Roe and Casey overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.
A democracy is two wolves and one sheep debating over what's for lunch. The minority only have the rights the majority says they have.

A Democracy is two wolves and one sheep debating over what's for lunch.

A democracy a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

A Democracy is two wolves and one sheep debating over what's for lunch.

A democracy a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
Nope democracy I give it no respect just like jo brandon

A democracy as I explained is two wolves and one sheep voting over what's for lunch. A Republic is that one sheep armed defending his vote.

No matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and go 'na na na na", a republic will still be a form of democracy

No matter how much you stick your fingers in your ears and go 'na na na na", a republic will still be a form of democracy
Nope America is not a democracy never has been and never will be unless you change the US Constitution. Show me the word democracy in the Constitution? I can show you the word Republic.

Nope America is not a democracy never has been and never will be unless you change the US Constitution

Perhaps you can find a 7th grader to explain to you the many forms of democracy, of which a Republic is just one

A democracy is two wolves and one sheep debating over what's for lunch. The minority only have the rights the majority says they have.
The whole point of "rights" that they are protected from the majority. Instead of "The minority only have the rights the majority says they have", we've gone with "the minority have rights under the Constitution, regardless of what the majority says".

Perhaps you can find a 7th grader to explain to you the many forms of democracy, of which a Republic is just one
Tell me exactly where you can find the first mention of the word democracy in the Constitution? I can however, show you the word Republic

The whole point of "rights" that they are protected from the majority. Instead of "The minority only have the rights the majority says they have", we've gone with "the minority have rights under the Constitution, regardless of what the majority says".
That was the point I was trying to make. Rights are protected in a Republic.

Tell me exactly where you can find the first mention of the word democracy in the Constitution? I can however, show you the word Republic

One more time, I will type it really slowly for you...

There are many forms of democracy, of which a Republic is just one.

One more time, I will type it really slowly for you...

There are many forms of democracy, of which a Republic is just one.
Ok one more time Tell me exactly where you can find the first mention of the word democracy in the Constitution? I can however, show you the word Republic

Democracy is just a tool for making decisions as a group. The real question is - which decisions should be made as a group, and which should be left to individuals.

I know why democrats hate using the word Republic because it closely resembles the word Republican and they believe it's means Republican party. democracy on the other hand closely resembles democrat.

Ok one more time Tell me exactly where you can find the first mention of the word democracy in the Constitution? I can however, show you the word Republic

Yes, because that was the form of democracy that was chosen for our country

I know why democrats hate using the word Republic because it closely resembles the word Republican and they believe it's means Republican party. democracy on the other hand closely resembles democrat.
I suspect that for many people, on both sides, it's about as stupid as that.

What on earth are you on about. America is a democracy.

A Republic doesn't have a Monarchy, so rather than have a King or Queen as head of state, it elects a president as head of state. A direct democracy is where the people make laws and a representative democracy is where the people elect others to represent them to make laws.

Did you not know what a republic and a democracy were??
They are literally 2 different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back