Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

One of them actually hit him with a skateboard and the other was pointing a handgun at him (a handgun that although Rittenhouse didn't know it, was illegal for the guy to posses since he was a convicted felon. Both shootings were clearly self-defense.
Yes, trying to disarm an active shooter. As far as grosskreutz, I'm pretty sure he never actually point the handgun at Rittenhouse and he wasn't a felon.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the many "Good Samaritan" laws on the books AND the extremely strong interest Kyle had in law enforcement.

You understand that those Good Samaritan laws are limited. If you pull someone out of a burning car and in the process injure their back you are covered. If you try and perform an emergency appendectomy with no medical training you are not covered.

It is intended for lawsuits and offers limited protection from criminal charges.

Also the argument of Self Defense is flawed. We do not allow people to claim self defense while they are committing a crime. Otherwise every armed robber would swear it was self defense when they killed the clerk.

It is undeniable that Kyle was committing crimes before the shooting.

Lastly. He wasn’t a paramedic. He was a kid with a basic first aid course and delusions of heroic glory.

We're dealing with a 17 year old, not a Martian ... and an AR-15, not a ray gun.
icon_rolleyes.gif

And because the gun was used in a death, that charge will be carelessly ignored. Especially since a person loses their legal right to invoke self-defense when the death occurs while the defendant was in the commission of a crime, which Rittenhouse was.

The "crime" being a "child" with a gun. For which you want to charge him as an adult....and put in jail for adult time.

If I wrote a story with a villain as soulless as modern "liberals", people would not be able to believe them.

Thanos' morality held together better than the shit you lefties are pushing today.

Yes, trying to disarm an active shooter. As far as grosskreutz, I'm pretty sure he never actually point the handgun at Rittenhouse and he wasn't a felon.

Active shooter? LOL!!! You are so full of shit, I'm surprised you have not exploded.

In fact, if you ever stop posting, that is what I will assume happened to you. YOu exploded, like a giant shit bomb.

Exactly like a giant shit bomb.

The "crime" being a "child" with a gun. For which you want to charge him as an adult....and put in jail for adult time.

If I wrote a story with a villain as soulless as modern "liberals", people would not be able to believe them.

Thanos' morality held together better than the shit you lefties are pushing today.

I'm hardly a "lefty", and I think he should be tried as an adult...

I'm hardly a "lefty", and I think he should be tried as an adult...

You don't see any ethical or moral problem with his actions being considered a crime solely because he is was technically a child and charging him as an adult facing adult time?

You don't see any ethical or moral problem with his actions being considered a crime solely because he is was technically a child and charging him as an adult facing adult time?
For me, the math is real easy on this.

He thought this out: "Give stimulus money to my friend so he can buy me a gun I know I'm not supposed to have and then inject myself into a riot under the guise of some sort of "protector" from the mobs and, if I kill anyone, I can claim self-defense."?

No, his acts were deliberate and intentional. Try him as an adult...

One has nothing to do with the other. He still broke the law being too young to legally be on possession of a gun he used to commit the adult crime of murder.

Active shooter? LOL!!! You are so full of shit, I'm surprised you have not exploded.

In fact, if you ever stop posting, that is what I will assume happened to you. YOu exploded, like a giant shit bomb.

Exactly like a giant shit bomb.
:boohoo:

Especially since a person loses their legal right to invoke self-defense when the death occurs while the defendant was in the commission of a crime, which Rittenhouse was.
Right....but just like the martian law I used as an example....it likely is not going to pass constitutional muster.
If the law is possibly illegal and in conflict with other existing laws then it has no value of creating illegality.

Back in the day there were laws about theft but not about imbezzlement. And a man stood charged with theft since there were no laws concerning imbezzlement. The man went free because part of his duties was handling the company's money.

A similar situation applies here with the government issuing hunting licenses to 16 year olds... should they now also be arrested at the time of issuance for possessing a firearm?

That's the hurdle the prosecutor has to get over. The state issued hunting licenses. He can't have it both ways for convenience. Either the state has to instantly criminalize the hunting permits or give up on prosecuting Kyle.

Then on top of this....the old rules still apply that it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

Right....but just like the martian law I used as an example....it likely is not going to pass constitutional muster.
If the law is possibly illegal and in conflict with other existing laws then it has no value of creating illegality.

Back in the day there were laws about theft but not about imbezzlement. And a man stood charged with theft since there were no laws concerning imbezzlement. The man went free because part of his duties was handling the company's money.

A similar situation applies here with the government issuing hunting licenses to 16 year olds... should they now also be arrested at the time of issuance for possessing a firearm?

That's the hurdle the prosecutor has to get over. The state issued hunting licenses. He can't have it both ways for convenience. Either the state has to instantly criminalize the hunting permits or give up on prosecuting Kyle.

Then on top of this....the old rules still apply that it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.
Uh, you have nothing to show that law is unconstitutional.

You understand that those Good Samaritan laws are limited. If you pull someone out of a burning car and in the process injure their back you are covered. If you try and perform an emergency appendectomy with no medical training you are not covered.

It is intended for lawsuits and offers limited protection from criminal charges.

Also the argument of Self Defense is flawed. We do not allow people to claim self defense while they are committing a crime. Otherwise every armed robber would swear it was self defense when they killed the clerk.

It is undeniable that Kyle was committing crimes before the shooting.

Lastly. He wasn’t a paramedic. He was a kid with a basic first aid course and delusions of heroic glory.

I'm not misunderstanding whatsoever.

If you are holding onto a baseball bat but see a smaller than you thug trying to beat up a little old lady with his fists for her purse...and you stop him using your baseball bat. Should you go to jail for your actions?

Just because a gun is involved is a side issue...it's the focus of the prosecutor's case but this is not a case of vigilantism. (Which is the prosecutor's case)

Nonsense.

I had to get a fishing license so I could be on a boat which was taking place in a deep sea fishing tournament, just to photograph the participants on that particular boat.

I have a fishing license but I own exactly no fishing equipment.

Likewise, you can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon if you don't own a gun....

Uh, you have nothing to show that law is unconstitutional.
I just did.... whether you want to recognize it or not.
And I quote "well regulated militia". That's the line right there...I'm sorry if you don't understand why those precise words matter. I've tried.

I'm not misunderstanding whatsoever.

If you are holding onto a baseball bat but see a smaller than you thug trying to beat up a little old lady with his fists for her purse...and you stop him using your baseball bat. Should you go to jail for your actions?

Just because a gun is involved is a side issue...it's the focus of the prosecutor's case but this is not a case of vigilantism. (Which is the prosecutor's case)
It wouldn't have been a crime for Rittenhouse to be in possession of a baseball bat. Not sure what your point is?

I just did.... whether you want to recognize it or not.
And I quote "well regulated militia". That's the line right there...I'm sorry if you don't understand why those precise words matter. I've tried.
He wasn't in a militia.

Next...

Nonsense.

I had to get a fishing license so I could be on a boat which was taking place in a deep sea fishing tournament, just to photograph the participants on that particular boat.

I have a fishing license but I own exactly no fishing equipment.

Likewise, you can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon if you don't own a gun....
But you could if you wanted to...that's the purpose of the permit. And that's the conflict. Kyle was permitted to have the firearm in Wisconsin. Can't permit him and criminalize him at the same time.

Forum List

Back