Rightwingers, of whom I'm one, let the gay shit go

You missed my point, and I think you did it on purpose, since you have no valid answer to my post.

The Democrat party has been spending probably trillions, but at least billions in its war on poverty. Admittedly, it is /was just as futile as the Republican efforts on the War on Drugs.

When you used the term "impoverished areas" I have seen them. I did volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity in black Overtown in Miami as well as with Apaplachian Service Project in white Chavies, KY.

I am not sure if your personal experience to help poor people, black or white, is similar to my experience, but I give you the benefit of doubt.

Like you say, poverty is poverty. And the ridicule Democrats heap on blacks (male or female) and women Black or white) is still ridicule.

When I hear from you or anyone like you even the slightest recognition and admittance that women and blacks who happen to be conservatives are not bigots, racists, Uncle Toms, traitors to their gender/race, I will give you credit for your posts.

I don't think we are that far apart on this. Poverty exists and it is a blight on our great society. The Republic Party says ......pick yourself up by your bootstraps, get a job......if you have a job, get a better job.......just don't bother me when I push for further tax cuts for the wealthy
The Republic Partymay mock the war on poverty, but it was effective in raising people out of poverty. Interview anyone who has risen from poor to middle class and find out how they did it. Yes, hard work and initiative played a part......but so did jobs training and jobs programs. So did small business loans and initiatives.

The main whipping boy for the Republic Party remains safety net programs. Aid for families with dependent children, food stamps, housing allowances and yes, even a $30 cell phone

Let me refer back to my experiences as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and the Appallachian Service Project.

Habitat for Humanity insists that the charity it provides is a HAND UP not a handout. People receiving help from Habitat for Humanity must provide "sweat equity", in other words, help themselves in order to get help from others.

Kind of like the philosophy of the Republican Party.

Appallachian Service Project, on the other hand believes that asking ANY contribution from the recipient of their charity is demeaning. Why, they even told us volunteers not to have a cold beer after sweating all day, or risk sent home from the project.

Kind of like the philosophy of the Democrat Party.

Footnote: In all the years I spent doing volunteer work, I met only one Democrat. Other than several black families (New Habitat for Humanity home owners) I met in Overtown and Homestead, no black volunteer was seen anywhere.

Actually, you need both a hand up and a hand out

I applaud your charitable work.

I would not be held legally accountable, thats the difference. you want to make any disagreement with the gay agenda illegal.

Who is holding you legally responsible for hating gays? You can hate anyone you please.

who hates gays? not me. I have friends and relatives who are gay and I love and respect them as people.

the hate always comes from the left and its always aimed at anyone who dares to disagree with some element of the liberal/marxist agenda.

Yea...yea........some of my best friends are gay

We have heard it all before, I have no problem with gays as long as they remain in the shadows

Keep it up, hater dupes- you're the greatest! Great fun watching the GOP implode...

how is having principles and standing behind them a hateful thing. Sorry dude, but the hate always comes from you lefities who are determined to hate and destroy anyone who dares disagree with you leftist/marxist agenda.

Ironic post of the thread.

When those ‘principles’ seek to deny citizens their equal protection rights, that is a hateful thing.

The only thing ‘lefties’ hate is the ignorance and animus exhibited toward same-sex couples by the right.

I don't think we are that far apart on this. Poverty exists and it is a blight on our great society. The Republic Party says ......pick yourself up by your bootstraps, get a job......if you have a job, get a better job.......just don't bother me when I push for further tax cuts for the wealthy
The Republic Partymay mock the war on poverty, but it was effective in raising people out of poverty. Interview anyone who has risen from poor to middle class and find out how they did it. Yes, hard work and initiative played a part......but so did jobs training and jobs programs. So did small business loans and initiatives.

The main whipping boy for the Republic Party remains safety net programs. Aid for families with dependent children, food stamps, housing allowances and yes, even a $30 cell phone

Let me refer back to my experiences as a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and the Appallachian Service Project.

Habitat for Humanity insists that the charity it provides is a HAND UP not a handout. People receiving help from Habitat for Humanity must provide "sweat equity", in other words, help themselves in order to get help from others.

Appallachian Service Project, on the other hand believes that asking ANY contribution from the recipient of their charity is demeaning. Why, they even told us volunteers not to have a cold beer after sweating all day, or risk sent home from the project.

Footnote: In all the years I spent doing volunteer work, I met only one Democrat. Other than several black families (New Habitat for Humanity home owners) I met in Overtown and Homestead, no black volunteer was seen anywhere.

Yes, but there should be limits and conditions on both. We should not tolerage generational welfare for able bodied people. Do you agree with that?

Nope....your whole argument is based on a LIE. Why would one group be able to sue churches for not marrying them when OTHER groups cannot, nor have they ever been able to?

Where does the ability pop up?

You've been had by the anti-gay marriage propaganda. If you took a moment, you'd see it.

So, calling me a liar is all you have to throw at me? Sigh

:eusa_doh:

I said the argument you put out is based on a LIE. Now, if you are purposefully putting it out KNOWING it's a LIE, that would make you a LIAR...yes. However, if you are a patsy for Far Right talking points despite evidence that such lawsuits cannot be successful....that would make you a gullable fool.

So simply calling everything a lie makes it all better? Try backing yourself up.

What I find interesting is that the gay argument is to put what they want on par with being black and the black experience. An interracial marriage has nothing to do with same sex marriage.

The are generally the same, marriage with legal contracts.

Who is holding you legally responsible for hating gays? You can hate anyone you please.

who hates gays? not me. I have friends and relatives who are gay and I love and respect them as people.

the hate always comes from the left and its always aimed at anyone who dares to disagree with some element of the liberal/marxist agenda.

Yea...yea........some of my best friends are gay

We have heard it all before, I have no problem with gays as long as they remain in the shadows

not what I said. I have no problems with gays as long as the govt does not punish me for disagreeing with their lifestyle, or force me to legally condone it.

we have the freedom to disagree with how anyone chooses to live.

You need to post the full links, this site has a bad habit of editing them. This results in the links not working.

Don’t bother.

The links can be viewed with a simple cut and paste.

Again, none of the links concern laws or lawsuits compelling members of the clergy to perform marriages for same-sex couples or compelling churches to recognize same-sex marriage.

The last link concerned state adoption policy when Romney was governor.

Sorry, on top of my paralegal studies, I delve into website coding. This sites programming shortens links for brevity in a post. A cut and paste is a mere copy of the link as it is posted.

If you don't like his links, you can read mine.

Keep it up, hater dupes- you're the greatest! Great fun watching the GOP implode...

how is having principles and standing behind them a hateful thing. Sorry dude, but the hate always comes from you lefities who are determined to hate and destroy anyone who dares disagree with you leftist/marxist agenda.

When those ‘principles’ seek to deny citizens their equal protection rights, that is a hateful thing.

The only thing ‘lefties’ hate is the ignorance and animus exhibited toward same-sex couples by the right.

wrong again, I believe that same sex couples should have equal civil rights---in fact, they already do. I do not believe that a state, church, or federal government should be forced to sanction gay marriages.

and be honest, you hate me for thinking that way, you want to force me to change my mind------but you never will. so fuck off.

wrong again, I believe that same sex couples should have equal civil rights---in fact, they already do. I do not believe that a state, church, or federal government should be forced to sanction gay marriages.

and be honest, you hate me for thinking that way, you want to force me to change my mind------but you never will. so fuck off.

If the state or federal government is not providing same services for all law-abiding, tax-paying citizens...that is unconstitutional based on the 14th amendment.

Churches can do what they want based on the 1st amendment.

What's your fucking problem?? Why do you always think you can start threads preaching to conservatives about what they're allowed to believe, and what's off fucking limits according to you? Why don't you mind your own damn biznez for once, worry about your girlfriend or wife who collects welfare which almost caused you to leave her.. blah blah blah.. STFU already Gramps.. DAMN

You sound like Bloomberg telling people what to do.. Get over yourself!

Because if I can't call out my own I have no business bitching at the other side. I'm not a fucking drone. If you don't like it find the ignore feature and utilize it.

You're not calling out anyone DUMMY.. You're telling people what they are allowed to believe in and what they can and cannot say.. IT'S FUCKING fascist and totally LEFTIST.. so lie in it, roll in shit with pigs you become one.. Sick of your melodramatic lectures anyhow.

Excuse me but did he address you personally in his O/P? No, he didn't. Your screen name isn't anywhere in his post. Sounds like you're the one with the problem.

Yes, but there should be limits and conditions on both. We should not tolerage generational welfare for able bodied people. Do you agree with that?

There is a limit on the number of hours of "sweat equity" for new Habitat for Humanity home owner.

I agree with the rest of your post. I wonder if rightwinger does?

What's your fucking problem?? Why do you always think you can start threads preaching to conservatives about what they're allowed to believe, and what's off fucking limits according to you? Why don't you mind your own damn biznez for once, worry about your girlfriend or wife who collects welfare which almost caused you to leave her.. blah blah blah.. STFU already Gramps.. DAMN

You sound like Bloomberg telling people what to do.. Get over yourself!

Because if I can't call out my own I have no business bitching at the other side. I'm not a fucking drone. If you don't like it find the ignore feature and utilize it.

You are preaching a party line. Party line is make the tents roof bigger, and to throw out the old principals for the new ones so the party can take their 8 year turn to fuck up the country. The fact that you have to qualify your statement by professing your rightwingness says all one needs to know about you.

I tolerate Gay people. But I will not sacrifice my base morals for the sake of a minute few. I see them as a sinful aberration of mankind. Call me a fundamentalist, but a man never sells his soul for want. This is why I disabused from the Republican Party. Too many people willing to sacrifice their core beliefs for a bit of social acceptance. If that alienates me from the mainstream, then so be it! I am a man of strength, not of cowardice. I fight for what I believe, and no man, woman or politician will deter me from doing so.

I'll be damned before I give up the essence of who I am. If gay folks want tolerance, they should stop begging for it and start practicing it.

Oh, jesus...this thread isn't about YOU. You and that Gunslinger gal, tsk tsk.

It is something thst should be let alone. I'm happy to. Just as soon as gays start respecting the religious beliefs and practices of others and as soon as gay guys stop demanding the right to wag their weenies in women's rest rooms and dressing rooms.

Deal????

Exactly my thoughts.

Just not verbatim...I am not sure I would have said "wagging weenies" :D

I believe that many people who consider themselves conservative also believe in "live and let live" and don't much care one way or the other about gays marrying.

But I don't think that the other swath of cons in America can let it go, and it's futile to even try to convince them.

Yep.

This is where I think the division pimps (Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, etc.) have caused the Right so much damage. They've turned many into absolutists, unwilling to give an inch, all or nothing, us vs. them, convinced that cooperation equals capitulation.

I recently heard Limbaugh say that if a third party is formed, it will signal "the end of the GOP". I was stunned. This is the same guy who attacks any Republican who does not toe the line, just as Levin and Hannity do. He's exacerbating the split, and he's complaining that a split would destroy the party? What the hell?!

I suspect that nasty little oxycodone habit has reared its ugly head again.

You're not calling out anyone DUMMY.. You're telling people what they are allowed to believe in and what they can and cannot say.. IT'S FUCKING fascist and totally LEFTIST.. so lie in it, roll in shit with pigs you become one.. Sick of your melodramatic lectures anyhow.

Excuse me but did he address you personally in his O/P? No, he didn't. Your screen name isn't anywhere in his post. Sounds like you're the one with the problem.

She just gets testy when her right to insist that her party hate fags is challenged

Forum List

Back