Roe and Casey overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.
America is not a democracy it's a Republic.
:auiqs.jpg:

A country with a Monarchy has a King or Queen as it's head of State. A Republic has a President as it's head of State. A democracy relates to the people making laws/electing representatives to make laws, to have a vote etc..

Well, I thought I would look about some articles and stories on country's freedoms and liberties. The link I'll post is off Wikipedia that lists all countries against the freedom indices.

List of freedom indices - Wikipedia

The interesting part is, us in the UK are often reminded by some US citizens on how much controlled we are in the UK and how free Americans are. I took a screenshot of the UK beside the US -

View attachment 661419

Any thoughts on why maybe the UK is slightly ahead of the US?

Problem is the UK and US have the SAME way of electing representatives. The UK's is slightly better because there's no gerrymandering.

However, the Lib Dems and Labour got like 900 votes less than the Tories, but ended up with 150 seats less. That ain't "full democracy".

A country with a Monarchy has a King or Queen as it's head of State. A Republic has a President as it's head of State. A democracy relates to the people making laws/electing representatives to make laws, to have a vote etc..

And yet the head of state hardly matters.

The reality is that both countries have First Past The Post, which sucks, and both have reduced democracy because of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Being subject to criminal prosecution for using such a word is reckless, irresponsible government excess and overreach – a blatant violation of the right to freedom of expression, no matter how wrong or reprehensible that expression might be.
You should quit while you're behind. Someone has filled you up with flagrant propaganda.

Jul 29, 2021Freedom of expression does include the freedom to express unpopular or shocking ideas but the government can restrict this right if you encourage violence against other people or if you unlawfully discriminate against people. Unlawful discrimination is covered by Article 14 in our Human Rights Act; you can read about this right here.

You should quit while you're behind. Someone has filled you up with flagrant propaganda.

Jul 29, 2021Freedom of expression does include the freedom to express unpopular or shocking ideas but the government can restrict this right if you encourage violence against other people or if you unlawfully discriminate against people. Unlawful discrimination is covered by Article 14 in our Human Rights Act; you can read about this right here.

1656066048313.png

~S~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back