Romney has money parked in the Cayman Islands???

Especially when it comes to personal wealth.

No one else's business. But for those wringing thier hands and wanting that wealth for themselves?

Get a job and work hard...for that could be you too. Mind your own fucking business...and get to work.

Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

What kind of fucking shithead thinks that parking some of his investment money in the Cayman Islands is the same thing as being a "tax cheat?" :cuckoo:

MuddleoftheRoad, you are that kind of shithead.

You fucking shithead.

Obviously your a moron, I never said he was a tax cheat. Re-read my post and re-read the post I was responding to. I was ASKING if that was what "The T" was saying. Further read his response to that, when he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "yes that's what I meant"
Do I need to further point out how stupid you are?

Are you really trying to make the point that it is no ones business if a potential POTUS is a tax cheat? Seriously?

What kind of fucking shithead thinks that parking some of his investment money in the Cayman Islands is the same thing as being a "tax cheat?" :cuckoo:

You fucking shithead.

Obviously your a moron, I never said he was a tax cheat. Re-read my post and re-read the post I was responding to. I was ASKING if that was what "The T" was saying. Further read his response to that, when he said (and I'm paraphrasing) "yes that's what I meant"

Of course it is not cheating

It just highlights that the rich play by a different set of rules than the rest of us

Do the banks in the Camyan Islands loan money to American small business and industry? Do we know that Mr. Romney's wealth is being used to stimulate the American economy?

Is it possible that his money is loaned to Hugo Chavez, or Raul Castro?

Does even Mr. Romney know (or care)?

What business is it of yours what Romney does with his money? Answer... none.

You cannot hold depositor responsible for what the bank invests in, dip-shit. Unless you want to apply that standard to ALL banks... even the ones Democrats have their money in.

Thanks for sharing; notwithstanding the fact that the point made was beyond your capacity to comprehend.

Why are so many self defined conservatives on this MB so dumb?

Last edited:
do some research america

A... link please?
B... if so, is it illegal?
C... It's America, dipshit, not america.

It's not a matter of legality, it's a matter of image.

Cayman Islands. Noted for banks that don't ask questions and ignore the law. It's where embezzlers and drug smugglers send their money.

It's not where legitimate, patriotic Americans would send their money.

There is nothing wrong with sheltering income. Anyone with a 401K or an IRA is doing so. However sheltering income via offshore accounts adds a veil of secrecy and it is that veil of secrecy that can destroy a candidate. Voters want total transparency in their presidential candidates. When a candidate throws up a curtain around any part of their lives, the opposition and the media will exploit it to it's fullest. I think this is just one of a number of problems that Romney has that will make him unelectable.

why is it a 'veil of secrecy'? Because YOU did not know he was doing it? Please.

Obama threw up a few curtains during the election, and still has them up. Where are the investigative reports on that?
A veil of secrecy exists because the Cayman banking laws created it. They will release no information, not even the fact that a person has an account without a court order specifying that the person is charged with a crime in that country and the bank records are required in that prosecution. This veil of secrecy attracts customers from all over the world who have reason to keep their bank transactions a secret.

George Town in Grand Cayman has a population of about 30,000 and nearly 300 banks. That's one bank for every 100 residents. Thanks to the banking laws, the Caymans have one of the highest per capita incomes in world and are custodians for much of the worlds terrorist and drug money.

why is it anyone's business who has an account where? If a law is broken, and a court order produced, they give up the names. Sounds perfectly correct to me.

The fact that no one can prove he broke the law does not make him a good candidate. In fact, the less baggage a candidate has the better and Romney certain has quite a bit.

Ask the voters

If they are fine with Romney paying at a 15% rate and hiding money offshore then I guess there is no problem

So if he elected and begins steps to reduce the deficit, off shore accounts that are designed to avoid US taxes will be off the table. NICE!

Republican Hypocrisy at its Very Best!

link?

do some research america

A... link please?
B... if so, is it illegal?
C... It's America, dipshit, not america.

It's not a matter of legality, it's a matter of image.

Cayman Islands. Noted for banks that don't ask questions and ignore the law. It's where embezzlers and drug smugglers send their money.

It's not where legitimate, patriotic Americans would send their money.

I've been to George Town, the capital city of the Cayman Islands. One day my wife and I on a walk passed a four unit, two story, apartment house which looked as if it had been built in the 1950's. Listed on the mail box were names of several dozen well known American companies.

A veil of secrecy exists because the Cayman banking laws created it. They will release no information, not even the fact that a person has an account without a court order specifying that the person is charged with a crime in that country and the bank records are required in that prosecution. This veil of secrecy attracts customers from all over the world who have reason to keep their bank transactions a secret.

George Town in Grand Cayman has a population of about 30,000 and nearly 300 banks. That's one bank for every 100 residents. Thanks to the banking laws, the Caymans have one of the highest per capita incomes in world and are custodians for much of the worlds terrorist and drug money.

Cayman Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Starting in the mid-late 1990s, offshore financial centres, such as the Cayman Islands, came under increasing pressure from the OECD for their allegedly harmful tax regimes, where the OECD wished to prevent low-tax regimes from having an advantage in the global marketplace. The OECD threatened to place the Cayman Islands and other financial centres on a "black list" and impose sanctions against them.[32] However, the Cayman Islands successfully avoided being placed on the OECD black list in 2000 by committing to regulatory reform to improve transparency and begin information exchange with OECD member countries about their citizens.

A report published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), in March 2005, assessing supervision and regulation in the Cayman Islands' banking, insurance and securities industries, as well as its money laundering regime, recognised the jurisdiction's comprehensive regulatory and compliance frameworks. "An extensive program of legislative, rule and guideline development has introduced an increasingly effective system of regulation, both formalizing earlier practices and introducing enhanced procedures", noted IMF assessors. The report further stated that "the supervisory system benefits from a well-developed banking infrastructure with an internationally experienced and qualified workforce as well as experienced lawyers, accountants and auditors", adding that, "the overall compliance culture within Cayman is very strong, including the compliance culture related to AML (anti-money laundering) obligations".[34] [35]

Yeah... sounds real fucked up, huh.

Please. Go find a REAL story, where someone actually did something wrong.

You fucking shithead.

Obviously, having been pinned down like a butterfly in a cigar box, you are now feigning innocence. :eusa_hand:

Fail, bitch. :eusa_liar:

The FACTS are clear-- despite your belated effort to try to spin your way out of it -- ya dipshit. You (not The T) were calling a person a tax cheat for stashing investments in the Caymans.

Also, bitch, you need to learn some of the easier and more basic rules of the English language. :thup:

Do the banks in the Camyan Islands loan money to American small business and industry? Do we know that Mr. Romney's wealth is being used to stimulate the American economy?

You cannot hold depositor responsible for what the bank invests in, dip-shit. Unless you want to apply that standard to ALL banks... even the ones Democrats have their money in.

Thanks for sharing; notwithstanding the fact that the point made was beyond your capacity to comprehend.

Captain Irony ^ fails to perceive the irony in his ironic post!

deflection.

Why do YOU care what Romney, Obama, or anyone else does with their money?

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.
OK. So the advocates of FreeDumb have an issue with a fellow murkin choosing a bank outside of the prison system known as Duh Land of Duh Free ?
Interesting.
If he's smart ( doubtful) it's with these guys.
I am.:cool:
Butterfield

You fucking shithead.

It just highlights that the rich play by a different set of rules than the rest of us
You're so right. Romney's little $10,000 bet with Perry over a healthcare issue also highlights the incredible difference between the lives of the ultra rich and the common man. Remember Bush marveling over a cash register scanner. The man had obviously not been in a grocery store in years.

Romney has been trying to show he identifies with the common man by staying in a thirty hotel instead of his usually $500 a night suite and flying a discount airline instead of his usually private jet, rolling up his sleeves as if he had ever done a real days work in his life. Unfortunately it comes across as so damn phony, like so many things that he does.

If Romney wins the nomination we will have the wealthiest candidate in 70 years, Romney with 250 million running against the poorest, Obama with 5 million.

You're so right. Romney's little $10,000 bet with Perry over a healthcare issue also highlights the incredible difference between the lives of the ultra rich and the common man. Remember Bush marveling over a cash register scanner. The man had obviously not been in a grocery store in years.

Romney has been trying to show he identifies with the common man by staying in a thirty hotel instead of his usually $500 a night suite and flying a discount airline instead of his usually private jet, rolling up his sleeves as if he had ever done a real days work in his life. Unfortunately it comes across as so damn phony, like so many things that he does.

If Romney wins the nomination we will have the wealthiest candidate in 70 years, Romney with 250 million running against the poorest, Obama with 5 million.

Really? You think Mitt Romney hasn't worked a day in his life...? :cuckoo:

Really? You think Mitt Romney hasn't worked a day in his life...? :cuckoo:

We talking roll up your sleeves and work up a sweat work?

The reason Romney keeps his money in the Cayman Islands is they offer free checking and have really cute tellers

Forum List

Back