Romney and GOP in Panic After Unemployment drops to 7.8%

Actually, Clinton left office and the country actually had a surplus.

How is that a "recession"?

LMAO.....it was a "projected" surplus...and your ignorance of the recession isn't my problem.

President Bush sure called it a surplus

There was a brief slow down in government spending, but had they returned that 'surplus' to the raided Social Security and Medicare trust funds, there would have been no surplus, but just less deficit spending. The debt clock kept right on running. Both Republicans and Democrats have been consistently dishonest in what the true economics are.

When we are in a true surplus situation, the social securityand medicare trust funds will have been replenished, the government won't be touching those for anything other than what they were collected for, and the debt clock will stop. And slowly but surely, we will see the National Debt start to come down.

Unfortunately, when their bosses can make or break their careers, government employees will most often do what their bosses order them to do; produce the figures they are ordered to produce; make the presentation they are ordered to present. And how do I know that? 1) by working for government a long time ago and 2) from the testimony of those I know who are working in government now, and 3) it isn't a whole lot different in the private sector.

While that is a good point, if someone were to come out about it, their career would be made by the person taking over their bosses office on Nov 6th.

The bureaucracy in this case is less transient than the "boss". Most of them have already been around for at least 3 administrations.

And they are around because they don't make waves for their bosses. Capice?

And the word gets out all the time, but the current Administration enjoys a mostly surrogate media that runs interference for them and makes sure nothing is much of a scandal that most people ever see. Those of us who do know about it get it from the politically incorrect sources like talk radio, Fox News, and some of the better researched websites. The rest of the MSM eventually reports it, but always where most people won't see it.
So then we can assume the BLS cooked Bush's numbers also. Real UE under Bush was 25%. Willard says real UE is now 11% so Obama has cut the real UE of Bush in half.
:eusa_whistle:

Boy, three republicans just ran down our street screaming "OMG, the world is ending....".

Yes, we are in a panic.

Oh, wait that was a couple of nights ago.....after the debate.

That's funny.....
Like we're going to panic because of a small drop like this, when we know it's going to be adjusted and right back up there JUST BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

No...we're not worried dear. But if it makes you feel better...just keep think it :)

Republicans don't panic at job creation. We desperately want that. What we don't want is people pretending that there are more jobs when there aren't. I would love to see enough jobs created that every able-bodied person in the country could have one. Even during times when jobs were plentiful, not enough people wanted to work. And all too many settled for menial jobs, which qualified them for all kinds of aid. When they do that, they end up living as well as those with the higher paying jobs, so there is zero incentive to change anything about themselves.

I just don't like being lied to. Even if the true unemployment rate was 7.8%, that is still incredibly bad!!! And it took 4 years to get from awful to a little less awful. Bush was raked over the coals for UE numbers under 5% and Pelosi had a meltdown over that. A few years ago, she hinted that 10% might be the new norm. By raising the "norm", they can claim things are going fine. It's like the high prices of gasoline. Get people used to a really outrageous amount, then you can convince them that slightly lower numbers are really good.

I'm so tired of these tactics. Obama is not running on his record. He is running on the myths that have been created with the help of a liberal media. He is still making the same campaign promises he made 4 years ago. Enough already.

I don't think Romney is the greatest gift to this country, but at least the core principles are more in line with our constitution. No transforming the country, just making it work as intended. That is all many of us want.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 32 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

That's funny.....
Like we're going to panic because of a small drop like this, when we know it's going to be adjusted and right back up there JUST BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

No...we're not worried dear. But if it makes you feel better...just keep think it :)

Republicans don't panic at job creation. We desperately want that. What we don't want is people pretending that there are more jobs when there aren't. I would love to see enough jobs created that every able-bodied person in the country could have one. Even during times when jobs were plentiful, not enough people wanted to work. And all too many settled for menial jobs, which qualified them for all kinds of aid. When they do that, they end up living as well as those with the higher paying jobs, so there is zero incentive to change anything about themselves.

I just don't like being lied to. Even if the true unemployment rate was 7.8%, that is still incredibly bad!!! And it took 4 years to get from awful to a little less awful. Bush was raked over the coals for UE numbers under 5% and Pelosi had a meltdown over that. A few years ago, she hinted that 10% might be the new norm. By raising the "norm", they can claim things are going fine. It's like the high prices of gasoline. Get people used to a really outrageous amount, then you can convince them that slightly lower numbers are really good.

I'm so tired of these tactics. Obama is not running on his record. He is running on the myths that have been created with the help of a liberal media. He is still making the same campaign promises he made 4 years ago. Enough already.

I don't think Romney is the greatest gift to this country, but at least the core principles are more in line with our constitution. No transforming the country, just making it work as intended. That is all many of us want.

The business community will explode on his election.

If Oblather gets term 2.....they head overseas to wait.

“This is not what a real recovery looks like. We created fewer jobs in September than in August, and fewer jobs in August than in July, and we’ve lost over 600,000 manufacturing jobs since President Obama took office. If not for all the people who have simply dropped out of the labor force, the real unemployment rate would be closer to 11%. The results of President Obama's failed policies are staggering – 23 million Americans struggling for work, nearly one in six living in poverty and 47 million people dependent on food stamps to feed themselves and their families. The choice in this election is clear. Under President Obama, we’ll get another four years like the last four years. If I’m elected, we will have a real recovery with pro-growth policies that will create 12 million new jobs and rising incomes for everyone.”

Romney: 'This Is Not What A Real Recovery Looks Like' | TPM LiveWire

Panic is denying the truth
The numbers are cooked and you're a foolish person if you're surprised to see they haven't dropped this close to the election.

Obama-Off-A-Cliff.jpg

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 32 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

George Bush inherited a bubble economy on the verge of collapse.

Republicans entire narrative is false.

It's really pathetic.

Your repeated bullshit is false and quite pathetic.

Since 1961...

Republican job growth - 24 million jobs in 28 years.

Democrats - 42 million jobs in 24 years.

Since 1961...

Chris is a good example of what smoking crack for an extended period of time will do yoo your brain
Kids it ain't worth it.

Since 1961...

Chris is a good example of what smoking crack for an extended period of time will do yoo your brain
Kids it ain't worth it.

When people answer facts with personal insults, I know I have won the argument.

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

Since 1961...

Kids it ain't worth it.

When people answer facts with personal insults, I know I have won the argument.

Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

There is no other explanation as too way you post the shit you post. Smoking crack has to be the reason.

Forum List

Back