Romney's Bain Lie

And after reviewing evidence cited by the Obama campaign, we reaffirm our conclusion that Romney left the helm of Bain Capital when he took a leave of absence in 1999 to run the Salt Lake City Organizing Committee for the 2002 Winter Olympics – as he has said repeatedly — and never returned to active management. The Obama campaign’s recent ads thus mislead when they point to investments made by Bain, as well as management decisions made by companies in which Bain invested, after that time.

The Obama campaign’s objections are contained in a six-page letter sent to us (and — without notice to us — to other news organizations as well). It cobbles together selective news snippets and irrelevant securities documents in an attempt to show that Romney was still running Bain Capital on a part-time basis while he was also running the Olympics committee.

In a nutshell, the Obama campaign is all wet on this point.

From Factcheck.org Thanks for playing..

Pure bullshit that has been debunked by several sources. The truth lies in Romney's income tax returns for 1999 thru 2002 - which he refuses to release.

By whom?

Your claim is wrong.

Yep, and every other person running for President has released a lot more. The fact that he won't tells me he is hiding something. How transparent would he be as President if he can't even do this simple thing? It was like pulling teeth to get him to do it during the primaries as well. He would actually help himself a lot by doing this. That's why members of his own party are saying he should.

Or he could just let the impression get into the voters mind that he's got something to hide. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I can't stand the guy.

^ this applies to Obama and his college records.

Are you hollering about that or just Mittens taxes? And don't give me that "Mitt is running on his business record, Barry isn't running on his education" crap. Obama ran on his smarts and transparency first time around. He's yet to deliver either.

This thread is about Romney's Bain lie. I was merely suggesting that he release his tax returns to clear this up. Shouldn't be that hard but for some reason he won't do what others running for the job have done.

I don't give a rat's ass about Obama's college records.

Yep, and every other person running for President has released a lot more. The fact that he won't tells me he is hiding something. How transparent would he be as President if he can't even do this simple thing? It was like pulling teeth to get him to do it during the primaries as well. He would actually help himself a lot by doing this. That's why members of his own party are saying he should.

Or he could just let the impression get into the voters mind that he's got something to hide. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I can't stand the guy.

Are you hollering about that or just Mittens taxes? And don't give me that "Mitt is running on his business record, Barry isn't running on his education" crap. Obama ran on his smarts and transparency first time around. He's yet to deliver either.

This thread is about Romney's Bain lie. I was merely suggesting that he release his tax returns to clear this up. Shouldn't be that hard but for some reason he won't do what others running for the job have done.

That's because your love is unconditional.

We understand.

:cuckoo:

We understand.

Whatever that means.

This thread is about Romney's Bain lie. I was merely suggesting that he release his tax returns to clear this up.

Shouldn't be that hard but for some reason he won't do what others running for the job have done.
Obama never did release his college records, did he?

Not releasing taxes OR college records indicates that a person may be hiding something ... but you only bitch about Romney and give Obama a pass. Got it.:eusa_hand:

We understand.

Whatever that means.

That means, it must be hard to get a good supply of oxygen to your brain with your head that far up Obama's ass

:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
All Romney has to do is release his tax returns like all other people running for President have.

He could clear everything up but he won't.

Even members of his own party are asking him to do this.

So why won't he? Does he have something to hide?

How DARE you delve into the Mitten's private affairs!

Ask any Morman... No secrets...nothing to hide.

Move along... nothing to see here.

In fact you should appologise.. Just like Obama..

This thread is about Romney's Bain lie. I was merely suggesting that he release his tax returns to clear this up.

Shouldn't be that hard but for some reason he won't do what others running for the job have done.

Not releasing taxes OR college records indicates that a person may be hiding something ... but you only bitch about Romney and give Obama a pass. Got it.:eusa_hand:

OK then, if you say so. I'm not seeing how Obama's college records matter to the race at all but I'm seeing a huge problem with missing tax returns that Romney has refused to release. The fact that every time I bring this up, Obama's college records are mentioned, tells me that the person is trying to change the subject. And calling me an idiot or cuckoo or some other condescending comment like some have done, tells me they have no argument.

All Romney has to do is release his tax returns like all other people running for President have.

He could clear everything up but he won't.

Even members of his own party are asking him to do this.

So why won't he? Does he have something to hide?

How DARE you delve into the Mitten's private affairs!

Ask any Morman... No secrets...nothing to hide.

Move along... nothing to see here.

In fact you should appologise.. Just like Obama..

Yeah, that'll happen as soon as soon as Obama apologizes to Mitt. I won't hold my breath. :D

OK then, if you say so. I'm not seeing how Obama's college records matter to the race at all but I'm seeing a huge problem with missing tax returns that Romney has refused to release. The fact that every time I bring this up, Obama's college records are mentioned, tells me that the person is trying to change the subject. And calling me an idiot or cuckoo or some other condescending comment like some have done, tells me they have no argument.

when you keep that thread alive you look as big an idiot,. move on.

Romney and his campaign are off message, and people like you would allow them to get back on message against Obama.

see?

lesson over

move on

The subject is a candidate not releasing what other candidates have. Romney should release more tax returns; Obama should release his college records because for either to not do that makes it look like they may be hiding something. You don't see that fact pertaining to Obama, only to Romney. Like I said, got it.

College records would show whether or not Obama claimed foreign student status to get grants and/or scholarships to attend Occidental College or Columbia University. Seeing as how his publisher claimed for 10 years that he was born in Kenya, I think that's a reasonable question. If he did, it would prove once and for all that the man is Constitutionally ineligible to serve as President.

Tax records, on the other hand, wouldn't show shit other than Mitt Romney made a LOT of money. They wouldn't show whether or not he was in control of Bain between 1999-2002, regardless of how much money he earned. As the OWNER, he was entitled to his 'cut', good or bad, from the operating decisions made by his partners. There is nothing in those documents that would disprove his assertion that his ownership interest in Bain at that time was strictly PASSIVE.

Romney and his campaign are off message, and people like you would allow them to get back on message against Obama.

see?

lesson over

move on

You tell him, Coach!

You're going to have to file a report and dock his pay, aren't you?

Maybe send him back to Media Matters for some remedial tutoring?

College records would show whether or not Obama claimed foreign student status to get grants and/or scholarships to attend Occidental College or Columbia University. Seeing as how his publisher claimed for 10 years that he was born in Kenya, I think that's a reasonable question. If he did, it would prove once and for all that the man is Constitutionally ineligible to serve as President.

Tax records, on the other hand, wouldn't show shit other than Mitt Romney made a LOT of money. They wouldn't show whether or not he was in control of Bain between 1999-2002, regardless of how much money he earned. As the OWNER, he was entitled to his 'cut', good or bad, from the operating decisions made by his partners. There is nothing in those documents that would disprove his assertion that his ownership interest in Bain at that time was strictly PASSIVE.

Oh good grief, birther BS-OK then.

see?

lesson over

move on

Right, whatever you say. Anyway..................

see?

lesson over

move on

You tell him, Coach!

You're going to have to file a report and dock his pay, aren't you?

Maybe send him back to Media Matters for some remedial tutoring?

I'm a she. Your wit is astounding. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, you'd think a with a plum like that on his resume he'd be PROUD of what he wrote there.

Get it?

You do understand the difference between an editor and a writer, don't you?

Gimme a fucking break, you can't graduate until you write a thesis.

Hillary did hers on Saul Alinsky...

And?

What's this big fucking deal with Saul Alinsky?

Did he send money to support the rapist and murderers of American Nuns? Like Ronald Reagan?

Did he grant asylum to a terrorist that planted a bomb on a plane killing over 70 people at the behest of his son, Jeb? Like George HW Bush?

Did he back a batshit crazy terrorist that would go on to plan and plot 9/11? Like both George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan?

How many fucking deaths was Saul Alinsky responsible for?

Oh wait..zero.

In fact..what he did was try to find homes for people.

And THAT and the minds of Conservatives..is a fucking huge crime.

Forum List

Back