Romney has money parked in the Cayman Islands???

has a law been broken?

Nope, but that's not the point (but you knew that anyway).

Romney has been working very hard to paint himself as an "average Joe" by saying things about being afraid of getting a pink slip (lie) or being "unemployed" but then completely counters those with the reality of Willard...

The reality that his "real streets" are around three different houses...a HUGE mansion in California he's making even bigger, a mansion in Massachusetts and a third in New Hampshire. Average Joe's can't park millions in offshore tax havens in the Cayman Islands.

It is also going to be increasingly obvious to voters WHY Romney doesn't want to release his records just yet...it isn't going to look good for Mr. Richey Rich who is trying to paint himself as the (ironed) blue jean wearing "fella".

I hardly think any average Joe would consider Romney, Obama, or anyone running for President, to be an average Joe, regardless of how they might portray themselves. Not the point though.

The argument by the left in this thread is an implication that Romney is tax dodging. It's flat out stated by a few lefties. Problem is, they have no proof, just their suppositions.

I don't work on supposition. If Romney broke a law, prove it, have a trial, convict and punish. Until then, as far as I am concerned, it's nothing but a bunch of lefties making unsubstantiated accusations.

Give me something solid, something that proves he broke the law, and I'm right there with you smacking his ass into next Tuesday.

Even if he WERE breaking the law, that isn't what is going to resonate with people...its the fact that he has millions of dollars in an offshore account that will.

This really was not the best year for the GOP to run Richie Rich.

Nope, but that's not the point (but you knew that anyway).

Romney has been working very hard to paint himself as an "average Joe" by saying things about being afraid of getting a pink slip (lie) or being "unemployed" but then completely counters those with the reality of Willard...

The reality that his "real streets" are around three different houses...a HUGE mansion in California he's making even bigger, a mansion in Massachusetts and a third in New Hampshire. Average Joe's can't park millions in offshore tax havens in the Cayman Islands.

It is also going to be increasingly obvious to voters WHY Romney doesn't want to release his records just yet...it isn't going to look good for Mr. Richey Rich who is trying to paint himself as the (ironed) blue jean wearing "fella".

I hardly think any average Joe would consider Romney, Obama, or anyone running for President, to be an average Joe, regardless of how they might portray themselves. Not the point though.

The argument by the left in this thread is an implication that Romney is tax dodging. It's flat out stated by a few lefties. Problem is, they have no proof, just their suppositions.

I don't work on supposition. If Romney broke a law, prove it, have a trial, convict and punish. Until then, as far as I am concerned, it's nothing but a bunch of lefties making unsubstantiated accusations.

Give me something solid, something that proves he broke the law, and I'm right there with you smacking his ass into next Tuesday.

Even if he WERE breaking the law, that isn't what is going to resonate with people...its the fact that he has millions of dollars in an offshore account that will.

This really was not the best year for the GOP to run Richie Rich.
seems the only people it resonates with are lefties. looking like the right could care less, unless he's broken the law.

I am sure Romney broke no law. It is merely smart money handling on his part. But it highlights that there is a different set of rules for the money of the super wealthy than those who work for a living.

This is the same argument we have been having with the OWS people since last summer. The game is set up to facilitate the accumulation and preservation of wealth for the one percent. Why do we need to continue when the wealthy are stockpiling wealth and the working class is struggling

Different set of rules? You mean Romney is allowed to put money into a Cayman Island account, but you're not? I was unaware of that rule. Could you possibly link to your source for this information?

Yea..yea

We have heard the " you can be a mega millionaire too" defense before. I am sure it will resonate with the voters in November

Working Americans have very little choice as to what they can do with their tax dollars. Taxes are taken out before they even see their paycheck. They can deduct their kids and mortgage and little else.

Meanwhile the mega wealthy get to claim their income as capital gains and hide their wealth in offshore account There are rules that apply to a working man who struggles to support his family and a different set of rules for those who have so much money they don't know where to put it

Let Mitt campaign on why we need to keep the rules that apply only to him

Last edited:
I am sure Romney broke no law. It is merely smart money handling on his part. But it highlights that there is a different set of rules for the money of the super wealthy than those who work for a living.

This is the same argument we have been having with the OWS people since last summer. The game is set up to facilitate the accumulation and preservation of wealth for the one percent. Why do we need to continue when the wealthy are stockpiling wealth and the working class is struggling

Different set of rules? You mean Romney is allowed to put money into a Cayman Island account, but you're not? I was unaware of that rule. Could you possibly link to your source for this information?

Yea..yea

We have heard the " you can be a mega millionaire too" defense before. I am sure it will resonate with the voters in November

Working Americans have very little choice as to what they can do with their tax dollars. Taxes are taken out before they even see their paycheck. They can deduct their kids and mortgage and little else.

Meanwhile the mega wealthy get to claim their income as capital gains and hide their wealth in offshore account There are rules that apply to a working man who struggles to support his family and a different set of rules for those who have so much money they don't know where to put it

Let Mitt campaign on why we need to keep the rules that apply only to him

where did I say that? You probably couldn't be a thousandaire.

it has nothing to do with his 'tax dollars', dip-stick.

what I said was that the same rules that allow Romney to place money offshore, allow ANYONE to do so.

At least TRY to read before responding, dip-shit.

Last edited:
Perfect example as to why we need a new tax law.
Go after the law, not the ones who use the tax code as it is written.

Exactly

Mitt Romney has broken no laws and is just minimizing his tax profile. There is nothing wrong with playing by the existing rules

But let Mitt defend those rules to the voters who are struggling to get by and why maintaining them is best for America

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands - ABC News

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

With a law passed in 2003, the rich and corporations get to invest their money in off-shore accounts to pay no taxes. The bill also allows them to pay lower taxes on their gain because it is not seen as earned income.
Great idea. Then they live off the government protection and all the other frills this government provides for them with out paying their proper share of taxes.
Wealth greed? NOT, just looking for a level playing field.

This alarms me a bit. I'm sure further investigation will follow but this causes me a few red flags.

We gotta make damn sure our nominee is FULLY vetted. We don't need any October surprises to cost us the election.

With a law passed in 2003, the rich and corporations get to invest their money in off-shore accounts to pay no taxes. The bill also allows them to pay lower taxes on their gain because it is not seen as earned income.
Great idea. Then they live off the government protection and all the other frills this government provides for them with out paying their proper share of taxes.

Meanwhile, the rightwing attacks those who pay lower rates on the tax scale and push for what they call a "fair tax"

All the while, the super wealthy can hide their wealth and income to be exempt from any fair tax while workers see it pulled directly from their paycheck

link?

Meanwhile, the rightwing attacks those who pay lower rates on the tax scale and push for what they call a "fair tax"

All the while, the super wealthy can hide their wealth and income to be exempt from any fair tax while workers see it pulled directly from their paycheck

And a good few of those 'super wealthy' are Democrats. And those with offshore accounts include some of your own fucking politicians. Gonna call for them to 'fess up too or is it just Romney?

And a good few of those 'super wealthy' are Democrats. And those with offshore accounts include some of your own fucking politicians. Gonna call for them to 'fess up too or is it just Romney?

I sure am...

Let those who are making the rules defend why those are good for America. The tax code is written primarily by the wealthy, for the wealthy

Time for all politicians to disclose what they are making off those rules

We all know why wealthy people and criminals park their dough in foreign banks with numbered banks accounts, folks.

Let's not pretend that we don't.

has a law been broken?

I really don't know.

Nobody does...that's exactly why Cayman Island banksters allow the accounts to be numbered, sport.

So that it is impossible for foreign governments to track whose money it is, and where it came from.

Seriously, you don't already know this?

I find that rather hard to believe, Lad.

I think you're actually pulling my leg.

That or you are one seriously misinformed person.

We all know why wealthy people and criminals park their dough in foreign banks with numbered banks accounts, folks.

Let's not pretend that we don't.

has a law been broken?

I really don't know.

Nobody does...that's exactly why Cayman Island banksters allow the accounts to be numbered, sport.

So that it is impossible for foreign governments to track whose money it is, and where it came from.

Seriously, you don't already know this?

I find that rather hard to believe, Lad.

I think you're actually pulling my leg.

That or you are one seriously misinformed person.

instead of acting like a butthurt prick, you might want to browse through this thread. I'm the one that posted details (with a link) as to how the Cayman Island banks work, what laws they follow, their efforts to comply with the laws of various countries, etc.

Go on, browse. Educate yourself, THEN come and we can talk.

This is Mitt Romney --

Romney_high%20quality.jpg

Is this greedy bastard whom you want as your President?

big deal!! how about all of the millions that went to Obama's campaign from overseas? why hasn't the MSM ever bitched about that? not one peep about the illegal contributions coming from the east in 2008? all we saw was Chris Matthews playing with his wrinkled winkee every time Obama spoke.

The money he put into those accounts was after tax money. He had already paid all the taxes that were due on it.

How would you, or anyone else, possibly know that?

Just like no-one can say for sure if he did something illegal, no-one can say he didn't.

That's why he needs to release his tax returns.

Last edited:
why is it a 'veil of secrecy'? Because YOU did not know he was doing it? Please.

Obama threw up a few curtains during the election, and still has them up. Where are the investigative reports on that?

Like his birth certificate?

No, no-one reported on that one. Not at all. Not even once.

LOL.

Of course, the fact that it (to no-one's surprise) turned out to be a BS conspiracy theory, doesn't stop some people from still claiming he wasn't born in Hawaii.

Forum List

Back