Roe and Casey overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Well, I thought I would look about some articles and stories on country's freedoms and liberties. The link I'll post is off Wikipedia that lists all countries against the freedom indices.

List of freedom indices - Wikipedia

The interesting part is, us in the UK are often reminded by some US citizens on how much controlled we are in the UK and how free Americans are. I took a screenshot of the UK beside the US -

Screenshot_20220623-214134.png

Any thoughts on why maybe the UK is slightly ahead of the US?

Well, I thought I would look about some articles and stories on country's freedoms and liberties. The link I'll post is off Wikipedia that lists all countries against the freedom indices.

The interesting part is, us in the UK are often reminded by some US citizens on how much controlled we are in the UK and how free Americans are. I took a screenshot of the UK beside the US -

View attachment 661419

America is a Constitutional REPUBLIC!

The US is a "Flawed Democracy"??? :laughing0301:

What kind of idiots write for Wikipedia? And why do the leftists keep crying "muh democracy!! muh democracy!!! we must protect muh democracy!!!"?

View attachment 661419

These are the judging indices used for that part of the Freedom indices published.
1656019139897.png

It a catagory system and these are the only descriptors, not taking into consideration, whether direct democracies or representative republic.
I would not be surprised it came out as flawed democracy (lacking a category of flawed representative republic). The flaw, as I see it, is typified by the 2020 election and the ongoing saga, after trump tried to overthrow the election, with support of many elected officials without proof of wrongdoing and totally against our constitution and rule of law, by attempting to block the recording of the electoral college and the peaceful transfer of power. We have the document (The US Constitution) but many elected, do not honor their oath to protect and defend it, so the representative republic sustained and led by democratically elected representatives is in peril for political gain, with no telling how long we will be governed under that document.

These are the judging indices used for that part of the Freedom indices published.
View attachment 661427
It a catagory system and these are the only descriptors, not taking into consideration, whether direct democracies or representative republic.
I would not be surprised it came out as flawed democracy (lacking a category of flawed representative republic). The flaw, as I see it, is typified by the 2020 election and the ongoing saga, after trump tried to overthrow the election, with support of many elected officials without proof of wrongdoing and totally against our constitution and rule of law, by attempting to block the recording of the electoral college and the peaceful transfer of power. We have the document (The US Constitution) but many elected, do not honor their oath to protect and defend it, so the representative republic sustained and led by democratically elected representatives is in peril for political gain, with no telling how long we will be governed under that document.
The only flawed part is, apart from yourself, no one so far has noticed the Prominent Indices section of the link. I assume people are "free" enough to read a "full" link? Well, I would have thought so.

America is a Constitutional REPUBLIC!
And many of its citizens don't understand the concept of dictionaries.

democracy noun (democracies) 1 a form of government in which the people govern themselves or elect representatives to govern them. 2 a country, state or other body with such a form of government.​
ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from French démocratie, from Greek demos people + kratos strength.​

The US is a "Flawed Democracy"???
January 27, 2017
A report by the The Economist Intelligence Unit, released today, reveals a host of unsettling statistics about the scope of democracy around the globe.
One such fact — that for the first time ever, the United States is no longer considered a “full democracy,” but rather a “flawed democracy” — stands out in particular as the US ushers in a president with an approval rating hovering around 40%.
The US designation as a “flawed democracy” is really more nominal than anything, simply meaning that the country’s Democracy Index — which is based off of five categories related to governance — has fallen below eight out of 10.

We are NOT a democracy. What a stupid picture.
What on earth are you on about. America is a democracy.

A Republic doesn't have a Monarchy, so rather than have a King or Queen as head of state, it elects a president as head of state. A direct democracy is where the people make laws and a representative democracy is where the people elect others to represent them to make laws.

Did you not know what a republic and a democracy were??

Last edited:

View attachment 661419

The UK is in no manner 'ahead' of the US - 'slightly' or otherwise.

In the UK individuals who engage in hate speech can be subject to criminal prosecution.

That’s not the case in the United States, where hate speech is entitled to First Amendment protections.

Consequently, a ‘pure’ or ‘direct’ democracy such as in the UK can jeopardize individual rights, where the people are subject to the tyranny of majority rule.

In the United States, citizens are subject to the rule of law – not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly.

In recent years, however, American governance has been co-opted and corrupted by the partisan right resulting in the tyranny of minority rule.

Consequently, the political systems of both the US and UK are equally flawed, one neither superior nor desirable to the other.

View attachment 661419

America is not a democracy it's a Republic.

The UK is in no manner 'ahead' of the US - 'slightly' or otherwise.

In the UK individuals who engage in hate speech can be subject to criminal prosecution.

That’s not the case in the United States, where hate speech is entitled to First Amendment protections.

Consequently, a ‘pure’ or ‘direct’ democracy such as in the UK can jeopardize individual rights, where the people are subject to the tyranny of majority rule.

In the United States, citizens are subject to the rule of law – not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly.

In recent years, however, American governance has been co-opted and corrupted by the partisan right resulting in the tyranny of minority rule.

Consequently, the political systems of both the US and UK are equally flawed, one neither superior nor desirable to the other.
Looking at the link, looks like the UK has it's nose slightly infront of America's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back