Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

It just goes to show you why Ron Paul is not fit to be President

If a hurricane or earthquake hit your state, Ron Paul would shrug his shoulders, smirk and say.......Sorry

Had to throw in the smirk, yes down deep he's Satan and takes joy in these things.

When you at least try not to be so hyperpartisan, which I've seen you do, you're a lot better poster.

It's just the standard, "you have to support gov't over charity" view that liberals have. If you don't like welfare you hate poor people, if you don't like social security you hate old people, if you don't support gov't aid you hate anyone who receives it. It's the standard way of thinking when all your viewpoints are based on emotion, and not intellect.

Well.....what is it?

If Ron Paul was president when Katrina hit, would he send federal aid or claim it is not the Governments job?

America wants to know

If a hurricane or earthquake hit your state, Ron Paul would shrug his shoulders, smirk and say.......Sorry

Had to throw in the smirk, yes down deep he's Satan and takes joy in these things.

When you at least try not to be so hyperpartisan, which I've seen you do, you're a lot better poster.

It's just the standard, "you have to support gov't over charity" view that liberals have. If you don't like welfare you hate poor people, if you don't like social security you hate old people, if you don't support gov't aid you hate anyone who receives it. It's the standard way of thinking when all your viewpoints are based on emotion, and not intellect.

Well.....what is it?

If Ron Paul was president when Katrina hit, would he send federal aid or claim it is not the Governments job?

America wants to know

He wouldn't have had the FEMA disaster, I agree. I was wondering why your childish smirk remark was necessary.

Well.....what is it?

America wants to know

WHEN the governor requested it, Ron Paul would have sent in whatever federal equipment was necessary to clear the roads, repair the levees, and take care of the immediately criticial emergency. He would never have authorized a bunch of crappy mobile homes and living expenses at federal expense to house people indefintely. He would never have given the states blank checks to do whatever they wished with them. He would not have issued $2,000 debit cards to just about anybody living in the area with absolutely no restraint on what was done with those cards. He would not have budgeted billions of dollars for years to come, much less billions of dollars with no plan for what they were to accomplish.

And because he would not have done that, the recovery would have been handled much more efficiently and effectively than it has been. Or incompetent politicians would be out on their ears and people elected who were up to the job and the states would have been far better off.

Well.....what is it?

America wants to know

He wouldn't have had the FEMA disaster, I agree. I was wondering why your childish smirk remark was necessary.

Ron Paul tends to smirk

What does Ron Paul need FEMA for? Is that another agency he wants to kill?

You didn't answer.......would Ron Paul have sent federal aid after Katrina?

Well.....what is it?

America wants to know

WHEN the governor requested it, Ron Paul would have sent in whatever federal equipment was necessary to clear the roads, repair the levees, and take care of the immediately criticial emergency. He would never have authorized a bunch of crappy mobile homes and living expenses at federal expense to house people indefintely. He would never have given the states blank checks to do whatever they wished with them. He would not have issued $2,000 debit cards to just about anybody living in the area with absolutely no restraint on what was done with those cards. He would not have budgeted billions of dollars for years to come, much less billions of dollars with no plan for what they were to accomplish.

And because he would not have done that, the recovery would have been handled much more efficiently and effectively than it has been. Or incompetent politicians would be out on their ears and people elected who were up to the job and the states would have been far better off.

That is what you would do

I haven't seen anything that says Ron Paul supports government involvement in disaster relief

What is it Libertarians.......it ain't specifically in the Constitution, would Paul help Americans in need?

We have had our home, automobiles, and business property insured with State Farm for decades now and my husband is a (now retired) senior general all lines insurance adjuster that has worked all manner of catastophe's including hurricanes. We have never seen State Farm EVER refuse to pay a claim that they owed. The problem is with people who don't understand what their policies do and don't cover.

No. The problem was that State Farm engaged in illegal and malicious business practices and fraud. That was the problem.

The standard Homeowner's policy covers fire, wind, hail, and other normal perils. It does not cover business property, flood damage, or earthquake damage. Such coverage is available as rider's or separate policies however. If you are renting a place, the owner's insurance will not cover your stuff even in case of fire, wind, hail or other normal perils. You need to buy your own renter's insurance.

Again immediate emergency assistance in a major catastrophe is appropriate for the Federal government if local or state services are inadequate. It should not be replacing property that should have been insured, it should not be supporting displaced people indefinitely, and it should not be doing anything other than immediate necessary emergency assistance.

I'm not saying you're lying about State Farm as I believe you are simply relaying your personal experience and perceptions. I think you are simply uninformed on the subject. The facts support my claim and contradict yours:

$8M Punitive Damages Award against State Farm Upheld

Exclusive: Whistleblowers Say State Farm Cheated Katrina Victims - ABC News

State Farm Insurance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"This followed on the heels of criminal investigations by the states of Louisiana and Mississippi, which found that State Farm had wrongly denied claims stemming from Hurricane Katrina."

Well.....what is it?

America wants to know

We have seen the childish smirk out of Ron Paul before..

He used it in the "Let him die" response for someone who has not bought health insurance

Now we see Ron Paul's response to people who's lives have been destroyed in a tornado......Screw them

It's what you can expect from a Libertarian President

We have had our home, automobiles, and business property insured with State Farm for decades now and my husband is a (now retired) senior general all lines insurance adjuster that has worked all manner of catastophe's including hurricanes. We have never seen State Farm EVER refuse to pay a claim that they owed. The problem is with people who don't understand what their policies do and don't cover.

No. The problem was that State Farm engaged in illegal and malicious business practices and fraud. That was the problem.

The standard Homeowner's policy covers fire, wind, hail, and other normal perils. It does not cover business property, flood damage, or earthquake damage. Such coverage is available as rider's or separate policies however. If you are renting a place, the owner's insurance will not cover your stuff even in case of fire, wind, hail or other normal perils. You need to buy your own renter's insurance.

Again immediate emergency assistance in a major catastrophe is appropriate for the Federal government if local or state services are inadequate. It should not be replacing property that should have been insured, it should not be supporting displaced people indefinitely, and it should not be doing anything other than immediate necessary emergency assistance.

I'm not saying you're lying about State Farm as I believe you are simply relaying your personal experience and perceptions. I think you are simply uninformed on the subject. The facts support my claim and contradict yours:

$8M Punitive Damages Award against State Farm Upheld

Exclusive: Whistleblowers Say State Farm Cheated Katrina Victims - ABC News

State Farm Insurance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"This followed on the heels of criminal investigations by the states of Louisiana and Mississippi, which found that State Farm had wrongly denied claims stemming from Hurricane Katrina."

Wow, what do you know, our legal system WORKED.

The guilty party is held accountable.

Surprising really, considering we're trapped in your 'No Fault' Society.

Well.....what is it?

America wants to know

He used it in the "Let him die" response for someone who has not bought health insurance

Now we see Ron Paul's response to people who's lives have been destroyed in a tornado......Screw them

Liar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0]Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube[/ame]

No smirk.

Liar.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0]Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube[/ame]

No smirk.

That is a smirk......and if he had a mustache he would have twirled it as he sneered.......Let him die!

dick9we.jpg

Last edited:

Liar.

No smirk.

That is a smirk......and if he had a mustache he would have twirled it as he sneered.......Let him die!

dick9we.jpg

There's nothing even resembling a smirk there.

dick9we.jpg

Nor did Ron Paul say let him die. Wolf Blitzer is the one who inferred that if the federal government doesn't pay for this guy's medical care, we should let him die? (An intentionally loaded and inappropriate question to ask.) Ron said no.....and the clip ended there because I am sure whatever he said next was not convenient for the image ThinkProgress (what a scumbag website that is) wanted to implant in people's mind.

I can't believe how much I'm defending Ron Paul on this thread and I have no intention of voting for the guy ever, unless he by some fluke does snag the GOP nomination. But sheesh some of the stuff he is being accused of is sooooo dishonest and so over the top, anybody with any sense of decency has to speak up. I think of all the politicians in Washington, Ron Paul is one of the most honest. And though there are sufficient areas in which I disagree with him so that I can't support him for President, I don't have to think everything he says is wrong or that he is anything but a good decent person.

Wanting and expecting Americans to take responsibility for their own choices, risks, options, and behavior and a belief that it is wrong to expect others to assume that responsibility for them is NOT in any sense, way, or form wishing any bad luck or harm to come to anybody.

I'm not sure some leftists are able to even consider, much less understand that truth, however.

Last edited:

dick9we.jpg

Nor did Ron Paul say let him die. Wolf Blitzer is the one who inferred that if the federal government doesn't pay for this guy's medical care, we should let him die? (An intentionally loaded and inappropriate question to ask.) Ron said no.....and the clip ended there because I am sure whatever he said next was not convenient for the image ThinkProgress (what a scumbag website that is) wanted to implant in people's mind.

I can't believe how much I'm defending Ron Paul on this thread and I have no intention of voting for the guy ever, unless he by some fluke does snag the GOP nomination. But sheesh some of the stuff he is being accused of is sooooo dishonest and so over the top, anybody with any sense of decency has to speak up. I think of all the politicians in Washington, Ron Paul is one of the most honest. And though there are sufficient areas in which I disagree with him so that I can't support him for President, I don't have to think everything he says is wrong or that he is anything but a good decent person.

Wanting and expecting Americans to take responsibility for their own choices, risks, options, and behavior and a belief that it is wrong to expect others to assume that responsibility for them is NOT in any sense, way, or form wishing any bad luck or harm to come to anybody.

I'm not sure some leftists are able to even consider, much less understand that truth, however.

Ron Paul humiliated himself on that stage.

His initial response was .....if he doesn't have insurance, he took the risk and should face the consequences

Which means........Let him die!

How would John McCain have reacted if someone in the audience yelled....Let him Die!
McCain would have called the man out and said "This is America, we do not let people die"

Ron Paul and every other republican on that stage said nothing

Last edited:

His initial response was .....if he doesn't have insurance, he took the risk and should face the consequences

Uhh... no.

How would John McCain have reacted if someone in the audience yelled....Let him Die!
McCain would have called the man out and said "This is America, we do not let people die"

I'm really glad you illustrated your hyper-partisanship with such an OBVIOUS example.

Sound bite crucifixion, where a reply is cut off at a point to make it mean whatever you WANT it to.

Hack!

I have a whole house automatic gen and 500 gal of propane to run it and plenty of food.
Cant smoke any pot with the bible thumpers here though :(

fuck them....its your house....they would probably take a hit if you lit up outback .....i smoked pot with lots of "born again's" back when.....

I'm really glad you illustrated your hyper-partisanship with such an OBVIOUS example.

Sound bite crucifixion, where a reply is cut off at a point to make it mean whatever you WANT it to.

Hack!

That was Paul's initial reply on what we should do with a man in a coma who does not have insurance.......basically, he made his bed let him sleep in it

When given a second chance to reply, he blabbered about letting some church pay for it

Hack!

That was Paul's initial reply on what we should do with a man in a coma who does not have insurance.......basically, he made his bed let him sleep in it

When given a second chance to reply, he blabbered about letting some church pay for it

Left wing doubletalk ... ^^^ Example #2 ^^^

Nowhere did he say "Let him die", to continue with that obvious falsehood further illustrates your hackery.

Hack!

I have been listening to Ron Paul for quite a few years no, and I do not believe he said, inferred, or suggested anything even close to your first statement. So give me a reliable source or it didn't happen.

I can believe that he would point out the private assistance and help that is available to people because we all do that, Again, there are a whole lot of good reasons why the responsiblity for health care and all forms of government charity should not be the prerogative of the federal government. What is done at the state and local level is a whole different thing. And expecting our fellow Americans to be grown ups and prepare themselves to support themselves or be at the mercy of the charity of others is not an uncompassionate or inhumane position to take.

Republicans are fucking heartless.

so is Gov Jerry Brown for cutting aid to the Handicapped,Elderly and infirmed....the heartless motherfucker.....he could of stood up for those people.....but those heartless Democrats in the Assembly backed him....fucking heartless bastards....everyone of them....

Forum List

Back