🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

RIP Manfred Rommel

Bloodrock44

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
Buzzard Gulch, NC
Just saw where Manfred Rommel passed on Nov. 7. He was the son of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, the Desert Fox. Manfred served 22 years as the mayor of Stuttgart and was very popular with the German people. Watched him on the military channel giving the account of the day they came and made his father commit suicide for his part in the assassination plot to kill Hitler.

Just saw where Manfred Rommel passed on Nov. 7. He was the son of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel, the Desert Fox. Manfred served 22 years as the mayor of Stuttgart and was very popular with the German people. Watched him on the military channel giving the account of the day they came and made his father commit suicide for his part in the assassination plot to kill Hitler.

Yes, they tended to do that to traitors.

Yes, they tended to do that to traitors.

I see. So being a traitor against Hitler was a bad thing?

Hitler had at least 30 attempts on his life, he was one lucky devil.

That he was. Irwin Rommel was born in Heidenheim which is the town where my wife was born and raised just a few blocks from Rommel's birth house. The people of that town did not like Hitler at all. Shortly after Hitler was elected he paraded through the town and many of the people turned their backs on his car as he drove past. Pissed Hitler off. After the war started he had the men of the town drafted and sent them to the Russian front. My sister in law's father was from that town and was killed on the Russian front. One of the attempted assassins was from Heidenheim and they built a statue of him and named a school after him. True story.

That he was. Irwin Rommel was born in Heidenheim which is the town where my wife was born and raised just a few blocks from Rommel's birth house. The people of that town did not like Hitler at all. Shortly after Hitler was elected he paraded through the town and many of the people turned their backs on his car as he drove past. Pissed Hitler off. After the war started he had the men of the town drafted and sent them to the Russian front. My sister in law's father was from that town and was killed on the Russian front. One of the attempted assassins was from Heidenheim and they built a statue of him and named a school after him. True story.

When I re-enlisted in the Army I made them put in my contract that I wanted to be stationed in Germany. I got Ft. Hood Texass. There are a lot of German towns around there but it's not what I wanted, but you know how it is in the military.

When I re-enlisted in the Army I made them put in my contract that I wanted to be stationed in Germany. I got Ft. Hood Texass. There are a lot of German towns around there but it's not what I wanted, but you know how it is in the military.

Yep. I contracted for Germany and luckily I got it. Ended up spending 5 years there. Would love to move there. Wife has a standing offer to teach in Austria. That would be just as good.

Forum List

Back