Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

What's your fucking problem?? Why do you always think you can start threads preaching to conservatives about what they're allowed to believe, and what's off fucking limits according to you? Why don't you mind your own damn biznez for once, worry about your girlfriend or wife who collects welfare which almost caused you to leave her.. blah blah blah.. STFU already Gramps.. DAMN

You sound like Bloomberg telling people what to do.. Get over yourself!
I agree. Being gay is wrong according to the bible. Well, that and divorce.....you fucking hypocrites.

I tolerate Gay people. But I will not sacrifice my base morals for the sake of a minute few. I see them as a sinful aberration of mankind. Call me a fundamentalist, but a man never sells his soul for want. This is why I disabused from the Republican Party. Too many people willing to sacrifice their core beliefs for a bit of social acceptance. If that alienates me from the mainstream, then so be it! I am a man of strength, not of cowardice. I fight for what I believe, and no man, woman or politician will deter me from doing so.
I'll be damned before I give up the essence of who I am. If gay folks want tolerance, they should stop begging for it and start practicing it.
But you lie. You know exactly what I am talking about.

What's your fucking problem?? Why do you always think you can start threads preaching to conservatives about what they're allowed to believe, and what's off fucking limits according to you? Why don't you mind your own damn biznez for once, worry about your girlfriend or wife who collects welfare which almost caused you to leave her.. blah blah blah.. STFU already Gramps.. DAMN

Because if I can't call out my own I have no business bitching at the other side. I'm not a fucking drone. If you don't like it find the ignore feature and utilize it.

Are you a Christian?

If not, you are not calling out your own.

You are saying "Forget your Christian morality and line up more with my ideals."

I like you Gramps..and I mostly agree with you...but I have you be true to myself.

My faith is a part of who I am.

I agree. Being gay is wrong according to the bible. Well, that and divorce.....you
censored.gif
hypocrites.

Yep.

I tolerate Gay people. But I will not sacrifice my base morals for the sake of a minute few. I see them as a sinful aberration of mankind. Call me a fundamentalist, but a man never sells his soul for want. This is why I disabused from the Republican Party. Too many people willing to sacrifice their core beliefs for a bit of social acceptance. If that alienates me from the mainstream, then so be it! I am a man of strength, not of cowardice. I fight for what I believe, and no man, woman or politician will deter me from doing so.
I'll be damned before I give up the essence of who I am. If gay folks want tolerance, they should stop begging for it and start practicing it.
But you lie. You know exactly what I am talking about.

You lie to yourselves all the time. Believing you are superior because of your "tolerance" and "harmony." Believing that people should practice your brand of thinking is quite delusional. You want tolerance but never practice it, and when someone finally gets fed up with your crap, you call them out on it. You people are evil and misplaced in this world, toying with people's emotions as you do.

I agree. Being gay is wrong according to the bible. Well, that and divorce.....you fucking hypocrites.

You know what I see here? The very reason why I broke ranks within my former party. People are turning on one another. Zona has now taken advantage of this. I see the microcosm of indecisiveness... no wonder we lost the elections the past two times. We have no direction. None. This is actually saddening to see.

That's what happens when you think education is for snobs and your leaders want to bring in immigrants with degrees and cut education here. I suspect they think their base is too stupid to learn.

And no one disputes your right to be ignorant and hateful in accordance with your faith.

But don’t attempt to codify that dogma of ignorance and hate through the ballot box or the courts.

And no one disputes your right to be ignorant and hateful in accordance with your faith.

But don’t attempt to codify that dogma of ignorance and hate through the ballot box or the courts.

While you get to codify your religious intolerance at the ballot box? How dare you lecture me about hate and ignorance? You hypocrite! You are hateful, ignorant and intolerant, whilst belonging to no faith at all, so what do you know hotshot? You think you can just diminish people like us and carry on with wanton disregard for what we are and what we stand for?

You want tolerance from us, but yet you wish to destroy us, ever so silently, quietly, with malice in your hearts. Do you think we're that ignorant? Do you think we will sit here and let you silence us? You have another thing coming Clayton. Your rank hypocrisy makes me sick. You want to force us into submission with your ideals instead of coexisting with us. The courts have already borne this out, you are just an example of it. How pathetic. How low must our society steep for this?

You preach of equality, but want nothing of it. You wish to diminish one to enhance the other. Ignorance is you thinking you can get away with such behavior.

Last edited:

Really?

I'm having a flashback to when black people weren't allowed to vote because they were thought to be ignorant.

I can see the hate and lack of tolerance in your post.

Way to go :thup:

Last edited:
Check your christian morality bullshit at the door and LEARN to pick your fights. Gays are a minute voting block but they DO have the support of many others.
Losing elections over trivial bullshit that only affects a few people while the debt and everything else spirals out of control makes no sense.

Lets focus on the things that matter to everyone and stop picking fights that alienate us over small things.

Sin is sin for believers so stop bitching about what Sally does with her tongue when Johnny is no better off when he envies the Harley in his neighbors garage.
If they want to partake in the hell aka marriage give it to them. It's a piece of fucking paper ultimately.
Gay marriage is inevitable. It's simply going to happen -- not everywhere at first, but ultimately it will be the law in all states.

Yes, gays are sinners. So am I. So are you. So are everybody. And no sin is worse in God's eyes than any other. I'd rather see a gay couple stay committed and monogamous than straight people sleep around.

Now here comes the part where Dave dictates the True Conservative Position:

The Federal government doesn't belong in the marriage business. Remove all tax incentives (or better yet, make them apply equally to all tax payers) and just have city hall or the county court clerk record who's married to whom, in either civil ceremonies or a church wedding. As long as the couple is of legal age in their jurisdiction, or has permission from their parents to do so, they can get married.

That's the solution that treats everyone equally under the law -- which is a tenet of conservatism.

Wanna marry your dog? No. That's stupid and sick. Seek help. Wanna sue a church to make them marry you if they refuse? No. You're just being a bitter attention whore. Cut it out and go find another church who will.

For the record, I'm a Christian. My sister-in-law has a permanent relationship with her partner, and they're a great couple. My SIL is also a Christian, and she's a very good stepmom to her partner's kids, and the kids love her a lot.

Any questions?
Outside of the god crap I cant disagree with this post. The overall outcome is something I agree with.

Now government isnt going to get out of the marriage business so its a silly point to make.

why does ne1 care if sumone else is gay or whatever??? u cant make then ungay and they cant make u gay so why care??? never understand why this bothers so many ppl

I believe that many people who consider themselves conservative also believe in "live and let live" and don't much care one way or the other about gays marrying.

But I don't think that the other swath of cons in America can let it go, and it's futile to even try to convince them.

And there's the strange splinter we see on the right these days, between those who are totally unbending in their idea of passing laws based on their religion, and those who are more socially libertarian and actually understand what freedom is all about.

America just isn't a socially conservative country any longer. Only one third of it remains so. But they're a powerful block because they show up to vote for everything and they're really loud about the silly shit they stand for.

In my lifetime, the Republican party has changed dramatically. They used to be a viable party you could vote for, but now they've gotten really restrictive and exclusive about things. You used to be able to have disagreements with people in your own party, but the minute I stepped out of line on a couple things, it's like you get the cold shoulder for not being as extreme as the rest of 'em.

Well, now I vote Democratic if only because that's the only party in America that will actually sit down and try to advance things because the other team seems to care more about making a point rather than helping to move things along.

They can't let it go, so you must change. Go to the party that is more tolerant to differing views and is more willing to make compromises in order for the bigger picture to be met. You can still be a person who wishes to find ways to decrease the number of unwanted pregnancies even if you're a Democrat. You can be fiscally conservative AND be a Democrat. You can be a little hawkish on foreign policy AND find ways to reduce the military budget AND be a Democrat. You can be for the death penalty AND be a Democrat. You can hold the view of a more limited government that also knows how to invest and spend wisely in order to help our economy of the future AND be a Democrat.

Last edited:
I believe that many people who consider themselves conservative also believe in "live and let live" and don't much care one way or the other about gays marrying.

But I don't think that the other swath of cons in America can let it go, and it's futile to even try to convince them.

Yep.

This is where I think the division pimps (Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, etc.) have caused the Right so much damage. They've turned many into absolutists, unwilling to give an inch, all or nothing, us vs. them, convinced that cooperation equals capitulation.

I recently heard Limbaugh say that if a third party is formed, it will signal "the end of the GOP". I was stunned. This is the same guy who attacks any Republican who does not toe the line, just as Levin and Hannity do. He's exacerbating the split, and he's complaining that a split would destroy the party? What the hell?!

Democrats have to love this stuff.

Forum List

Back