🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney harassed homosexual

Romney apologizes for 'dumb' high school pranks

Romney said he doesn't remember an incident from 1965 described in The Washington Post. The story quotes five of Romney's classmates from Cranbook School in a Detroit suburb as saying he led a group of boys who pinned down John Lauber while Romney himself cut the boy''s "bleached blonde hair that draped over one eye."

Lauber was described in the article as being "teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality."

High school? High school?

Damn, now that is desperation.

Sorry, it is time we actually talk about the problems we are facing in this nation. You'll have to postpone your root canal until after the election.

Immie

Oh my stars and clovers, I think I'm in love.

/cancels root canal

Can I get you anything? A soda? A ribeye? A full body massage? *I'd pay for it. I'm Not That Kind of Girl*

Well, can you find a way to get us two new candidates?

Would it be too much to ask if neither one of them belonged to either of the major parties?

Immie

Ron Paul acceptable, or no?

Vetting is going into someone high school days about the pranks they did..

Maybe next week we'll something about what obama did in grade school..let the vetting begin..

Didn't we do that a couple of weeks ago about the eating of dogs?

Do you think maybe we can move on to something important like the economy next week?

Immie

fine by me, but that isn't going to happen when you have the Lamestream media releasing crap like this..

You pick your and we pick ours.

Ours is actually helping evern while your entire party tries to distroy any progress

Romney said he doesn't remember an incident from 1965 described in The Washington Post. The story quotes five of Romney's classmates from Cranbook School in a Detroit suburb as saying he led a group of boys who pinned down John Lauber while Romney himself cut the boy''s "bleached blonde hair that draped over one eye."

Lauber was described in the article as being "teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality."

If Obama had done this you would be on it non stop until election day.

It's called dredging for dirt...fling it on the wall...see if it sticks. It's backfired on the left and Obama again like every other issue they used to deflect on Obama's piss-poor record.

If Obama had done this you would be on it non stop until election day.

WE already know his record from his books...Obama was a druggie.

Oh my stars and clovers, I think I'm in love.

/cancels root canal

Can I get you anything? A soda? A ribeye? A full body massage? *I'd pay for it. I'm Not That Kind of Girl*

Would it be too much to ask if neither one of them belonged to either of the major parties?

Immie

No, just another party member and a bit to wacky, no offense intended Wacky Quacky, for me.

Would it be too much to mention that I think it is time America elected a woman to the office? I don't have one in mind off the top of my head who is not a full blown party member herself, but I'm open to suggestions. I think America needs a compassionate heart in the Oval Office. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstien are out of the question. Palin is also.

Christine Todd Whitman comes to mind but I think she is a little too liberal for me but I don't know all that much about her. I think that she is pro-choice which is a strike in my book, but she can't be as bad as Romney or Obama and having a woman in the office, might just cancel that out.

Any other suggestions? Elizabeth Dole... is she even still alive? Too Old?

Any of that help?

Immie

Immie

No, just another party member and a bit to wacky, no offense intended Wacky Quacky, for me.

Would it be too much to mention that I think it is time America elected a woman to the office? I don't have one in mind off the top of my head who is not a full blown party member herself, but I'm open to suggestions. I think America needs a compassionate heart in the Oval Office. Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstien are out of the question. Palin is also.

Christine Todd Whitman comes to mind but I think she is a little too liberal for me but I don't know all that much about her. I think that she is pro-choice which is a strike in my book, but she can't be as bad as Romney or Obama and having a woman in the office, might just cancel that out.

Any of that help?

Immie

Yes, and I have some thinking to do. Everybody seems to affiliate, else how would we ever hear of them? i.e., If they are IN politics, they are partisan. ... makes it tough.

Klein hits the nail on the head. This is how the narrative should have gone.

“You know, I’ve been troubled by the Cranbrook episode for most of my life, and I feel relieved, in a way, that it’s come out now. I did a really stupid and terrible thing. Teenage boys sometimes do such things and deserve to be punished for them. What I most regret is that I never apologized to John and won’t be able to now that he’s gone, but let me apologize to his family and friends. Bullying is unacceptable under any circumstances. It is especially unacceptable when prejudice — against one’s race, ethnicity or sexual orientation — is involved. If elected President, I will try to atone for my teenage behavior by campaigning against bullying all across this country. What I did back then should be an example of how not to behave. I hope we can all learn from this. I know I have.”

Read more: Joe Klein: Romney's Apology for Bullying Insufficient | Swampland | TIME.com

Any of that help?

Immie

Yes, and I have some thinking to do. Everybody seems to affiliate, else how would we ever hear of them? i.e., If they are IN politics, they are partisan. ... makes it tough.

Well, if I had my preference, we'd draft people to be President rather than electing the scumbags that want the job... Senators and Congressmen as well.

If you actually want the job, you are out on mental disability.

Immie

Exactly.

In short, suddenly right-wing bloggers are strongly opposed to vetting.

This represents a curious turn, because as we've been noting this week, the established mantra from Obama's media critics is that the press has repeatedly refused to delve into Obama's past in search of clues about his true self, and has refused to paint a detailed portrait of Obama's history.

Those allegations are false. Nonetheless, it's baffling that critics are attacking the Post for doing to Romney what they want the Post, (and the press) to do to Obama; report out detailed articles about his past.

Keep in mind Romney does not question any of the facts in the Post article, which features multiple, on-the-record sources. Instead, the loud cries of protest from the right have focused on the claim that the Post never should have wasted its time writing about Romney's youth (i.e. who cares?), and that by reporting about his personal past, by vetting him, the Post was guilty of liberal bias.

This is getting nutty, and really just highlights the tangled "vetting" knot conservatives have tied themselves in during recent years: Vetting Democrats is good. Vetting Republicans is very bad.

Think about it. The same type of partisan media pursuers who obsessed over which elementary school Obama attended overseas as a child, and the same ones who have spent years obsessing over Obama's birth (you can't go back any further than that), suddenly think reporting out disturbing incidents from Romney's high school days is out of bounds?

It's amazing how the vetting urge dissipates when the target shifts from a D to an R.

“You know, I’ve been troubled by the Cranbrook episode for most of my life, and I feel relieved, in a way, that it’s come out now. I did a really stupid and terrible thing. Teenage boys sometimes do such things and deserve to be punished for them. What I most regret is that I never apologized to John and won’t be able to now that he’s gone, but let me apologize to his family and friends. Bullying is unacceptable under any circumstances. It is especially unacceptable when prejudice — against one’s race, ethnicity or sexual orientation — is involved. If elected President, I will try to atone for my teenage behavior by campaigning against bullying all across this country. What I did back then should be an example of how not to behave. I hope we can all learn from this. I know I have.”

Read more: Joe Klein: Romney's Apology for Bullying Insufficient | Swampland | TIME.com

That quote might actually have been enough to make me think twice about my decision not to vote for him. Of course, it is fantasy and wouldn't come off his lips in a million years.

Immie

That quote might actually have been enough to make me think twice about my decision not to vote for him. Of course, it is fantasy and wouldn't come off his lips in a million years.

Immie

I don't know who his handlers are - and I sure don't envy them their job.

Immie

I don't know who his handlers are - and I sure don't envy them their job.

Has he fired the crew that let him say, "I don't recollect the incident"?

Immie

Forum List

Back