing at the left. How many millions of guns in the United States are there? I am a rancher, I move over 600+ acres of property a day, moving cattle, feeding them, managing them. I have horses, chickens, a couple goats, four dogs and a hundred cats (last I checked). In the back window of my truck is an M-4 (it is semi) with a scope, a .22 with a scope and a parkerized 870 Remington assault with 7 round magazine and no choke, a 500 lumen light mounted under the barrel. Under the seat is a .45 cal Colt double Eagle and a .38 caliber S&W loaded with snake shot in the glove box. If I get out of my truck, the .45 goes with me.

Back home I have a Remington 700 .308 (boat-tail hollow points) with a bull barrel that has a tripod and 10X Leupold scope (I used one just like it in 'Nam). I can hit a quarter at a 100 yards with a cold shot. I have Weatherby's, Mossbergs and Banelli's, all in a gun safe which is unlocked when I am at home. I have a Henry repeating rifle that was made in the 1800's and I have a Colt Navy horse pistol that was used during the civil war. They all shoot, and they all shoot very well. I and all of my kids, including both of my daughters KNOW how to use them. Both of my grandkids, ages 4 and 5 know about guns and have handled them and the 5 year old has shot the .22. He KNOWS that he NEVER touches the weapons EXCEPT when Grandpa is with him. And I've watched him around them when he thinks I'm not there...

I am a lifetime member of the NRA and I routinely give them money. I have bought lifetime memberships for my son, my daughters AND my grand kids. No matter what you do, what you make illegal, I will do as I have for a half century. What someone in Washington D.C. or the east or west coast want, is immaterial to me. You have proven time and again that you lack common sense or logic or even basic human compassion. You (the left) and your ilk have taken a once proud and wonderful people and have reduced them to drug and alcohol addicts who can't even take care of themselves (Native Americans), their ONLY hope to disavow you AND your handouts and make their own way. And now, you want to do the same to the rest of us. You want sheep... lemmings who fall in line and mouth the words that YOU want us to say. Uh, No... not gonna happen slick.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.

No one has "bought" anyone. If this election has shown us anything, its that money will not buy you an election. People back idea's and stances for one reason only. They agree with them.

Mark

If this election has shown us anything, it's that republicans have finally got the candidate that right wing radio and fox have been demanding for a long time. I haven't figured out why they might want an idiot who would destroy the country in so many ways, but that's what they got.
Wrong. Every post you make is wrong. Are you trying to do this? Rush and Medved were against Trump, especially Medved. Trump isn't conservative on many issues. The less you post the smarter you look.

Of course they are against him when faced with the reality. Trump fulfills every quality the right has been demanding for years. He says exactly what he thinks, and is against all the groups right wingers have been against forever. You should have been careful of what you asked for.

Again, I have no dog in the NYC fight. That is one town in a country with hundreds of thousands of towns. I have a simi-auto 1100, and I intend to keep it. There is a big difference in my shot gun with a limited amount of shells, and a military style rifle designed for continuous use and extended capacity clips. I have a reasonable use for my 1100, even if I miss the big ones sometimes, but nobody needs to fire 800 rounds per minute unless they are at war.

it's a city of 8 million people, and the laws there are similar to laws in other large cities.

and "military style rifle" is not an actual weapon class, it's a semi-automatic rifle with SCARYPARTS!!!!!!.

And its not about 800 rounds a minute, its about laws that restrict people to 7-10 round mags when the bad guys won't follow the same rules.

If they are such a great idea, why don't police apply the same limits to themselves?

I don't care what they look like. If it is designed for continuous use, it's more gun than a civilian needs. You know cops have reasonable expectation of needing extended firing that a civilian doesn't, and that that is a dumb comparison

that works out to 12 rounds per second at the low end. Are you telling me an unmodified AR-15 can spit out that many rounds using a 30 round mag?

The rifle can do it. I know that nobody can pull the trigger that fast, and there are aftermarket stocks that use the recoil to help speed up the time between trigger pulls at he expense of control. The gun it's self is capable of that much and more.

Just like a chevy is capable of 220 MPH, if you add special gas, and run on a flat track, and attach rockets to it.

Again, tell me how 12 rounds per second can REALISTICALLY come out of an AR-15, and do so at sustained rate to achieve 700 RPM.

The gun it's self is capable of it. You don't have to add anything. Just like it is capable of certain accuracy. It's not the gun's fault if the shooter doesn't have the skill to access all of it's capabilities.

Mark

Of course they are against him when faced with the reality. Trump fulfills every quality the right has been demanding for years. He says exactly what he thinks, and is against all the groups right wingers have been against forever. You should have been careful of what you asked for.
Sounds like you need a new rawhide chew toy.

The gun it's self is capable of it. You don't have to add anything. Just like it is capable of certain accuracy. It's not the gun's fault if the shooter doesn't have the skill to access all of it's capabilities.

So you can find a shooter who can pump out that many rounds a second?

I'm waiting.

You've been fairly rational up to now. If you want to start implying there might be some sort of armed confrontation with the government, you can go fuck your self . That's nuts.

I'm referring to your trust in the courts. The courts are the ones that keep saying the NYC laws are just dandy, the Courts are the ones that created rights to abortion and gay marriage out of thin air, the courts are the ones that said Separate but Equal was OK a century ago, and that Kelo and Citizens united were just dandy.

Agree or disagree with the individual rulings, but the Courts have been wrong in the past, and considering how far they have branched from interpreting law to creating law, that should make any person very very nervous.

And there is always a "chance" that government will go haywire requiring an armed response, it may be close to zero, but it is always there.

You keep going to the ARMED WAR WITH GOVERNMENT thing. That's just nuts. Work calls. gotta go.

I'd rather just be armed at home, considering criminals don't follow laws, and will be armed regardless of the laws passed.

The idea of 2nd is to make any tyrant think twice over using government to run roughshod over people.

I have guns at home too, and will use them if needed. That has nothing to do with background checks or magazine capacity. Again, talk of an armed confrontation with the military by law abiding citizens is nothing more that a fantasy enjoyed by crazies.

And yet that is a right denied me in a de facto manner, and you want me to agree to MORE regulations?

And the idea of an armed citizenry isn't just about going against a government out of control, its about survival if government becomes ineffective. And those scenarios, from a major power grid failure to a pandemic, are for more likely that an out of control government.

You've been watching too many zombie movies.

So there is zero chance of even a local government collapse?

Ain't we the optimist.

There is nothing crazy about concerns about civil unrest.

Especially with the hate that coming out of the left these days.

So you can find a shooter who can pump out that many rounds a second?

I'm waiting.

We aren't talking about anybody's skill at shooting. We are talking about what the gun is capable of. Frankly "as fast as you can pull the trigger" is still way too much.

Ain't we the optimist.

A collapse to the point that you describe where people are forced to behave as soldiers in a war has zero chance of happening.

Perhaps the most controversial topic on these forums, is this love of guns by right wingers who must be walking around perpetually scared....or just compensating for you know what.

No other nation on earth that is not currently involved in an all-out civil war, experiences the gun violence and carnage as does the U.S.......and ANY attempt to curb the sale of more guns is met by vociferous and incessant whining by the gun slingers.....Never mind that somewhat cooler heads within the RNC have banned guns from their upcoming convention, using the somewhat lame excuse that the secret service (a part of the federal government that they so much hate) does not allow them to come to the convention armed to the teeth.

Follow their "logic" for a moment. Most of them repeatedly state that having MORE guns actually equals LESS killings or gun injuries.......That kind of reasoning is the equivalent to stating that having MORE cars on the highways equals LESS car accidents.......A cognitive failure worthy of a rather "slow" 7 year old.

Who gives a shit what you think Moon Bat?

The Second Amendment to the Bill of Rights is not dependent upon what the fuck confused pussy Moon Bats like you think.

I have about 50 firearms and you don't get a vote in how many I own.

That must really piss you off, not being being able to control the Liberties of other Americans.

You are one sick puppy.

Ain't we the optimist.

A collapse to the point that you describe where people are forced to behave as soldiers in a war has zero chance of happening.

Tell that to the people killed and injured in the LA riots.

There is nothing crazy about concerns about civil unrest.

Especially with the hate that coming out of the left these days.

There is always civil unrest to some extent, somewhere in the country, but not to the extent you describe.

I do love guns. I don't deny it nor do I apologize for it. I have quite a few of them:

Remington 700 series 30-06
Henry Rifle in 357 Mag
Bushmaster AR-15
Mossberg 500
Double barrel shotgun 20 ga
Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum Revolver
Smith & Wesson Governor
High Point 40 ca
Taurus 38 Special
Taurus 32 H & R magnum
Ruger LCP 380
Kel Tek P3AT
Raven 25 auto
Springfield 22LR Bolt action

Plus, I reload ammo for all these except the shotguns, and I even mold the bullets for the revolvers.

Ain't apologizin'

Ain't we the optimist.

Tell that to the people killed and injured in the LA riots.

Much was learned in the LA riots and since then. It would never be allowed to become so wide spread today.

I do love guns. I don't deny it nor do I apologize for it. I have quite a few of them:

Remington 700 series 30-06
Henry Rifle in 357 Mag
Bushmaster AR-15
Mossberg 500
Double barrel shotgun 20 ga
Smith & Wesson 44 Magnum Revolver
Smith & Wesson Governor
High Point 40 ca
Taurus 38 Special
Taurus 32 H & R magnum
Ruger LCP 380
Kel Tek P3AT
Raven 25 auto
Springfield 22LR Bolt action

Plus, I reload ammo for all these except the shotguns, and I even mold the bullets for the revolvers.

Ain't apologizin'

Who asked you to apologize?

Forum List

Back