Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

430504_10151293174922049_149106347_n.jpg

That's funny.....
Like we're going to panic because of a small drop like this, when we know it's going to be adjusted and right back up there JUST BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

No...we're not worried dear. But if it makes you feel better...just keep think it :)

Oh it's not a "small" drop.

Big picture is that it is a huge drop. Unemployment was at 10% in October of 2009. That's before the stimulus was implemented and Obama's policies took effect.

His numbers..in this regard..are better then George W. Bush's.

The unemployment rate when Obama took over was 7.8% and now it's 7.8%.......

Wow.....that's progress.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and last month after you were bombarded with proof that you were wrong you melted away from the thread.
Bullshit

I alone must have given you 8-10 links, a few to the BLS itself. I explained it and you persisted for awhile and disappeared.:cool:
Typical CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood revisionist history. It was YOU who ran away from the thread you started with your tail between your legs at least 4 days before I stopped posting and the thread died.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/245268-employment-report.html

As for Jack Welch, he probably knows something about manipulating the numbers.

Of all the people who have something to say about the BLS, none is more unintentionally ironic than former GE CEO Jack Welch. ...

GE’s revenues grew 385% under his watch, but the company’s market cap grew 4000%. How did that happen? GE increased earnings over the years, and with stunning regularity, managed a quarterly [earnings estimate] beat.

Indeed, it was too regular: After the 2000 crash, we learned of earnings manipulation and accounting shenanigans. The criticism was GE Capital acted as an opaque leveraged hedge fund that always be counted on to help GE beat by a penny. (GE eventually had to settle accounting fraud charges with the SEC).

So if anyone knows a thing or two about cooking the books, its GE’s Jack Welch.

GE’s Jack Welch Knows About Cooking the Books | The Big Picture

America has added 5 million private sector jobs since the stimulus.

Here’s what Bush left us with.....

Aug 2008 - 334,000 net JOBS LOST
Sep 2008 - 458,000 net JOBS LOST
Oct 2008 - 554,000 net JOBS LOST
Nov 2008 - 728,000 net JOBS LOST
Dec 2008 - 673,000 net JOBS LOST
Jan 2009 - 779,000 net JOBS LOST
Shit for brains

Umemployment has dropped from 10.2% to 7.8%
The stock market has doubled since the stimulus.
5 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $10 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up.
Bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive.
Obama has done a very good job.
“We Are All Osama”
data-300x200.jpg

I wonder if the family of Chris Stevens would agree with you?
Warning Graphic Image
http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ambassador-benghazi-e1347457743251.jpg

5 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
42 striaght months of 8% or higher unemployment, oh wait if not for thew election it would still be higher than 8%

AAA credit down graded twice.

Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up.
Frieghtliner shutting doors moving to Mexico
GM building new plants in Mexico and China moving jobs to those places.

Americans net worth is up $10 trillion dollars since 2009.
People are paid less than what they made in 2009

Debt Jumped $1.2759T in FY 2012; Up $10,855 Per Household in Just 12 Months; Beats 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
They are panicking because no incumbent has retained the office with unemployment over 8%.
Now that it's lower, the incumbent is within the trend of re-electino with unemployment under 8%
7.8% is also lower than it was when Bush was in Office 2008 with the unemployment rate was 8.2%
It's only going to go lower with 250,000 Christmas and Holiday jobs added to the numbers.

I'm not panicking. I'm surprised things have turned out this well.

To think that the headline Friday was going to be that Romney wants to kill Big Bird. Then they hear this jobs report and most of them said at first that they didn't believe it. Seems the word hadn't gotten out to them yet, but they soon all got in line.

The point here is nobody trusts Obama and nobody trusts the media.

Most of Bush's 2 terms unemployment was between 4-6 %.

7.8% is terrible, even if it were honestly arrived at, which is highly doubtful. It's Jimmy Carter numbers.

The only difference is Obama has been allowed to make everyone feel better about being out of work.

I'm sorry folks. Obama's media isn't going to be able to provide cover for his terrible performance Thursday.

Last edited:
That's funny.....
Like we're going to panic because of a small drop like this, when we know it's going to be adjusted and right back up there JUST BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

No...we're not worried dear. But if it makes you feel better...just keep think it :)

Oh it's not a "small" drop.

Big picture is that it is a huge drop. Unemployment was at 10% in October of 2009. That's before the stimulus was implemented and Obama's policies took effect.

His numbers..in this regard..are better then George W. Bush's.

100,000 jobs created. 800,000 more people employed.

Please explain that.

Seriously.

There are two different measures those numbers come from. There is the Household Survey and the Business survey. Both are samples. They don't call every household or every business.

Now, we do have a problem beyond either Bush or Obama, and that is the whole emphasis of business today is to reduce labor costs.

The office/plant I work for has gone from 300 people to 160 since 2008. My department has gone from 10 people to 4 1/2. (We share a person with another department).

Because of anything Obama did or didn't do? Nope. They moved some jobs overseas, found efficiences, improved processes and generally found ways to do more with less. Good for them in the short term in that we became more efficient, but on a macro-economic thing, if everyone does it, sales go down because people don't have as much spending money.

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11%. The results of President Obama's failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Romney: 'This Is Not What A Real Recovery Looks Like' | TPM LiveWire
"Today’s employment report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows 114,000 new jobs in September and a drop in the rate of unemployment from 8.1% to 7.8%. As 114,000 new jobs are not sufficient to stay even with population growth, the drop in the unemployment rate is the result of not counting discouraged workers who are defined away as 'not in the labor force.'

"According to the BLS, 'In September, 2.5 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force.' These individuals 'wanted and were available for work,' but 'they were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey.'”

"In other words, 2.5 million unemployed Americans were not counted as unemployed.

"The stock market rose on the faux good news..."

Some of this is reasonably simple.
For generations the US Investor needed the US Middle Class to produce goods and buy products.
That is no longer the case.
US investors have a much larger middle class rising in China, India, and Brazil.
US investors (~the richest 10% of voters) fund the campaigns of Republicans AND Democrats.

As long as you continue "choosing" between Republican OR Democrat, the rich will continue to win.

The Bad News in the New Jobs Report » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

They are panicking because no incumbent has retained the office with unemployment over 8%.
Now that it's lower, the incumbent is within the trend of re-electino with unemployment under 8%
7.8% is also lower than it was when Bush was in Office 2008 with the unemployment rate was 8.2%
It's only going to go lower with 250,000 Christmas and Holiday jobs added to the numbers.

I'm not panicking. I'm surprised things have turned out this well.

To think that the headline Friday was going to be that Romney wants to kill Big Bird. Then they hear this jobs report and most of them said at first that they didn't believe it. Seems the word hadn't gotten out to them yet, but they soon all got in line.

The point here is nobody trusts Obama and nobody trusts the media.

Most of Bush's 2 terms unemployment was between 4-6 %.

7.8% is terrible, even if it were honestly arrived at, which is highly doubtful. It's Jimmy Carter numbers.

The only difference is Obama has been allowed to make everyone feel better about being out of work.

I'm sorry folks. Obama's media isn't going to be able to provide cover for his terrible performance Thursday.
That was according to what the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood says are cooked BLS numbers. The REAL uncooked UE rate was between 25% and 30%. :badgrin:

I really doubt that the GOP is in a panic because the employment picture is starting to look up.

They don't like it, they will attempt to convince people the numbers are wrong, but they're greatest concern right now is the fact that Mitt has conducted a truly bad campaign.

They're going to need one hell of an October surprise to pull Mitts class warfare chestnuts out of the fire.

It could happen though. Politically speaking its still a long way to Nov 7.

"According to the BLS, 'In September, 2.5 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force.' These individuals 'wanted and were available for work,' but 'they were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding the survey.'”

"In other words, 2.5 million unemployed Americans were not counted as unemployed.
1.7 million of whom were not willing to work even if a job was offered.

Table A-16. Persons not in the labor force and multiple jobholders by sex, not seasonally adjusted

Other persons marginally attached to the labor force (3): 1,715,000

(3) Includes those who did not actively look for work in the prior 4 weeks for such reasons as school or family responsibilities, ill health, and transportation problems, as well as a number for whom reason for nonparticipation was not determined.

Last edited:
I really doubt that the GOP is in a panic because the employment picture is starting to look up.

They don't like it, they will attempt to convince people the numbers are wrong, but they're greatest concern right now is the fact that Mitt has conducted a truly bad campaign.

They're going to need one hell of an October surprise to pull Mitts class warfare chestnuts out of the fire.

It could happen though. Politically speaking its still a long way to Nov 7.

Actually we like the fact that people are feeling positive.....knowing that Obama is going to be gone in a few months.

Fact is nobody can name the jobs program that Obama used to decrease unemployment. That's the sticking point. Nobody can name it.

I figured that when the GOP won the House things would automatically improve, because it would put a stop to much of Obama's bull shit. He's just not helping the situation with his lawsuits and his regulations. His Administration is doing everything they can to screw things up and using the media to provide cover for them.

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Home construction, sales showing some strength - Sep. 19, 2012

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012

Housing starts up 29%

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. housing industry -- crucial to any jobs recovery -- showed more signs of strength, according to two reports issued Wednesday. The Census Bureau said housing starts and permits rose substantially in August. Separately, sales of previously occupied homes climbed 7.8% from a year ago, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Builders started on new homes at an annual rate of 750,000, up 29.1% compared with a year earlier. They applied to build another 803,000 new homes on an annual basis, a 24.5% jump compared with August 2011.

Car sales up 13%

NEW YORK (CNMoney) -- U.S. car buyers flooded showrooms in September, sending auto sales to their highest level in more than four years. Overall sales were were up 13% from a year ago, according to sales tracker Autodata, which put the pace of sales at an annual rate of just under 15 million vehicles.

Home construction, sales showing some strength - Sep. 19, 2012

Best car sales since early '08 - Oct. 2, 2012

Which Obama program made this all possible?

I'm waiting......:eusa_whistle:

I will vote you obama, cause I can not vote for a flip flopper(rememeber that bush argument) and also I do not support a nazi state.

Also you're a liberal Democrat who would vote for anyone with a "D" behind their name...

Forum List

Back