Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

7.8%

Prove it is wrong

It doesn't count people who quit looking for jobs, people who aren't even trying and people who want full time jobs and are working part time.

Liberals love this argument though, don't you? You argue whether 7.8% is accurate which prevents you from having to defend how badly the number sucks, even without all the people it doesn't count.

If you actually cared about unemployed people, the first three things you would do are to eliminate the minimum wage, cut taxes on investors and remove the tax on repatriating corporate income earned overseas. You could give a crap about the unemployed, you care about yourself. Liberalism is the ultimate selfish ideology.

Last edited:
Republicans are so ecstatic that Americans are getting back to work. :)

Democratic policies keep people unemployed even in a good economy. I gave three great examples, the minimum wage, high investor taxes and taxes on repatriation of money invested overseas. You don't live in a glass house, you have no walls at all. Democrats in the name of helping the poor unendingly create them.

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Home construction, sales showing some strength - Sep. 19, 2012

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012

Which Obama program made this all possible?

I'm waiting......:eusa_whistle:

So Obama in your opinion is blameless for anything bad that's happened in the last 3 1/2 years?

That doesn't seem to be supported by either your posting history nor by your rightwing pals around here.

Already answered that question, read my responses.

You're saying the unemployment number is a lot worse than reported? Prove that

I'm not backing up a point that you won't even acknowledge much less address. I said why the reported number is low even if it's "accurate." Address it first rather then playing games.

I'm not doing your work for ya bud, the August unemployment numbers you say we're a lot worse than please show us. Give a credible link.

Already answered that question, read my responses.

I'm not backing up a point that you won't even acknowledge much less address. I said why the reported number is low even if it's "accurate." Address it first rather then playing games.

So what you're really saying is that Obama inherited an unemployment situation that was much worse than the official UE number indicated.

7.8%

Prove it is wrong

It doesn't count people who quit looking for jobs, people who aren't even trying and people who want full time jobs and are working part time.

Liberals love this argument though, don't you? You argue whether 7.8% is accurate which prevents you from having to defend how badly the number sucks, even without all the people it doesn't count.

If you actually cared about unemployed people, the first three things you would do are to eliminate the minimum wage, cut taxes on investors and remove the tax on repatriating corporate income earned overseas. You could give a crap about the unemployed, you care about yourself. Liberalism is the ultimate selfish ideology.

It follows the formula for computing unemployment. To prove it wrong, show where they have deviated from the unemployment algorithm.

Republicans are free to have an independent assessment of this months unemployment number. Where is it

As to your suggestions.....absolute worst things we could do
But it Would make the one percent very happy

Republicans are so ecstatic that Americans are getting back to work. :)

Democratic policies keep people unemployed even in a good economy. I gave three great examples, the minimum wage, high investor taxes and taxes on repatriation of money invested overseas. You don't live in a glass house, you have no walls at all. Democrats in the name of helping the poor unendingly create them.

So we could get lots of jobs back from places like China if we could match their wages, i.e., 50 cents an hour?

Is that really the kind of country you want America to become?

Why, for God's sake?

So what you're really saying is that Obama inherited an unemployment situation that was much worse than the official UE number indicated.

Maybe if they hold their breath their world view would eventually meet with reality.

7.8%

Prove it is wrong

165 Million As State Dependents

and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.

Art Cashin On The New Normal's New Populism: 165 Million As State Dependents? | ZeroHedge

What does that have to do with 7.8%???

Try to keep up
If unemployment is going down why is government dependency going up?

100,000 jobs created. 800,000 more people employed.

Please explain that.

Seriously.

Here is the explanation Amelia:
7240401_f260.jpg

Forum List

Back