🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney Considering Another Run

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Romney Tells Donors He s Mulling a Presidential Bid - Bloomberg Politics

It is his time. He will make it. I prefer him over Jeb, should I have to make the choice.

th

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Of course it's a bad idea. He couldn't even unseat a bad President like Obama. Obama! The Dems would have to go with Al Gore in order for Romney to have a chance to win. Maybe.
Defeating an incumbent is tough. Defeating the charismatic President Obama as the country arguably leans left, that is a very difficult thing to do. Hillary couldn't beat Pres. Obama either

Romney certainly made major mistakes. The 47% comment really added to the negative caricature of him. Was the 47% comment really his mistake though? That was a leaked recording of a private donation meeting. Who speaks 24/7 as is if everything they are saying is on the record? Is anyone really naive enough to think Democratic politicians never make insensitive remarks behind closed doors?

I know terms like moderate or center-right describe Romney better than staunch conservative so he may not be the most exciting candidate for many GOP voters to get behind, but this new development is tantalizing to say the least

Last edited:
The only poll that counts will be in November 2016. a lot can and will happen between now and then. I think I'm going to have some popcorn.

If Romney runs and becomes the GOP's presidential candidate for 2016 I will withdraw all my objections to the possibility of Obama declaring himself President for Life.

Lesser of evils.

Sadly but t'is so.

Romney won't get the nomination. Ron Paul has a better chance, and he's retired.

Willard should go to Green Bay with Christie and play with Jerry.

Of course it's a bad idea. He couldn't even unseat a bad President like Obama. Obama! The Dems would have to go with Al Gore in order for Romney to have a chance to win. Maybe.
Defeating an incumbent is tough. Defeating the charismatic President Obama when the country arguably leans left, that is a very difficult thing to do. Hillary couldn't beat Pres. Obama either

Comparing Clinton v Obama in the 2008 primary to Romney v Obama in the 2012 general election is stupid.

Obama is not a good President. Most people were unsatisfied with his performance after his first term. And yet Romney could not beat him. All this nonsense about incumbents is just that...nonsense. And excuses. The White House was the Republicans' to lose, and they lost it because Romney is a pathetic idiot.

Romney won't get the nomination. Ron Paul has a better chance, and he's retired.

Willard should go to Green Bay with Christie and play with Jerry.
Whenever he's included in 2016 polls he performs exceptionally well. I have no idea how he'll survive the primary. I figured IF he ran it would be as a dark horse candidate; jumping into, or being drafted into the primary as it's clear no one is gaining any traction. That would have made the primary a breeze. Everyone could have had their 5 minutes of being the front-runner then fizzled out.This approach is certainly not how I expected a Romney 2016 campaign to start

Defeating an incumbent is tough. Defeating the charismatic President Obama when the country arguably leans left, that is a very difficult thing to do. Hillary couldn't beat Pres. Obama either

Comparing Clinton v Obama in the 2008 primary to Romney v Obama in the 2012 general election is stupid.

Obama is not a good President. Most people were unsatisfied with his performance after his first term. And yet Romney could not beat him. All this nonsense about incumbents is just that...nonsense. And excuses. The White House was the Republicans' to lose, and they lost it because Romney is a pathetic idiot.
Do you know how often in recent history an incumbent has lost?

By his own admission, 47% aren't going to vote republican. There is only 33% republicans, and most are going to vote for Jeb. So getting the nomination looks bleak. If he does, he has to figure out a way to stop 4% from voting with the 47%, or figure out how to rig the electoral college.

He's been vindicated quite a bit
Really?
4i6Ckte.gif

He said that he wanted 5% GDP growth by 2016 - Obama did it last month.

Paul Ryan said that he wanted unemployment down below 6% - Obama did that earlier this year, and it just went down more, to 5.6%.
You're blinded by partisan hate if you really think Romney has received no vindication in the years following his lost. I'm not saying he was right about every comment he made

The only thing recent history has shown us is that incumbents rarely face a decent challenge. Reagan was re-elected because he was a reasonably strong candidate against a pathetically weak opponent. Clinton won in '96 for the same reason. Bush won in '04 for the same reason. The only time in recent memory that an incumbent faced a worthy opponent was Bush in '92, and we know how that went.

The only thing recent history has shown us is that incumbents rarely face a decent challenge. Reagan was re-elected because he was a reasonably strong candidate against a pathetically weak opponent. Clinton won in '96 for the same reason. Bush won in '04 for the same reason. The only time in recent memory that an incumbent faced a worthy opponent was Bush in '92, and we know how that went.
so you dodged the question

Defeating an incumbent is tough. Defeating the charismatic President Obama as the country arguably leans left, that is a very difficult thing to do. Hillary couldn't beat Pres. Obama either

Romney certainly made major mistakes. The 47% comment really added to the negative caricature of him. Was the 47% comment really his mistake though? That was a leaked recording of a private donation meeting. Who speaks 24/7 as is if everything they are saying is on the record? Is anyone really naive enough to think Democratic politicians never make insensitive remarks behind closed doors?

I know terms like moderate or center-right describe Romney better than staunch conservative so he may not be the most exciting candidate for many GOP voters to get behind, but this new development is tantalizing to say the least

The reason why the 47% comments were so devastating is that combined with everything else the guy has said and done, it exposed him for who he really was, a guy who thinks a recession is when you can't buy another dressage horse, not when a working guy can't find a job.

The most devastating thing on that tape was not the 47% comment. It was about how awesome he thought it was that there was a factory in China he was investing in where unmarried women lived 10 to a dorm, 120 to a bathroom, and they had to put barbed wire around the place from keeping other women from getting in. That should have put a chill down the spine of every American who works for a paycheck.

Jeb is the only possible hope the GOP has right now, and the republican voters don't really care for RINO Jeb. His opinion on immigration leans too far left.

Who knows? In 08 I said Obama wasn't electable.

Forum List

Back