Romney blames both Biden and Trump for crisis in Afghanistan, says the Afghan war should continue, & that Americans should welcome Afghan refugees!

Saudi Arabia is a backward ass hellhole. You must have missed where I said stop this shit at the source, and that is the money. Not only were the 9/11 bombers overwhelmingly Saudi, their financing came from Saudi Arabia. Those madrasas I suggested we bomb, again, the majority of their financing comes from Saudi Arabia. I mean the country is a monarchy, the very type of government we rebelled from. And that monarchy treats their people like total shit. Worried about out how the Taliban treat women, what about Saudi Arabia. And what about the way they treat Shiites?

And I told you the targets to bomb. The oil fields. Destroy their oil infrastructure and they will be left eating camel shit. We don't need their oil. To be blunt, I would rather buy oil from Iran than Saudi Arabia. And I am sorry, but perhaps personal experience has tainted my perception. But every Sunni I have ever known was a total asshat. Shias, on the other hand, have been among the finest people I have ever known. And my experience is rather extensive. My college roommate was a classmate of Osama Bin Laden.
so we go to war with Saudi Arabia???????!!!!!!!!!??????

Of course the withdrawal was bad. Trumps decisions weren't great either, but does this guy realize there ere ZERO U.S casualties during Trumps last 18 months?

Now, the idea of withdrawal was overwhelmingly popular with Americans. Clearly the withdrawal went poorly, but it almost certainly wouldn't have gone with way under Trump. Having 2,500 there having th same impact as 15,000 was a good scenario. Trump himself warned in 2017 against a full withdrawal due to the advice he received.

Was America inevitably going to leave? Unless you created a legitimate East/West scenario, than yes. 20 Years and $2T later while China agressively ate into U.S influence, what else would Americans expect?
To believe things would have been better under Trump is delusional. The Taliban played Trump and Pompeo like a damn fiddle. Biden was the better alternative, the mistake was trusting the Taliban to handle terrorists. The proof of that ignorance can be seen in the Taliban now condemning the US for attacking ISIS-K, wtf? If I was in charge I would have already pulled every single troop out of the country and made it perfectly clear, the first terrorist attack on US citizens I would make Mecca glow in the dark for the next two hundred years.

Romney is a Neo Con Never Trumper, never met a war he did not like
"Never Trumper" I'm down with. Romney is trying to position himself as the "adult in the room" of the Republican party. I applaud the effort, but he ain't it. As you point out, he's a neo-con. He signed the original version of ACA in Massachusetts. I don't trust him.

Trump was pushing for full withdrawal by Christmas before he left office. He was tweeting about it. How is a 2017 comment relevant?!

Because he could be persuaded on certain issues. he proved it by leaving 2,5000 troops there. Ultimately after 20 years and $2T and many lives later if the situation hadn't improved, who is supposed to believe it is a worthwhile cause? Unless you go direct to the American people and advise the world accordingly. No one had the balls.

Maybe Trump still would have completely left, it's what Americans wanted. However, even if he did, he would have been more efficient and wise about it. Really is there any way this withdrawal could have gone worse?

At lest the Old Establishment who haven't been right abut much for 30 years can say "I told you so". How about explaining to the American people why a similar situation to East/West Berlin or North/South Korea was necessary. Even with 2,5000 troops, most Americans would have understood. Would that have helped after 20 years of sacrifice? I bet it would have.

Instead, it seems the old "we support the status Quo" was the downfall, just as it will be in NOT being vocal and definitive about Taiwan, or Hong Kong, or the Winter Olympics coming up in Beijing...

Because he could be persuaded on certain issues. he proved it by leaving 2,5000 troops there. Ultimately after 20 years and $2T and many lives later if the situation hadn't improved, who is supposed to believe it is a worthwhile cause? Unless you go direct to the American people and advise the world accordingly. No one had the balls.

Maybe Trump still would have completely left, it's what Americans wanted. However, even if he did, he would have been more efficient and wise about it. Really is there any way this withdrawal could have gone worse?

At lest the Old Establishment who haven't been right abut much for 30 years can say "I told you so". How about explaining to the American people why a similar situation to East/West Berlin or North/South Korea was necessary. Even with 2,5000 troops, most Americans would have understood. Would that have helped after 20 years of sacrifice? I bet it would have.

Instead, it seems the old "we support the status Quo" was the downfall, just as it will be in NOT being vocal and definitive about Taiwan, or Hong Kong, or the Winter Olympics coming up in Beijing...
I don’t think there is a clean way to withdraw. The Taliban planned to take over as soon as they heard we were leaving. Game over. Nothing is good or safe about the Taliban running Afghanistan. Nothing

I don’t think there is a clean way to withdraw. The Taliban planned to take over as soon as they heard we were leaving. Game over. Nothing is good or safe about the Taliban running Afghanistan. Nothing

Blame the 20 years prior and all who stuffed their pockets. Trump was right about allies who were "friends" only because the U.S funded them so well and was in effect, taken advantage of.

It appears some other friends in Afghanistan weren't to eager to fight either and/or Russian/Iranian/Chinese/Pakistani intel was far superior to the West and they bribed who they needed to.

Blame the 20 years prior and all who stuffed their pockets. Trump was right about allies who were "friends" only because the U.S funded them so well and was in effect, taken advantage of.

It appears some other friends in Afghanistan weren't to eager to fight either and/or Russian/Iranian/Chinese/Pakistani intel was far superior to the West and they bribed who they needed to.
I blame many who have contributed over the past 20 years. But the three who are directly responsible for the Taliban owning Afghanistan are Trump, Biden and Saleh

you can be a quitter, or an American president, but you can't be both

Biden cut and run, that's unbecoming of his office. RESIGN NOW!

Romney can't resist an opportunity to show everyone how stupid he is. :iagree:
He actually thinks this will help him win the favor of the media.

AR-160229592.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
I commend those in uniform that served over there. I just think the way this thing ended is a horrible mistake. Trump and Biden screwed us. We could have kept that government together with a minimal presence over there. Announcing that we are leaving is what activated the Taliban, and then once we reduced our forces they took over. Now the situation is fucked for decades. Complete disaster
Biden screwed the world , you fools that voted for him must be proud.

You speak some truth but it is undeniable biden announcing an unconditional with-drawal sparked the big mess.

Un-forgiveable and he is being held accountable and justifiably so.

You speak some truth but it is undeniable biden announcing an unconditional with-drawal sparked the big mess.

Un-forgiveable and he is being held accountable and justifiably so.
You're right Joe is being scrutinized for this as he should be, he is the president. I'd argue that Trump announcing the full withdraw even with conditions, releasing fighters, and bringing home a majority of our troops also contributed to mobilizing the Taliban... But he isn't president anymore so no need to waste too much time on him. If he runs again he should definitely be held to account.

you can be a quitter, or an American president, but you can't be both

Biden cut and run, that's unbecoming of his office. RESIGN NOW!

I agree we should have stayed and at least maintained the status quo.

Yet...if we were destined to withdraw...it shoud have been done in a orderly and logical manner.

We should have taken control of Kabul and then evacuated all All American private citizens followed by the afghanis who fought with us and helped us.

Then and only then withdrew our combat forces.

Forum List

Back