Ron DeSantis Hit With Brutal Poll Numbers As Covid Surges

Florida and Texas governors are putting themselves in a situation where the fine line between read my lips no mandate and do as I say not as I do

The state is not going to mandate it, it is up to the people to decide

That is how a true leader leads. Says one thing and does another

View attachment 530275

I guess as a governor he wants to leave it up to the people to decide except he is the governor for the state and not just the party in charge.

So are you saying masks don't work but I have to set an example for my people

Do as I say and not as I do
or
Do as I do and don't pay attention to what I say
or white man speaks with fork tongue
Oh brother...

How about, you do not have the right to tell anyone else what they must put into their bodies. This is theirs not your choice you silly fascists.

You’re declaring victory a might early huh?

Based on sketchy numbers as well. Governor Covid is absolutely judging the death numbers. Should the infection numbers he puts out be believed?

Note… they are still higher than at any point in the pandemic until this recent surge and the worst on the nation

No, I've been watching the numbers pretty closely there and understand that when R falls under 1, which it seems to have, it usually means numbers are headed down, and they do seem to be. R hit 1 about a week or so ago, so things should at that point begin to stop increasing in terms of new infections per day, which they have, and R is now under 1, so we would expect cases to begin falling off, which they have.

As I said, it could bounce, but I see no reason to expect that, and the reopening of schools could drive it temporarily higher and/or round the peak, but these should be bumps that shouldn't drive large increases in hospitalizations/deaths either.

This is simply the current data.

No, I've been watching the numbers pretty closely there and understand that when R falls under 1, which it seems to have, it usually means numbers are headed down, and they do seem to be. R hit 1 about a week or so ago,
Post a link to this.

Already did, but here it is again

Our infections metric takes into account the delays mentioned above, and includes individuals who haven't tested positive. Once we estimate the number of new infections each day, we can use that number to produce a more robust estimate of Rt. Present-day estimates of Rt are highly uncertain, and can change dramatically over time. We feel most confident about results for dates which are at least 14 days in the past. Additionally, Rt is easy to misinterpret. In many cases, we expect users will find our Infections per capita metric to be more useful. See here for a discussion of the pitfalls of Rt.

We'll see...but currently Florida is experiencing well over 20,000 infections per day (higher than at any point in the pandemic) and they're lying about the death count

and

“Epidemiologists are quite keen on downplaying R, but the politicians seem to have embraced it with enthusiasm,” says Mark Woolhouse, an infectious-diseases expert at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom, who is a member of a modelling group that advises the British government on the pandemic. “We’re concerned that we’ve created a monster. R does not tell us what we need to know to manage this.”

Our infections metric takes into account the delays mentioned above, and includes individuals who haven't tested positive. Once we estimate the number of new infections each day, we can use that number to produce a more robust estimate of Rt. Present-day estimates of Rt are highly uncertain, and can change dramatically over time. We feel most confident about results for dates which are at least 14 days in the past. Additionally, Rt is easy to misinterpret. In many cases, we expect users will find our Infections per capita metric to be more useful. See here for a discussion of the pitfalls of Rt.

We'll see...but currently Florida is experiencing well over 20,000 infections per day (higher than at any point in the pandemic) and they're lying about the death count

Of course, it is a complicated metric, and this group explains that and explains why their model is structured to weed out certain biases. It is why I use this one, as I've been following them and they are fairly accurate.

Here is the complete text leading into your snip

"Calculating Rt from the reported number of reported cases is complicated. People are typically diagnosed after they have already spread the disease, and many are not diagnosed at all. As diagnostic guidelines loosen and testing availability improves, we expect to see more cases, though the underlying incidence of disease may or may not have changed. Lags in diagnosis, diagnostic delays, and changing diagnostic guidelines will all impact case reports, and bias estimates of Rt.

We can avoid these biases by estimating Rt from the number of new infections each day. We estimate new infections using a statistical model that combines information about reported cases, reported deaths, the percentage of the population vaccinated, disease stage duration, and disease severity and mortality risks."

Now yours:

Could it be wrong? Sure and they, and I, have said as much. It has however been trending downward steadily and we are starting to see that in the data of daily case numbers.

If R was still well over 1 daily infection numbers would still be steadily rising. They are not. Could that change? As I have previously stated, sure, however, the data as it sits right now would indicate that things are trending the right direction.

Here is the per capita infection data they mention

Florida.PNG

My issue with DeathSantis is his attempt to be a miniTrump and his horrific handling of the pandemic.

What specifically did he do horribly and what specifically should he have done instead of those horrible policies?

So how's that "freedom from masks" mandate thing going Governor Pudge? Hehehe! Your political career is over!!

Floridians Are Turning on Ron DeSantis as Covid Deaths Hit Record High​

I don't give a fuck what the poll numbers say the propaganda is from Raw Story dumbass.

You always use Rawstory? How about asking those that actually live in Florida...
  • No, that’s a raw sewage garbage piece.

"Quinnipiac did ask the people of Florida. That's where the poll numbers came from Einstein."

Mssge to interested readers: If the news doesn't come direct from Alex Jones or Steve Bannon, then it ain't real.
It is 'Fake News".

Not my rules.
It is the rules of those who live their life out beyond the Right-field warning track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps...."what is the source of the data"?

August 25, 2021

Florida Voters Give Governor DeSantis Mixed Grades, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Nearly 6 In 10 Don't Want DeSantis To Run For President In 2024

So how's that "freedom from masks" mandate thing going Governor Pudge? Hehehe! Your political career is over!!

Floridians Are Turning on Ron DeSantis as Covid Deaths Hit Record High​

You wanted Governor methhead giggolo dick sucker and butt fucker?

How would he have been a better governor?

Play exclusively to the base, and that'll happen.

States don't use an electoral college system, so unlike Republican presidential candidates, he actually has to win the popular vote. Might be something for him to keep in mind.

Sure, Rockem Sockem Robot,

The Democrats aren't in trouble over your endless moronic restrictions on our freedom, it's anyone who opposes them! That's the ticket! But sure, you believe that. Next year when you get your arse handed to you in the midterms you'll be so confused.

You fucked up when you told us to get the vaccine to return to normal life, then when we did you not only reneged but hate us more than anti-vaxers. You're going to pay for that. But you believe it's anyone who doesn't want to continue to carry papers and get vaccinated and still wear masks who are the ones in trouble.

Oh, come on, the tears a flowing again? Shit, guy, OK, just go ahead and cry ...

:itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok:

Mssge to interested readers: If the news doesn't come direct from Alex Jones or Steve Bannon, then it ain't real.
It is 'Fake News".

Not my rules.
It is the rules of those who live their life out beyond the Right-field warning track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps...."what is the source of the data"?

August 25, 2021

Florida Voters Give Governor DeSantis Mixed Grades, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Nearly 6 In 10 Don't Want DeSantis To Run For President In 2024

^
FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!

Forum List

Back