Romney's Bain Lie

Here's video of Romney saying he worked at Bain for 25 years....1977 to 2002.....

Daily Kos: Video of Romney from debate: "I worked at one company, Bain for 25 years". 1977+25=2002

And the facts build :up:

I can't wait to hear "Hi, I'm inmate #1346734, also known as Willard Romney" :D

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |
7/12/12 11:43 AM EDT

FactCheck.org is standing by their assessment that Mitt Romney did not actively manage Bain Capital after February 1999, despite today's Boston Globe report that he was CEO there until 2002.

"We see little new in the Globe piece. So far, nobody has shown that Romney was actually managing Bain — even part-time — during his time at the Olympics, or that he was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said," Brooks Jackson, a co-author of the FactCheck piece, told POLITICO today.
FactCheck.org

I noticed in the OP link to salon and there link to a Boston Globe article on the same subject both claim there is documentation that Romney stayed at Bain after 1999 yet neither produced that documentation for their articles or a link to that documentation.:confused:

Here's the video of Romney saying he worked at Bain for 25 years...1977 to 2002.

Daily Kos: Video of Romney from debate: "I worked at one company, Bain for 25 years". 1977+25=2002

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org is standing by their assessment that Mitt Romney did not actively manage Bain Capital after February 1999, despite today's Boston Globe report that he was CEO there until 2002.

"We see little new in the Globe piece. So far, nobody has shown that Romney was actually managing Bain — even part-time — during his time at the Olympics, or that he was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said," Brooks Jackson, a co-author of the FactCheck piece, told POLITICO today.
FactCheck.org

I'm listening to a former SEC Commissioner being interviewed on Lawrence O'Donnell. It sounds like Romney's Bain problems are far from over.

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Here's video of Romney saying he worked at Bain for 25 years....1977 to 2002.....

He stated in your video he left Bain when he left for heading the Olympics. (1999, not 2002) Some companies consider overtime as adding extra years when people retire. I know the Navy does. Others consider other contributions the person gave--working summers in college for the firm or for its affiliates--as additional time. When someone gives up vacation leave to deal with crying company needs, sometimes the business will up his retirement years by as many as 10 years. Executives do not get a lot of time off in some businesses, namely energy businesses with demands from the public for their services and products that is occasionally interrupted by lightning strikes, etc. Yet there Obama goes, beating up oil and energy companies with pompous demands and hatespeech against them to drum up support from anti-energy factions in his party, namely Greenpiece

His point was he is a constant person, and that he is. I retired from my business after 23 years, but left it open. I just got about 15 letters from people in a community I haven't lived in for 3 years thanking me for leaving my business doors open, happy 25th anniversary, etc. I left the doors open so my helpers would have a secure job for the duration of their careers.

You do not know what you are talking about in this smarm, because you have moral sheisters at the spinning wheels who don't investigate what they assume is the truth, but isn't for one reason or another.

Governor Romney knows what he is talking about. And he's telling the truth.

Last edited:

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Doh!

in documents from July 2000 and February 2001

Romney listed his “principal occupation”

as “Managing Director” of Bain

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Doh!

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Mitt Romney - 2012 TIME 100: The Most Influential People in the World - TIME

"When I asked Mitt Romney to join Bain & Co. in 1977..."

"Mitt's work ethic, analytical mind and devotion to family and country are a cocktail for success. When I picked him to become the first managing partner of Bain Capital, I knew he would help us create a successful business. When he retired from Bain Capital in 1999 to take over as CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, I knew he would make them memorable.

I can see where the 2002 number came from now...but don't let some factoids get in your way people! Good grief!

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Doh!

Doh !

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

Doh!

:lol:

I have a feeling some O-bots are stomping their feet, fingers in their ears, singing lalalalalalalalalala right now. ;)

And why would you assume that?

In addition to being sole stock owner and head executive..Romney was drawing a salary of over 100K from Bain. That's in addition to capital gains from investments in Bain interests.

So we now are expected to believe that a man who was receiving Remuneration from Bain as well has having financial interests in the company's direction..had nothing to do with decision making regarding how that company makes money.

Really?
I'll put this in large print, like a first grade reader. Maybe it will sink in with a different format.

[IND]By DYLAN BYERS |

"We see little new in the Globe piece. So far, nobody has shown that Romney was actually managing Bain — even part-time — during his time at the Olympics, or that he was anything but a passive, absentee owner during that time, as both Romney and Bain have long said," Brooks Jackson, a co-author of the FactCheck piece, told POLITICO today.[/SIZE][/INDENT]

FactCheck.org

(It's on my clipboard, so when dealing with a retard, repetition is apparently required.)

Now, now Si...Also from the story you are linking to:

But Jackson said that FactCheck.org would "reassess" their analysis if Romney had been involved in management decisions after February 1999.

"Mitt's work ethic, analytical mind and devotion to family and country are a cocktail for success. When I picked him to become the first managing partner of Bain Capital, I knew he would help us create a successful business. When he retired from Bain Capital in 1999 to take over as CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, I knew he would make them memorable.

I can see where the 2002 number came from now...but don't let some factoids get in your way people! Good grief!

Here's the video of Mitt saying he worked at Bain for 25 years 1977 + 25 = 2002.

:lol:

I have a feeling some O-bots are stomping their feet, fingers in their ears, singing lalalalalalalalalala right now. ;)

And why would you assume that?

In addition to being sole stock owner and head executive..Romney was drawing a salary of over 100K from Bain. That's in addition to capital gains from investments in Bain interests.

So we now are expected to believe that a man who was receiving Remuneration from Bain as well has having financial interests in the company's direction..had nothing to do with decision making regarding how that company makes money.

Really?
I'll put this in large print, like a first grade reader. Maybe it will sink in with a different format.

By DYLAN BYERS |

FactCheck.org

(It's on my clipboard, so when dealing with a retard, repetition is apparently required.)

Then he lied to the SEC.

And committed a crime.

Got it.

Doh!

Provide the docs.

Or make the Globe do it!

Item 2. Identity and Background.

(a) This Statement is being filed by Bain Capital Fund VI, L.P., a
Delaware limited partnership (either "Fund VI" or the "Reporting Person") in its
capacity as Administrative Member of Bain Capital CLEC Investors, L.L.C., a
Delaware limited liability company ("CLEC Investors").

Other Members of CLEC Investors affiliated with Fund VI who may be
deemed to be beneficial owners of the securities covered by this Statement
include the following: (1) Bain Capital VI Coinvestment Fund, L.P., a Delaware
limited partnership ("Coinvestment Fund"), (2) BCIP Associates II, a Delaware
-----------------
general partnership ("BCIP II"), (3) BCIP Associates II-B, a Delaware general
-------
partnership ("BCIP II-B"), (4) BCIP Associates II-C, a Delaware general
---------
partnership ("BCIP II-C"), (5) BCIP Trust Associates II, a Delaware general
---------
partnership ("BCIP Trust II"), (6) BCIP Trust Associates II-B, a Delaware
-------------
general partnership ("BCIP Trust II-B" and together with BCIP II, BCIP II-B,
---------------
BCIP II-C, and BCIP Trust II, the "BCIP Entities"), (7) Brookside Capital
-------------
Partners Fund, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Brookside"), (8) Sankaty
---------
High Yield Asset Partners, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Sankaty"), (9)
-------
Sankaty High Yield Partners II, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Sankaty
-------
II") and (10) PEP Investments PTY Ltd., an Australian company limited by shares
--
organized under the laws of New South Wales ("PEP" and together with Fund VI
---
Coinvestment Fund, the BCIP Entities, Brookside, Sankaty, Sankaty II, the "CLEC
Members").

Bain Capital Partners VI, L.P., a Delaware limited partnership ("Bain
----
Partners VI") is the sole general partner of Fund VI and Coinvestment Fund. Bain
-----------
Capital Investors VI, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Bain Investors VI"), is the
-----------------
sole general partner of Bain Partners VI. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole
shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain Investors VI and thus is the controlling person of Bain
Investors VI. The executive officers of Bain Investors VI are set forth on
Schedule A hereto.

Bain Capital, Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Bain Capital"), is the sole
------------
managing partner of the BCIP entities. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole
shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of Bain
Capital and thus is the controlling person of Bain Capital. The executive
officers of Bain Capital are set forth on Schedule B hereto.

Brookside Capital Investors, L.P., a Delaware general partnership
("Brookside Investors LP") is the sole general partner of Brookside. Brookside
----------------------
Capital Investors, Inc., a Delaware Corporation ("Brookside Investors Inc.") is
-----------------------
the sole general partner of Brookside Investors LP. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the
sole shareholder, sole director, Chief Executive Officer and President of
Brookside Investors Inc. and thus is the controlling person of Brookside
Investors Inc. Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors, LLC, a Delaware limited liability
company ("Sankaty LLC") is the sole general partner of Sankaty. Sankaty High
-----------
Yield Asset Investors, Ltd., a Bermuda company ("Sankaty Ltd.") is the managing
-----------
member of Sankaty LLC. Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole shareholder, a director
and President of Sankaty Ltd. and thus is the controlling person of Sankaty,
Ltd. Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors II, LLC, a Delaware limited partnership
("Sankaty II LLC") is the general partner of Sankaty II. Sankaty Investors II,
--------------
LLC, a Delaware limited liability company ("Sankaty Investors II") is the
--------------------
managing member of Sankaty II LLC.

SEC Info - Bain Capital Fund VI LP - SC 13D - US Lec LLC - On 2/20/01

You really just had to go back a couple of pages..

Here's the video of Mitt saying he worked at Bain for 25 years 1977 + 25 = 2002.

Yep he does say that, but to be fair, he also says he left the company to go 'save' the Olympics...LOL - he 'saved' the Olympics! Good on ya Willard! That aside, he went and 'saved' the Olympics in 1999, which is consistent.

I hope it doesn't dent his run. I would like Obama to win the presidency, but I don't think the USA would go to hell in a handbasket if Mitt won. Mitt is not the concern if he wins, it's the extremists in his party who are the problem...

Forum List

Back