Rightwingers really need to stop comparing the summer riots to the Jan 6th insurrection and here is why

NFBW wrote: If DJT says it - it must be true. But if Trump calls my peaceful lawful vote against his regime of lies and hate, an insurrection, I can use insurrection to define (1) The Eastman Coup Plot Conspirators (2) The Jan6 protesters who today defined by the RNC as WERE engaged in “legitimate political discourse” on Jan6 (3) GUN GUT GOD militia members and other militant rabble that stormed the Capitol
22FEB04-POST#1118

NFBW wrote: DICTIONARY.com has no context in the first definition re: overthrowing a government.
Insurrection: an act or instance of rising in revolt, rebellion, or resistance against civil authority or an established government.​

I can make a case that (1) (2) (3) above wanted to stop the peaceful transfer of power on Jan20 which is overthrowing the INCOMING government.

Nevertheless I’ll take the actual meaning And use it’s words

“an act or instance” DJT rally, fake electors, pressure on Pence, militia plots, travel to DC, stockpile firearms across the Potomac, crushing a cop trapped in a door

“of rising in resistance” to the peaceful transfer of power

“against (the) civil authority” of a live active Joint Session of Congress with the Vice President presiding

“ (of) an established government.” The UNITED STATES of AMERICA

. . . All at the behest of a sitting United States president in the hopes of remaining in power after losing the election

it is an insurrection from almost every angle that you look at it
22FEB04-POST#1118
The two extra days of harvesting illegal ballots says he’s right

The two extra days of harvesting illegal ballots says he’s right

So was DJT’s failed attempted insurrection on Jan6 right because his previous attempt to prove in a court of law that there were two extra days of harvesting illegal ballots that caused him to lose all failed. And not proven yet 14 months after he claimed it happened. 22FEB04-POST#1122

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection​

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.​

NFBW wrote: I’m not seeing the words “overthrow a government” up there.,

This was your opening comnent
The purpose of an insurrection is supposedly to overthrow a government (which is clearly not what happened) OR to impede the operation of some facet of government.

You did use “supposedly” .

Trump’s feet did not set upon on the Capitol grounds but he incited the insurrection with his big lie and it’s easy to see an insurrection against the authority of the United States of America when we saw one.

So I am still OK with the use of the word insurrection having taken a look at your challenge.

And just to let you know that I prefer the Justice Department’s legal vernacular which is “seditious conspiracy“. That describes the political violence equally but it carries a maximum 20 year prison term. Life for Trump. 22FEB04-POST#1123

Last edited:
So was DJT’s failed attempted insurrection on Jan6 right because his previous attempt to prove in a court of law that there were two extra days of harvesting illegal ballots that caused him to lose all failed. And not proven yet 14 months after he claimed it happened. 22FEB04-POST#1122
Never happened

Any liberal who uses the word “insurrection” loses all credibility.

FBI confirms there was no insurrection on Jan. 6

Any liberal who uses the word “insurrection” loses all credibility.

if I don’t have credibility, it should be pretty easy for you to answer the question and explain why

So was DJT’s failed attempted seditious conspiracy leading up to Jan6 right?

A true insurrection attempt is likely to come in January 2025 if Trump takes the White House. We’ve already seen the violence and damage the liberals are capable of, and they will have funding by Soros. The National Guard will have to be called out a week in advance.

A true insurrection attempt is likely to come in January 2025 if Trump takes the White House. We’ve already seen the violence and damage the liberals are capable of, and they will have funding by Soros. The National Guard will have to be called out a week in advance
Are you reading that in the book of revelations?

I prefer to have discourse based upon observable facts. Can you go there or is it against your religion?

Trump’s feet did not set upon on the Capitol grounds but he incited the insurrection with his big lie and it’s easy to see an insurrection against the authority of the United States of America when we saw one.

So I am still OK with the use of the word insurrection having taken a look at your challenge.

And just to let you know that I prefer the Justice Department’s legal vernacular which is “seditious conspiracy“. That describes the political violence equally but it carries a maximum 20 year prison term. Life for Trump. 22FEB04-POST#1123
Prove it jack ! More misinformation

It clearly wasn’t an insurrection. Nor a coup or coup attempt. Nor was it sedition. And I suspect that your view has just as much accuracy as the claims that the Antifa scum, in Portland, are insurrectionists.

I still maintain that the ones who trespassed at the Capitol should be prosecuted for that. If they damaged our property, charge them with that. If they employed violence (particularly using blunt objects and things like that) and struck cops or others, prosecute them for those crimes. But charging any of them for the fictional crimes alleged like “seditious conspiracy” is not doing justice. I see people are kind of outraged by what they saw. That I get. But prosecutions aren’t properly governed by emotionalism.

The point is that we have seen, via recent history, that the Dems’ riots are much more destructive - in terms of arson, property damage, assaults, and lives lost - than Republicans, who dress up in weird outfits and come armed with zip ties.

NFBW wrote: Are you talking about the Chauvin riots last summer? Please name the Democrat that has been arrested and convicted of rioting during the Chauvin riots, please.

Prove it jack ! More misinformation

I would be glad to. Prove What Exactly? Do I need to prove that Trump didn’t march to the capital

But charging any of them for the fictional crimes alleged like “seditious conspiracy” is not doing justice.

NFBW wrote: The evidence against Elmer Rhodes and 10 proud boys is very substantial that they committed seditious conspiracy to stop the proceedings on January 6 for Trump

Elmer called it an insurrection butvI can’t?
“Because if you don’t guys, you’re going to be in a bloody, bloody civil war, and a bloody — you can call it an insurrection or you can call it a war or fight.”​
Here is a summation of what they got on Elmer of the OATH KEEPERS

Elmer Stewart Rhodes III — a one-time Army paratrooper, disbarred Yale lawyer, constitutionalist, gun enthusiast, and far-right media star — founded the group called the Oath Keepers in 2009. Since then, he has ridden crosscurrents of American anger and strife that ran from scrubby Western deserts to angry urban protests right into the Capitol rotunda.​
….“We’re going to defend the president, the duly elected president” — by whom he meant Trump — “and we call on him to do what needs to be done to save our country,” Rhodes allegedly said. “Because if you don’t guys, you’re going to be in a bloody, bloody civil war, and a bloody — you can call it an insurrection or you can call it a war or fight.”​
By Dec. 31st, that indictment states, Rhodes had joined a private group text on Signal titled “DC OP: Jan 6 21.” The indictment describes Rhodes as hand-picking a top deputy, known as “PERSON TEN,” to be the “operations leader” for the group on Jan. 6. The indictment also alleges Rhodes put up money for hotel rooms for himself and “PERSON TEN” at the Hilton Garden Inn in Vienna, Virginia. And it describes how, on the day of the insurrection, Rhodes was in constant contact, via text and phone call, with people named in the alleged conspiracy.​
For example, Rhodes texted the group chat at 1:25 p.m. remarking: “Pence is doing nothing. As I predicted.” And then again at 1:40 p.m. he wrote: “All I see Trump doing is complaining. I see no intent by him to do anything. So the patriots are taking it into their own hands. They’ve had enough.” Minutes later Rhodes texted that he was on his way to the Capitol.
The new indictment released Thursday offers fresh details of Rhodes’ involvement in the alleged plot:​
It records a Signal message Rhodes sent two days after the election calling on his followers to refuse to accept the result: “We aren’t getting through this without a civil war. Too late for that. Prepare your mind, body, spirit.”​
Two days later, on Nov. 7, Rhodes sent a similar message calling for an action at the Capitol: “[W]e must now do what the people of Serbia did when Milosevic stole their election. – Refuse to accept it and march en-mass on the nation’s Capitol.”
On December 11, he sent a message to deputies warning that if Biden were to take office: “It will be a bloody and desperate fight. We are going to have a fight. That can’t be avoided.”​
On New Year’s Eve, Rhodes text earlier : “There is no standard political or legal way out of this.”​
On the day of Jan. 6, the indictment quotes Rhodes calling the insurgents, “Actual Patriots. Pissed off patriots[.] Like the Sons of Liberty were pissed off patriots[.]”​
It also alleges for the first time that Rhodes himself was part of the breach, alleging he “entered the restricted Capitol grounds on the northeast side of the Capitol.”​
Shortly after 3 p.m, the indictment records, Rhodes was texted with an update that Congress members inside the building had been given gas masks and were trying to get out. Rhodes’ alleged reply: “fuck em.”​
In alarming detail, the indictment also alleges that Rhodes bought and stockpiled thousands of dollars of firearms and tactical gear, both in the build up to Jan. 6 and in its aftermath:​
22FEB04-POST#1134​

Last edited:
TRUMP IS UN-American.

Yet you brainwashed leftists still harp on Trump. You’re very disturbed, actually.

It’s not just leftists anymore?

22FEB04-Pence Federalist Society speech - Florida: The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone, and frankly there is no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president

Et Tu Penc’e Today Pence said in the clip.

“This week, president Trump said I had a right to ‘overturn the election.' President Trump is wrong,” “I had no right to overturn the election. The presidency belongs to the American people and the American people alone, and frankly there is no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president

NFBW wrote: Are you talking about the Chauvin riots last summer? Please name the Democrat that has been arrested and convicted of rioting during the Chauvin riots, please.

I would be glad to. Prove What Exactly? Do I need to prove that Trump didn’t march to the capital

NFBW wrote: The evidence against Elmer Rhodes and 10 proud boys is very substantial that they committed seditious conspiracy to stop the proceedings on January 6 for Trump

Elmer called it an insurrection butvI can’t?
“Because if you don’t guys, you’re going to be in a bloody, bloody civil war, and a bloody — you can call it an insurrection or you can call it a war or fight.”​
Here is a summation of what they got on Elmer of the OATH KEEPERS

Elmer Stewart Rhodes III — a one-time Army paratrooper, disbarred Yale lawyer, constitutionalist, gun enthusiast, and far-right media star — founded the group called the Oath Keepers in 2009. Since then, he has ridden crosscurrents of American anger and strife that ran from scrubby Western deserts to angry urban protests right into the Capitol rotunda.​
….“We’re going to defend the president, the duly elected president” — by whom he meant Trump — “and we call on him to do what needs to be done to save our country,” Rhodes allegedly said. “Because if you don’t guys, you’re going to be in a bloody, bloody civil war, and a bloody — you can call it an insurrection or you can call it a war or fight.”​
By Dec. 31st, that indictment states, Rhodes had joined a private group text on Signal titled “DC OP: Jan 6 21.” The indictment describes Rhodes as hand-picking a top deputy, known as “PERSON TEN,” to be the “operations leader” for the group on Jan. 6. The indictment also alleges Rhodes put up money for hotel rooms for himself and “PERSON TEN” at the Hilton Garden Inn in Vienna, Virginia. And it describes how, on the day of the insurrection, Rhodes was in constant contact, via text and phone call, with people named in the alleged conspiracy.​
For example, Rhodes texted the group chat at 1:25 p.m. remarking: “Pence is doing nothing. As I predicted.” And then again at 1:40 p.m. he wrote: “All I see Trump doing is complaining. I see no intent by him to do anything. So the patriots are taking it into their own hands. They’ve had enough.” Minutes later Rhodes texted that he was on his way to the Capitol.
The new indictment released Thursday offers fresh details of Rhodes’ involvement in the alleged plot:​
It records a Signal message Rhodes sent two days after the election calling on his followers to refuse to accept the result: “We aren’t getting through this without a civil war. Too late for that. Prepare your mind, body, spirit.”​
Two days later, on Nov. 7, Rhodes sent a similar message calling for an action at the Capitol: “[W]e must now do what the people of Serbia did when Milosevic stole their election. – Refuse to accept it and march en-mass on the nation’s Capitol.”
On December 11, he sent a message to deputies warning that if Biden were to take office: “It will be a bloody and desperate fight. We are going to have a fight. That can’t be avoided.”​
On New Year’s Eve, Rhodes text earlier : “There is no standard political or legal way out of this.”​
On the day of Jan. 6, the indictment quotes Rhodes calling the insurgents, “Actual Patriots. Pissed off patriots[.] Like the Sons of Liberty were pissed off patriots[.]”​
It also alleges for the first time that Rhodes himself was part of the breach, alleging he “entered the restricted Capitol grounds on the northeast side of the Capitol.”​
Shortly after 3 p.m, the indictment records, Rhodes was texted with an update that Congress members inside the building had been given gas masks and were trying to get out. Rhodes’ alleged reply: “fuck em.”​
In alarming detail, the indictment also alleges that Rhodes bought and stockpiled thousands of dollars of firearms and tactical gear, both in the build up to Jan. 6 and in its aftermath:​
22FEB04-POST#1134​
You can label it anything you want. Elmer misused the word. You can, too.

That issue is about police brutality and police brutality only. It is about nothing else related to left wing politics. It simply happens to be an issue that the left wing cares about. It does not somehow represent the behavior of liberals or democrats. Most of the people dead (13) from those riots were the black people involved.

The insurrection a year ago today was directly related to Trump and Republican politics. Their intentions were related to keep Trump in power. 4 people died and 4 capitol police officers committed suicide following the event.

Only Ashli Babbitt was murdered on January 6. The other deaths were two heart attacks, an accidental drug overdose and cop had a stroke on January 7.

Do you have some proof of suicide being related to the January 6 protest?

Only Ashli Babbitt was murdered on January 6. The other deaths were two heart attacks, an accidental drug overdose and cop had a stroke on January 7.

No, he’s just an idiot

I love how you idiots say she was murdered but George Floyd got what was coming to him. And sure, the rest were Trumptards who pathetically died on their own because they couldn’t handle their own insurrection attempt.

This point is so stupid. I don’t need proof that they killed themselves because of the riot because it’s obvious. This wasn’t 4 officers who were simply on the force. They were 4 officers who were there that day and responded to the Trumptard mayhem. See secretly you know these officers killed themselves as a direct result of the riot. You’re just denying it like a child and asking for “proof”.

Last edited:

If the Truckers block the interstate around Los Angeles during the Superbowl (as threatened) like Black Lives Matter blocking the same interstate ...
It will probably be another Insurrection to the Progressives.

Those folks will be trying to roll the National Guard on them.

Forum List

Back