Roger Waters on Useful Idiots

Oh great. Some burned-out guitar player is here to give us political advice.

Just STFU Roger and play your guitar. You're the equivalent of the organ grinder's monkey: Put on this world for our entertainment, no more, no less.
Roger is a winner. You and trump are not.

Oh great. Some burned-out guitar player is here to give us political advice.

Just STFU Roger and play your guitar. You're the equivalent of the organ grinder's monkey: Put on this world for our entertainment, no more, no less.
Roger is a winner. You and trump are not.

Bullshit. He's a decrepit old commie dinosaur and an ex-performer that craps in his pants. He and China Joe should get together and exchange stories about shopping for Depends.

Roger Waters has always been full of himself. He destroyed the best thing he was ever part of, which was Pink Floyd. He was a dick and always fought with David Gilmour and left because he thought he was the star. Reality proved otherwise.

Roger Waters has always been full of himself. He destroyed the best thing he was ever part of, which was Pink Floyd. He was a dick and always fought with David Gilmour and left because he thought he was the star. Reality proved otherwise.
Sort of, the differences really started to manifest around the time of Animals and Wish You Were Here. Then came The Wall, the firing of Rick Wright, and the financial near ruin caused by their (mis)management and expenses of The Wall tour.

Had he fought-fought with Dave he'da got a whippin that Mick Jagger couldn't wiggle off.
2 hippies the might whip yer ass. Dave Gilmour and Bonzo....OK and Alex Lifeson

Roger is massively anti war. He must fucking hate Obama and Biden for starting 5 wars and killing 500,000 brown people.

Black Sabbath wrote a song about people like Obama and Biden called WAR PIGS.

as long as he says what you want to hear....

Actually, I've been a fan of Waters since the 1970's. Things he has to say about the human condition are kind of awesome. His lyrics on Dark Side of the Moon and especially The Wall are awesome.

Yeah, I'm the first one to tell rock stars and actors to shut up, because they are kind of dull. Waters, not so much, the man has always been brilliant.

Um. Yeah. Tell me the most awesome song that Floyd did after Waters left.

You really can't. The produced three Studio albums since getting back together in 1986, one of which was just taking outtakes of Rick Wright playing various keyboards. (I really don't know why they even did it.)

Momentary Lapse of Reason was Gilmore hiring a bunch of writers and saying, "Write something like Roger would write" and getting nowhere near the mark. Division Bell was a little better, but nowhere near as great as their classics of the 70's.

Meanwhile, Waters did three Solo Albums, which are pretty darned good. He also did an opera about the French Revolution, not sure what he was thinking there.

Sort of, the differences really started to manifest around the time of Animals and Wish You Were Here. Then came The Wall, the firing of Rick Wright, and the financial near ruin caused by their (mis)management and expenses of The Wall tour.

Actually, it was more along the lines of differences in vision. Prior to Dark Side, they kind of equally divided songwriting duties, which is why you have some albums that are pretty uneven, such as Meddle and Atom Heart Mother. Waters took over Lyric Writing on Dark Side and afterwards, and the difference showed.

The real split came with The Final Cut (an album that is highly under-rated. It was an indictment of war and politics of the time. Gilmour just wanted to do pop albums and make money.

Unlike everyone in this thread, I have actually worked with Mr. Rogers and have a working friendship with him. I've worked with him many times through the years. I worked with his son once.

Mr. Rogers is Pink Floyd. Once he left the band it stopped being Pink Floyd. It became fake Pink Floyd. I even saw them perform once in the 80s in Los Angeles. It was pathetic. They tried to be Pink Floyd but it was just sad. They couldn't even get the sax solo on Money right.

Where as a Roger Waters show is a Pink Floyd Show.

Mr. Rogers actually knows what he is talking about mostly because it's coming from actual experience. He spent time in a war torn nation, Kosovo. He got to know people who were affected by the war. He wrote songs about it. He has lived and seen the aftermath of war. He writes songs about it.

His beliefs come from honest convictions he has about our world and I respect him for it.

He is a very nice man who loves to be playful on stage with me. To make me laugh etc. We have a couple inside personal jokes that he will do on stage that will crack me up. He will give me his sly grin when he sees me laugh.

He's the real thing. He lives what he says. He walks the walk. Not just talks the talk.

That's on top of making some of the best music ever recorded.

Unlike everyone in this thread, I have actually worked with Mr. Rogers and have a working friendship with him. I've worked with him many times through the years. I worked with his son once.

Mr. Rogers is Pink Floyd. Once he left the band it stopped being Pink Floyd. It became fake Pink Floyd. I even saw them perform once in the 80s in Los Angeles. It was pathetic. They tried to be Pink Floyd but it was just sad. They couldn't even get the sax solo on Money right.

Where as a Roger Waters show is a Pink Floyd Show.

Mr. Rogers actually knows what he is talking about mostly because it's coming from actual experience. He spent time in a war torn nation, Kosovo. He got to know people who were affected by the war. He wrote songs about it. He has lived and seen the aftermath of war. He writes songs about it.

His beliefs come from honest convictions he has about our world and I respect him for it.

He is a very nice man who loves to be playful on stage with me. To make me laugh etc. We have a couple inside personal jokes that he will do on stage that will crack me up. He will give me his sly grin when he sees me laugh.

He's the real thing. He lives what he says. He walks the walk. Not just talks the talk.

That's on top of making some of the best music ever recorded.

Thank you for that. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Waters personally, although I have gone to a few of his concerts. (The best was the Wall Concert at Wrigley Field in 2012).

Roger Waters has always been an anti-war advocate, and it comes from a genuine place, having lost his father in World War II.

I also went to the Pink Floyd Division Bell concert in 1994 at Soldier's Field. Not as impressive, the first part of the concert was playing their "new" (post-Waters) material. The audience kind of politely listened. Then they went with their classic stuff from Wish You Were Here, the Wall and Dark Side, and the Audience went wild.

Also, every Floyd/Waters concert I've gone to, there's always that one idiot in the audience who drops acid and starts flipping out a few seats away from you. Good times.

Um. Yeah. Tell me the most awesome song that Floyd did after Waters left.

You really can't. The produced three Studio albums since getting back together in 1986, one of which was just taking outtakes of Rick Wright playing various keyboards. (I really don't know why they even did it.)

Momentary Lapse of Reason was Gilmore hiring a bunch of writers and saying, "Write something like Roger would write" and getting nowhere near the mark. Division Bell was a little better, but nowhere near as great as their classics of the 70's.

Meanwhile, Waters did three Solo Albums, which are pretty darned good. He also did an opera about the French Revolution, not sure what he was thinking there.

Actually, it was more along the lines of differences in vision. Prior to Dark Side, they kind of equally divided songwriting duties, which is why you have some albums that are pretty uneven, such as Meddle and Atom Heart Mother. Waters took over Lyric Writing on Dark Side and afterwards, and the difference showed.

The real split came with The Final Cut (an album that is highly under-rated. It was an indictment of war and politics of the time. Gilmour just wanted to do pop albums and make money.
Waters’ album ‘Amused to Death’ is hands down the best that any Floyd member released

Forum List

Back