Romney leaves Cruz off his list of 2016 GOP stars

Christie strikes me as being like Rudy Guiliani.

There's a Northeastern Faction that likes him, but he won't play in Flyover Country.

You mean all 25 electoral votes?

Christie can win in purple states, which the other Republucans can't

People are tired of the partisan bickering. Christie is the only candidate who has shown a willingness to work with the other side

I don't think he can, necessarily.

For one thing, if there's a reason why I stopped voting Republican, it's because the GOP cares more about fat brokers on Wall Street than Joe just trying to make ends meet by working two jobs.

And I'll be straight up, I used to care more about the social and security issues than the fiscal ones until I realized that those things didn't matter to me.

I just don't see how the GOP wins just looking out for the 1%ers.

Christie can win Florida, Ohio and Virginia

Who cares about Iowa and Nebraska?

Chris Christie is the best possible candidate for the next President of the United States. And this is coming from someone who detests the Republican Party.

My problem with Christie is that he seems very hostile to working folks.

And if you want to know my number one problem with the GOP, it's not guns, it's not abortion, it's not middle east policy, it's that they put the interests of corporations and the wealthy above those of working people.

Christie is just more of the same.

Chris Christie is the best possible candidate for the next President of the United States. And this is coming from someone who detests the Republican Party.

And if you want to know my number one problem with the GOP, it's not guns, it's not abortion, it's not middle east policy, it's that they put the interests of corporations and the wealthy above those of working people.

I do get that slimey aspect of him but I think you'll get that with any Republican. However, I like Christie because he's ballsy, he'll rise above party affiliation to solve problems and he's economy oriented. Yeah he'll piss on the working class like any Republican politician but I think the economy will boom under him in the process and I think the militant divide between left and right would ease a bit under him.

I don't really see an up and coming Democrat who'd be good after Obama.

I do get that slimey aspect of him but I think you'll get that with any Republican. However, I like Christie because he's ballsy, he'll rise above party affiliation to solve problems and he's economy oriented. Yeah he'll piss on the working class like any Republican politician but I think the economy will boom under him in the process and I think the militant divide between left and right would ease a bit under him.

Good point......follow the money

I don't think you will see big business investing in a TeaTard candidate. They saw what happens

I don't think you will see big business investing in a TeaTard candidate. They saw what happens

No, but thanks to Citizens United, they don't need big business. A single rich crazy like Sheldon Addilson can keep the other crazies in the rink.

Just so. Christie/Bush would be good.

From the people who brought you.

McCain/Palin

and

Romney/Ryan

comes

Jabba and Jeb!!!!

"Suck it, Peasents- 2016"

Hey, maybe the GOP should get guys who aren't so much into taking care of Wall Street and getting a guy who is looking out for mainstreet.

JoeB counseling Republicans on who to choose as a candidate is similar to a Nazi counseling Jews on the positive merits of Belsen-Bergen.

I have a question who will the Democrats put up if Hillary doesn't run? The left has been so focused on who the Republicans might or might not nominate you haven't noticed the cupboard is pretty bare after Hillary.

There is no ‘left,’ that’s the whole point.

By 1992 democrats had successfully neutralized ‘the left,’ since then they’ve won four of the last six presidential elections.

The question is will republicans be smart enough to do the same, and neutralize the radical right.

And that’s the context of the thread topic: will the GOP run an extreme rightist and lose the 2016 election, or will they nominate someone responsible and likely win.

There is no left that's what your trying to sell? That's all there is the Obama policies especially Obamacare did in most of the moderate democrats in 2010 and it threatens to finish off the few left in 2014. You went from moderate with Bill Clinton and the era of big government is over to the extreme with Obama and big government is back bigger than ever.

I have a question who will the Democrats put up if Hillary doesn't run? The left has been so focused on who the Republicans might or might not nominate you haven't noticed the cupboard is pretty bare after Hillary.

By 1992 democrats had successfully neutralized ‘the left,’ since then they’ve won four of the last six presidential elections.

The question is will republicans be smart enough to do the same, and neutralize the radical right.

And that’s the context of the thread topic: will the GOP run an extreme rightist and lose the 2016 election, or will they nominate someone responsible and likely win.

There is no left that's what your trying to sell? That's all there is the Obama policies especially Obamacare did in most of the moderate democrats in 2010 and it threatens to finish off the few left in 2014. You went from moderate with Bill Clinton and the era of big government is over to the extreme with Obama and big government is back bigger than ever.

There's no Left in the Democratic party? Then who the fuck are these guys??
Congressional Progressive Caucus : Caucus Members

No, but thanks to Citizens United, they don't need big business. A single rich crazy like Sheldon Addilson can keep the other crazies in the rink.

Very true

Thanks to Citizens United the residents of the GOP Clown Car get to stay in right up to the convention

You don't understand.

Stop being a blind partisan and see the big picture.

I think Cruz is very smart but he has shown his political inexperience with the defund Obamacare stuff with time and some experience he will be force in the future.

Surely you jest. And I always respect your opinion.

His strategy was spot on. Oh my. On this we must disagree on then.

Cruz is a populist idiot. He made the shutdown about ObamaCare instead of the budget. A huge tactical mistake.

Cruz dragged the GOP approval rating 20 points below the Democrats, and he alienated one third of Republicans.

The GOP now has to come from way, way behind to have a fighting chance in the mid-terms.

How you could possibly think he is anything other than a moron for these gross and amateurish blunders is beyond me.

You don't understand.

Stop being a blind partisan and see the big picture.

The amount of irony in that response is off the charts.

JoeB counseling Republicans on who to choose as a candidate is similar to a Nazi counseling Jews on the positive merits of Belsen-Bergen.

Not only is this a humor fail it's also a Godwin fail for more than one reason.

It's a rousing success because it is right and correct.

Godwin is most accurate when you pull this type of nonsense.

I corrected you for such during the primaries and the general last year.

I will do every time you act stupidly.

It's a rousing success because it is right and correct.

Godwin is most accurate when you pull this type of nonsense.

I corrected you for such during the primaries and the general last year.

I will do every time you act stupidly.

And how did you go about doing this when I just joined the forum last week? You just open your mouth and let whatever's in there tumble out, don't you?

Forum List

Back