Right wingers unrequited "love" of guns...lots of guns...

The AR15 can fire between 700 and 950 rounds per minute. Look it up.
I don't care what they look like. If it is designed for continuous use, it's more gun than a civilian needs.

Umm, who made you king? Last I checked YOU don't get to make that decision.

Since the NRA has bought right wing politicians, the majority of gun owners who support universal background checks and magazine limits don't either.

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.

No one has "bought" anyone. If this election has shown us anything, its that money will not buy you an election. People back idea's and stances for one reason only. They agree with them.

Mark

Universal background checks and magazine limits would be reasonable.

However, R-Wers will respond that the bad government will not stop there and the slippery slope begins toward banning all guns, etc.

Interesting that the same rationale is not applied when it comes to those measures of voters' suppression.

How about you left wingers not worry about my guns? As long as no one tries to break into my home threaten me or my family they have nothing to fear about my gun no matter what their race, gender, or political affiliation.

I'm a left winger,and I'm not the least bit concerned about your guns if that is the way you use them. Unfortunately, lots of gun nuts want to prance around in public armed to the teeth 24/7. You can't tell me that somebody with a Rambo attitude, just hoping for a chance to shoot somebody, and carrying their own personal armory isn't endangering the public.
The ones who want that are a small minority of gun owners and open carry is something I don't support I don't speak for all gun owners but I suspect most feel the same about open carry.

I agree. The majority of Americans are in favor of reasonable gun control. Unfortunately, the NRA, who was once focused on gun safety, abandoned their reasonable goals and became nothing more than the sales wing for gun manufacturers. They push fear of a race war, or a civil war, or the fear of gun confiscation, or any number of other things that aren't going to happen as reason to end all restrictions on guns. The NRA bought our politicians.

No one has "bought" anyone. If this election has shown us anything, its that money will not buy you an election. People back idea's and stances for one reason only. They agree with them.

Mark

If this election has shown us anything, it's that republicans have finally got the candidate that right wing radio and fox have been demanding for a long time. I haven't figured out why they might want an idiot who would destroy the country in so many ways, but that's what they got.

Is it your educated opinion that by passing more gun laws crime will drop?

NO, crime will NOT drop.....but mass carnages would be lessened if we stop indiscriminate sales of weapons manufactured SOLELY for the purpose of mass shootings and killings.

You can buy anything you want if you want it bad enough. A dedicated killer will always get/have what they need/want.Making large magazines or semi-automatic weapons illegal will stop nothing.

However, R-Wers will respond that the bad government will not stop there and the slippery slope begins toward banning all guns, etc.

Interesting that the same rationale is not applied when it comes to those measures of voters' suppression.

Right wingers are childish idiots. Their reasoning ability is pretty bad.

Would disregarding what voters want be classified as "voter suppression"?

Considering most of what progressives propose won't save any lives, opposing them is easy.

Are you saying that no reasonable gun restrictions will save lives?

Define a "reasonable" restriction.

Why? We've had this conversation before, and you made it clear that you consider no restriction reasonable.

1. Felons can't have guns. Reasonable
2. Instant background check at point of sale. Reasonable
3. No automatic weapons without a special permit, Reasonable.

Everything else is just fluff.

Good. That means you are for universal background checks.

From my understanding, requiring universal checks would entail some form of registry, of which I am dead set against.

Mark

NO, crime will NOT drop.....but mass carnages would be lessened if we stop indiscriminate sales of weapons manufactured SOLELY for the purpose of mass shootings and killings.

You can buy anything you want if you want it bad enough. A dedicated killer will always get/have what they need/want.Making large magazines or semi-automatic weapons illegal will stop nothing.

Most gun nuts aren't dedicated killers. They are just pathetic fools with a Rambo fetish, but they are too scared to actually join the military. That attitude endangers all of us.

Most gun nuts aren't dedicated killers. They are just pathetic fools with a Rambo fetish, but they are too scared to actually join the military. That attitude endangers all of us.

Then they aren't the ones you should worry about, are they?

If you think you need to be armed all the time, then obviously your controlling emotion is fear. Sorry, but I don't think living with that much fear is healthy.
Do you have a fire extinguisher? If so why are you living in such fear?

If you wish to strap a fire extinguisher to your leg and prance through Walmart, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Wrong answer. Since fire suppression tools are usually found in stores, would you also support hanging a firearm on the wall in a store for emergency use?

Mark

Are you saying that no reasonable gun restrictions will save lives?

Define a "reasonable" restriction.

Why? We've had this conversation before, and you made it clear that you consider no restriction reasonable.

1. Felons can't have guns. Reasonable
2. Instant background check at point of sale. Reasonable
3. No automatic weapons without a special permit, Reasonable.

Everything else is just fluff.

Good. That means you are for universal background checks.

From my understanding, requiring universal checks would entail some form of registry, of which I am dead set against.

Mark

I know that is the right wing rhetoric, but we have background checks now for all licensed dealers without your feared registry. What makes you think we would have to have one to check individual sales?

Then they aren't the ones you should worry about, are they?

Oh yes. An idiot hoping for the chance to show off how macho he is, and shoot someone is scary as hell.

I've always wondered of....on one hand right wingers are so damn proud of boasting what big guns they have.....and on the other hand not wanting a public record of just how many of those big guns they own. Somewhat of a paradox.

If you think you need to be armed all the time, then obviously your controlling emotion is fear. Sorry, but I don't think living with that much fear is healthy.
Do you have a fire extinguisher? If so why are you living in such fear?

If you wish to strap a fire extinguisher to your leg and prance through Walmart, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Wrong answer. Since fire suppression tools are usually found in stores, would you also support hanging a firearm on the wall in a store for emergency use?

Mark

Many businesses have armed security. I don't see someone who is trained in the use of firearms in a confrontational situation as a problem. The little class required for CC is nowhere near making a person competent or safe in that kind of situation.

So all gun owners are just seconds away from cutting loose and opening up on everyone around them?

Never implied the above.....But when there is an objection to even "regulate" the sale of an assault weapon whose only purpose is to kill both fast and as many individual as possible, THEN sanity should intervene.

And when you get rid of those, what happens when a guy with a shotgun kills 10 people in a single incident. Will you want to restrict those shotguns as well?

Mark

So all gun owners are just seconds away from cutting loose and opening up on everyone around them?

Never implied the above.....But when there is an objection to even "regulate" the sale of an assault weapon whose only purpose is to kill both fast and as many individual as possible, THEN sanity should intervene.

And when you get rid of those, what happens when a guy with a shotgun kills 10 people in a single incident. Will you want to restrict those shotguns as well?

Mark

Chances are that that guy would have never been able to pass a background check to start with.

Can you relay to us just HOW MANY mass shooting (10 or more human beings) have occurred in the last couple of decades using a shotgun?

Forum List

Back