Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Home construction, sales showing some strength - Sep. 19, 2012

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012

I thought cash for clunkers was the best numbers for auto sales?
‘Cash for clunkers’ boosts auto sales in July
‘Cash for clunkers’ boosts auto sales in July - Business - Autos | NBC News

But wait here we go
'Cash for Clunkers' Already a Flop | NBC New York

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11%. The results of President Obama's failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Romney: 'This Is Not What A Real Recovery Looks Like' | TPM LiveWire

I think you need a new calculator. You by any chance related to the Captain of the Titanic?

I will vote you obama, cause I can not vote for a flip flopper(rememeber that bush argument) and also I do not support a nazi state.

Also you're a liberal Democrat who would vote for anyone with a "D" behind their name...

I'm wondering if they are old enough to vote, sheesh

You know right off the bat anyone who says they are voting for Obama because they can't vote for a "flip flopper" belongs in a home for "special" people...

All this jobs report was intended to do was stop everyone from talking about how Obama got clobbered.

Riiiiight. It's all a conspiracy.

All these bureaucrats decided - in a report they've been working on for a month, to suddenly fudge the numbers to make Obama look better.

The BLS numbers are there. All Republicans need to do is have them independently evaluated

Do you think they will do that?

All this jobs report was intended to do was stop everyone from talking about how Obama got clobbered.

Riiiiight. It's all a conspiracy.

All these bureaucrats decided - in a report they've been working on for a month, to suddenly fudge the numbers to make Obama look better.

The BLS numbers are there. All Republicans need to do is have them independently evaluated

Do you think they will do that?

Validating misleading numbers would solve what exactly?

When the polls from I think it was June to August came out in favor of Romney I didn't see conspiracy that the polls are skewed towards Romney. Of course the GOP is off about it since its not their way. They said the same thing about voting polls favoring Obama, they said they were lies. But now it's in favor of Romney a bit it's all obviously accurate. And I love the tweet by Jack Welsh the former CEO of GE talks about how the unemployment statistics are cooked. Yet his company was fined 50 million for cooking numbers. It's all conspiracy by the GOP

When the polls from I think it was June to August came out in favor of Romney I didn't see conspiracy that the polls are skewed towards Romney

Well where were you, Antarctica? Actually critical thinkers have been pointing out that not counting discouraged and underemployed workers all along.

When the polls from I think it was June to August came out in favor of Romney I didn't see conspiracy that the polls are skewed towards Romney

Well where were you, Antarctica? Actually critical thinkers have been pointing out that not counting discouraged and underemployed workers all along.

When the unemployment numbers were favoring Romney. I didn't see Democrats or Liberals trash them as Pro Romney skewed numbers.

When the polls from I think it was June to August came out in favor of Romney I didn't see conspiracy that the polls are skewed towards Romney. Of course the GOP is off about it since its not their way. They said the same thing about voting polls favoring Obama, they said they were lies. But now it's in favor of Romney a bit it's all obviously accurate. And I love the tweet by Jack Welsh the former CEO of GE talks about how the unemployment statistics are cooked. Yet his company was fined 50 million for cooking numbers. It's all conspiracy by the GOP

It doesn't mean the polls are now accurate when they weren't before. The polls are still skewed to democrats, but the disparity is now so large the pollsters can't fiddle with the numbers enough to put obama ahead as far as they wanted to.

The logistics for the UE number dropping doesn't add up. 114,000 jobs were added, the GDP was lowered to 1.3. Last month's figures were revised from 113,000 new jobs to 86,000 new jobs. All expectations was that the jobs report would add 115,000 jobs. When it turned out to be less, economists expected that the UE rate would tick up to 8.2 from 8.1. A drop of three points to 7.8 is impossible with the known figures. In order for the 7.8 figure to be true, over 800,000 jobs would have had to be created. We know that didn't happen.

It doesn't mean the polls are now accurate when they weren't before. The polls are still skewed to democrats, but the disparity is now so large the pollsters can't fiddle with the numbers enough to put obama ahead as far as they wanted to.

The logistics for the UE number dropping doesn't add up. 114,000 jobs were added, the GDP was lowered to 1.3. Last month's figures were revised from 113,000 new jobs to 86,000 new jobs. All expectations was that the jobs report would add 115,000 jobs. When it turned out to be less, economists expected that the UE rate would tick up to 8.2 from 8.1. A drop of three points to 7.8 is impossible with the known figures. In order for the 7.8 figure to be true, over 800,000 jobs would have had to be created. We know that didn't happen.

It's not skewed towards democrats. That's a conspiracy. A month ago it wasn't skewed towards the Dem's when the number was worse.

When the unemployment numbers were favoring Romney. I didn't see Democrats or Liberals trash them as Pro Romney skewed numbers.

OK, I'm not sure what conclusion you're drawing from that. The real number was worse then the reported number then too, how are Democrats going to argue that?

OK, I'm not sure what conclusion you're drawing from that. The real number was worse then the reported number then too, how are Democrats going to argue that?

The June - August numbers?

Obamination is going to screw up when he brags about this bogus rate during a debate because Romney will point out how they don't count the millions that no longer look for a job.

Every person with a brain sees right through this shit.

Forum List

Back