Ron DeSantis 'Will Destroy Our Democracy,' Says Fascism Expert

This is a private organization being punished. Not one government v. another government.

And DeSantis took it even further. He had a board of his cronies created to oversee Disney's infrastructure.....including the head of an Evangelical Christian Ministry.

Now if Disney says anything DeSantis OR this Evangelical Church don't like........Disney can be punished. Garbage services can be withheld, vital infrastructure projects denied, construction rejected, even highways built through the middle of DisneyWorld. This board can borrow money at unfavorable terms....and Disney is on the hook for it. They can raise tax rates. Or lower them until maintenance of vital infrastructure is untenable.

If Disney releases a movie with a character that DeSantis or this Evangelical Church doesn't like.....Disney can be punished.

If Disney does anything out of sync with the conservative agenda......Disney can be punished.

This is the conservative conception of 'free speech'. And conservatives want to export it nation wide.

Troll alert

The Sinaloa cartel has been folded into your insanity? Wasn't the ghost of Hugo Chavez enough delusion?

I recently learned that the Cartel has been supporting the democrat Party in the southern USA with Fentanyl and human trafficking overlapping both organizations

This is a private organization being punished. Not one government v. another government.

And DeSantis took it even further. He had a board of his cronies created to oversee Disney's infrastructure.....including the head of an Evangelical Christian Ministry.

Now if Disney says anything DeSantis OR this Evangelical Church don't like........Disney can be punished. Garbage services can be withheld, vital infrastructure projects denied, construction rejected, even highways built through the middle of DisneyWorld. This board can borrow money at unfavorable terms....and Disney is on the hook for it. They can raise tax rates. Or lower them until maintenance of vital infrastructure is untenable.

If Disney releases a movie with a character that DeSantis or this Evangelical Church doesn't like.....Disney can be punished.

If Disney does anything out of sync with the conservative agenda......Disney can be punished.

This is the conservative conception of 'free speech'. And conservatives want to export it nation wide.
The Obama Administration used its power to go after rightwing non- profits, how is that different from DeSantis going after Disney? Why do you condemn one and not the other? Disney was using a tax loophole that Democrats raise hell about but it is okay for Disney?

Like I said, I dislike DeSantis and what he did to Disney is wrong but he is no different than the Democrats that you fail to call out. It is the hypocrisy and the justifying of wrong that each side does that is disturbing. Democrats and Republicans are no different, they just excuse their own wrongdoing. I also dislike sweetheart tax deal Disney gets, but that doesn’t excuse DeSantis for what he did.

I say 5 will getcha 10 that before too long we're gonna find
out as we did with the Fake - Russian Collusion - narrative
and Fake way the Hunter Laptop breaking news was applied.
Plus many other narratives like the Summer of Love and now
January 6th outting with over 41,oo hrs of video that The Election of
2020 WAS Rigged.Like the Most dastardly applied Covid 19
pandemic response.That was historic and will never go away into
the sunset.Like some Hero on a Horse.
A friend has pointed this out to me. The Democrats used the COVID virus to steal the election and send America into decline. Pure evil.

I recently learned that the Cartel has been supporting the democrat Party in the southern USA with Fentanyl and human trafficking overlapping both organizations

You do realize that can't back up anything you've said with evidence, yes?

That you've allowed your political views to drive you quite mad.

And exactly as I said, conservatives are delighted that DeSantis used the power of the State to punish Disney for exercising free speech and criticizing conservatives.

Using the power of the State to punish those who criticize conservatives is the purest expression of the conservative vision of 'free speech'.
Not punishing Disney….eliminating a special privilege it never should have had in the first place.

Let’s do a carve-out for Hobby Horse so that THEY get special tax advantages, why don’t we?

Come on leftists always do this.
No, I mean do you really think DeSantis is doing anything about it??? Token theatrics for the rubes.

To be sure, he's throwing his weight around and bullying his political enemies. But if you think he gives a single shit about the safety of children, well, "there's one born every minute'

Also, lizard people and space lasers. Not all learning is created equal.

Not punishing Disney….eliminating a special privilege it never should have had in the first place.

Let’s do a carve-out for Hobby Horse so that THEY get special tax advantages, why don’t we?

It was explicit punishment. DeSantis in no way hid his intentions.

“You’re a corporation based in Burbank, California, and you’re gonna marshal your economic might to attack the parents of my state,” DeSantis said Friday before signing the bill into law at a ceremony in Hialeah Gardens. “We view that as a provocation, and we’re going to fight back against that.”

ANd of course, you're perfectly okay with DeSantis using the power of the State to punish free speech that is criticizes Conservatives. Demonstrating elegantly the lie that was was always conservative commitment to free speech.

And then DeSantis took it a step further. He had a board of his cronies created to oversee Disney's infrastructure.....including the head of an Evangelical Christian Ministry.

This is the conservative conception of 'free speech'. And conservatives want to export it nation wide

The Obama Administration used its power to go after rightwing non- profits, how is that different from DeSantis going after Disney?

It isn't. Neither should be acceptable. If one found one wrong, I can't understand how they wouldn't find both wrong.

That so many will defend one or the other is why I call the two parties little more than cults today.

Why do you condemn one and not the other? Disney was using a tax loophole that Democrats raise hell about but it is okay for Disney?

Like I said, I dislike DeSantis and what he did to Disney is wrong but he is no different than the Democrats that you fail to call out. It is the hypocrisy and the justifying of wrong that each side does that is disturbing. Democrats and Republicans are no different, they just excuse their own wrongdoing. I also dislike sweetheart tax deal Disney gets, but that doesn’t excuse DeSantis for what he did.

One can find where I condemned Obama so I have every right to condemn DeSantis today. I agree with you in that I can not understand how anyone finds any of it acceptable and continues to support the cults.

Where’s that link I asked for, backing up your preposterous claims?

Already provided. You refused to follow it or educate yourself in anyway.

Your willful ignorance is not my responsibility.

Also, lizard people and space lasers. Not all learning is created equal.
FqBL45vakAA39iO.jpg

It was explicit punishment. DeSantis in no way hid his intentions.

“You’re a corporation based in Burbank, California, and you’re gonna marshal your economic might to attack the parents of my state,” DeSantis said Friday before signing the bill into law at a ceremony in Hialeah Gardens. “We view that as a provocation, and we’re going to fight back against that.”

ANd of course, you're perfectly okay with DeSantis using the power of the State to punish free speech that is criticizes Conservatives. Demonstrating elegantly the lie that was was always conservative commitment to free speech.

And then DeSantis took it a step further. He had a board of his cronies created to oversee Disney's infrastructure.....including the head of an Evangelical Christian Ministry.

This is the conservative conception of 'free speech'. And conservatives want to export it nation wide

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Yeah.....you know you can't back those claims up with evidence, right?

Though that's never stopped you before.

:laughing0301::spank:

Whatcha think about that, cupcake? :D

Forum List

Back