Romney's Bain Lie

I heard a bit of Big fat Head Ed Schultz's radio
show today where Eddie and his producer were all
giggles over this.Sounded like they were rubbing themselves
or each other over this.

if he wasn't making decisions, what would there be to release? :rolleyes:

Tax returns, internal memos and email regarding Bain deals..you know..normal stuff.

explain how tax returns would show Romney had an actual role in running Bain Capital. Do they list positions held at corporations? Job titles? Responsibilities?

Dumb ass.

you don't pay payroll taxes?

are you an invalid or an elderly fuck?

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com

Ravi, Ravi, Ravi, YOu have to find the REST of the Story . He wasn't the CEO of Bain Capital in the time in question. He was CEO of BAIN CAPITAL VI. That was his retirement account. Big difference than a company. Sorry, no felony here. Libel on the part of the president though.

J.W. Verrett, an attorney and economics scholar at George Washington University's Mercatus Center, also told Fox News that the original Globe report appeared to "be confused" about the SEC filings.
He noted they refer to "Bain Capital VI," which he described as an investment separate from Bain Capital itself.
"Saying that Governor Romney was the CEO of Bain Capital VI is like saying that I am the CEO of my retirement account ... it's a silly bit of legalese and it doesn't also mean I am CEO of all the companies in which I invest," he said in an email.

Read more: Presidential rivals trade charges of lying, Romney demands apology over 'felony' remark | Fox News

are you saying the folks how put this statement out are lying too?

Due to the sudden nature of Mr. Romney's departure, he remained the sole stockholder for a time while formal ownership was being documented and transferred to the group of partners who took over management of the firm in 1999.

The business community lying about how their business is conducted?

Oh perish the thought..

That would never ever happen..

:lol:

well, as I said a few times now, some of those folks are obama donors....so why are they protecting Romney?

and I think I am not stretching things here if I note that the SEC now, looking at that statement would most certainly check it out and see if there is any flim flam, you do understand that changing something as complex as that is not done in a day or even 6 months....why these people would stick their neck out does not make sense.....

plus with the admin making statements like this, it is incumbent upon them to make their case, vapor doesn't count. If they have it fine, lets see it and the chips will fall where they will...

oh hey, didn't you work on wall st? I guess that makes you a liar too eh? where were you and what did you know and when?

hedging their bets?

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain three years longer than he claimed: As we’ve previously noted, Mitt Romney twice told the Government Ethics Office that he left Bain Capital in February 1999, but there has been plenty of evidence suggesting otherwise. When he left Bain is a critical question, both because a different date than the one he claimed could mean he lied on official forms, and also because Romney has used the early departure date to insulate himself from attacks on Bain’s practices during the early 2000s.

But the Boston Globe reports today that Romney stayed on a full three years longer at Bain than he has claimed. Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed the in the years after 1999 list Romney as the “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president” of Bain. And a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002.

Romney’s Bain lie - Salon.com

Ravi, Ravi, Ravi, YOu have to find the REST of the Story . He wasn't the CEO of Bain Capital in the time in question. He was CEO of BAIN CAPITAL VI. That was his retirement account. Big difference than a company. Sorry, no felony here.

tell it to the judge and jury

Bain has guided more companies from failure to success than not. obama has guided the whole country into failure.

Funny, I thought that was George W. Bush..

And so do most Americans.

But to the point, Bain is Romney's Kryptonite, his Achilles Heel, or whatever other metaphor you want to toss out there.

Most Americans- you know, salt of the earth working folks who don't have car elevators, polo ponies or Cayman Island Bank accounts- don't much like it when their friends and neighbors get laid off so someone can add a little more money to his bank account.

are you saying the folks how put this statement out are lying too?

Due to the sudden nature of Mr. Romney's departure, he remained the sole stockholder for a time while formal ownership was being documented and transferred to the group of partners who took over management of the firm in 1999.

Oh perish the thought..

well, as I said a few times now, some of those folks are obama donors....so why are they protecting Romney?

and I think I am not stretching things here if I note that the SEC now, looking at that statement would most certainly check it out and see if there is any flim flam, you do understand that changing something as complex as that is not done in a day or even 6 months....why these people would stick their neck out does not make sense.....

plus with the admin making statements like this, it is incumbent upon them to make their case, vapor doesn't count. If they have it fine, lets see it and the chips will fall where they will...

oh hey, didn't you work on wall st? I guess that makes you a liar too eh? where were you and what did you know and when?

First off..Romney said he left in 1999. But he said in the debates..he worked with Bain for 25 years. Well Bain was started in 1977. 1977 + 25..puts you where? Oh yeah, 2002.

Second..he was drawing a salary of 100K..outside of his investments from Bain. For what? Executive.

Third..Bain..themselves..identified Romney as an executive on part time absence leave.

And yeah..I worked on Wall Street..in Information Technology. I didn't do trading.

Item 2. Identity and Background.

(a) This Statement is being filed by Bain Capital Fund VI, L.P., a
Delaware limited partnership (either "Fund VI" or the "Reporting Person") in its
capacity as Administrative Member of Bain Capital CLEC Investors, L.L.C., a
Delaware limited liability company ("CLEC Investors").

Other Members of CLEC Investors affiliated with Fund VI who may be
deemed to be beneficial owners of the securities covered by this Statement
include the following: (1) Bain Capital VI Coinvestment Fund, L.P., a Delaware
limited partnership ("Coinvestment Fund"), (2) BCIP Associates II, a Delaware
-----------------
general partnership ("BCIP II"), (3) BCIP Associates II-B, a Delaware general
-------
partnership ("BCIP II-B"), (4) BCIP Associates II-C, a Delaware general
---------
partnership ("BCIP II-C"), (5) BCIP Trust Associates II, a Delaware general
---------
partnership ("BCIP Trust II"), (6) BCIP Trust Associates II-B, a Delaware
-------------
general partnership ("BCIP Trust II-B" and together with BCIP II, BCIP II-B,
---------------
BCIP II-C, and BCIP Trust II, the "BCIP Entities"), (7) Brookside Capital
-------------
Partners Fund, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Brookside"), (8) Sankaty
---------
High Yield Asset Partners, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Sankaty"), (9)
-------
Sankaty High Yield Partners II, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Sankaty
-------
II") and (10) PEP Investments PTY Ltd., an Australian company limited by shares
--
organized under the laws of New South Wales ("PEP" and together with Fund VI
---
Coinvestment Fund, the BCIP Entities, Brookside, Sankaty, Sankaty II, the "CLEC
Members").

Bain Capital Partners VI, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Bain
----
Partners VI") is the sole general partner of Fund VI and Coinvestment Fund. Bain
-----------
Capital Investors VI, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Bain Investors VI"), is the
-----------------
sole general partner of Bain Partners VI. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole
shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain Investors VI and thus is the controlling person of Bain
Investors VI.
The executive officers of Bain Investors VI are set forth on
Schedule A hereto.

Bain Capital, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Bain Capital"), is the sole
------------
managing partner of the BCIP entities. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole
shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain
Capital and thus is the controlling person of Bain Capital. The executive
officers of Bain Capital are set forth on Schedule B hereto.

Brookside Capital Investors, L.P., a Delaware general partnership
("Brookside Investors LP") is the sole general partner of Brookside. Brookside
----------------------
Capital Investors, Inc., a Delaware Corporation ("Brookside Investors Inc.") is
-----------------------
the sole general partner of Brookside Investors LP. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the
sole shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of
Brookside Investors Inc. and thus is the controlling person of Brookside
Investors Inc.
Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors, LLC, a Delaware limited liability
company ("Sankaty LLC") is the sole general partner of Sankaty. Sankaty High
-----------
Yield Asset Investors, Ltd., a Bermuda company ("Sankaty Ltd.") is the managing
-----------
member of Sankaty LLC. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole shareholder, a director
and President of Sankaty Ltd. and thus is the controlling person of Sankaty,
Ltd.
Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors II, LLC, a Delaware limited partnership
("Sankaty II LLC") is the general partner of Sankaty II. Sankaty Investors II,
--------------
LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("Sankaty Investors II") is the
--------------------
managing member of Sankaty II LLC.

SEC Info - Bain Capital Fund VI LP - SC 13D - US Lec LLC - On 2/20/01

Heres the SEC info with link for more for those that are interested. from 2001

Last edited:
Tax returns, internal memos and email regarding Bain deals..you know..normal stuff.

explain how tax returns would show Romney had an actual role in running Bain Capital. Do they list positions held at corporations? Job titles? Responsibilities?

Dumb ass.

Hmmm can you post that link to his tax return from 2011 again...it might actually. Because if he was CEO that would be a salaried position...if he was out of Bain, then it would be just capital gains right?

We could end it right there if only we had his tax return from those years.
2010 tax return.

Filed 10.15.10, as usual with those who need extensions.

Nothing about Bain.

So, you think he went back to Bain?

:rolleyes:

Oh perish the thought..

hedging their bets?

and putting themselves at risk of perjury? they signed and filed the papers, requesting the change and asking that the SEC change their company profile reflecting the companies new status...*shrugs*

Delaware limited partnership (either "Fund VI" or the "Reporting Person") in its

-----------------
-------
---------
---------
-------------
---------------
-------------
---------
High Yield Asset Partners, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Sankaty"), (9)
-------
-------
--
---
Members").

----
Partners VI") is the sole general partner of Fund VI and Coinvestment Fund. Bain
-----------
Capital Investors VI, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Bain Investors VI"), is the
-----------------
shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain Investors VI and thus is the controlling person of Bain
Investors VI.
Schedule A hereto.

------------

----------------------
-----------------------
Investors Inc.
-----------
-----------
Ltd.
--------------
--------------------

and the filing by Bain to change their profile?

Oh perish the thought..

First off..Romney said he left in 1999. But he said in the debates..he worked with Bain for 25 years. Well Bain was started in 1977. 1977 + 25..puts you where? Oh yeah, 2002.

Second..he was drawing a salary of 100K..outside of his investments from Bain. For what? Executive.

Third..Bain..themselves..identified Romney as an executive on part time absence leave.

And yeah..I worked on Wall Street..in Information Technology. I didn't do trading.

and??????:eusa_eh:

Dumb ass.

Hmmm can you post that link to his tax return from 2011 again...it might actually. Because if he was CEO that would be a salaried position...if he was out of Bain, then it would be just capital gains right?

2010 tax return.

Nothing about Bain.

No of course not. Thats not even close to what I am saying. I am in fact saying almost nothing. This is all new information and I prefer to wait until I have as much information as possible before I form aq decisive opinion.

I wanted to look at it to see how he listed his various incomes. Now if we had one from the years that hes being accused of still being at Bain, then we could compare and as different types of income are taxed differently, we could see if he drew a salary.

Thanks for the link.

hedging their bets?

and putting themselves at risk of perjury? they signed and filed the papers, requesting the change and asking that the SEC change their company profile reflecting the companies new status...*shrugs*

sorry I think I misunderstood WHO you meant in your post. My bad. Carry on nothing to see here.

-----------------
-------
---------
---------
-------------
---------------
-------------
---------
-------
-------
--
---
Members").

----
-----------
-----------------
Investors VI.
Schedule A hereto.

------------

----------------------
-----------------------
Investors Inc.
-----------
-----------
Ltd.
--------------
--------------------

and the filing by Bain to change their profile?

hey man. Give me a break. Im working as fast as I can here lol.

if he wasn't making decisions, what would there be to release? :rolleyes:

Dumb ass.

Wholly shit. CEO's don't get W-2's, don't have taxes withheld? Really?

For Romney to be truly off the hook politically for the stuff Bain was doing, he’d have to claim not lack of control, but lack of knowledge. And that’s just not going to wash with anyone. He could try going the “I didn’t have even the slightest idea what the company I technically still owned was doing” route, but he’d be marking himself as either dishonest or incompetent.

And yet that’s really his only out. Just a guess, but if, hypothetically speaking, he’d learned during the 1999-2002 stretch that Bain had made a practice of poisoning the water supply in a Midwestern factory town, he’d have severed all ties, legal and otherwise, with the company.

But that didn’t happen. More likely, Bain went on doing what it had always done, and with Romney’s tacit stamp of approval. So he owns it.

^^^^^

That.

Cutting Through The Bain Bamboozlement | TPM Editors Blog

Dumb ass.

2010 tax return.

Nothing about Bain.

That isn't the year in question.

He should release the returns from 1999 -2002.

Forum List

Back