Ron Paul's influence going forward

Congrats to Obama on four more years. I'm hoping he breaks the US credit line and spirals us into a liquidity trap. This country will never fix itself up until it's completely broken.

bleed.jpg

I didn't say robber barons wouldn't exist without the U.S. government. I said they wouldn't exist without government.

Ron Paul's ultimately no different than Romney. Let me ask you this. Should we have a government of, by, and for We, the People or should we have one that is governed by a powerful elite made up of the super-rich, multi-national corporations, and well-paid shills who do their bidding? Because if we went with Ron Paul's no regulations and free trade, that's exactly what we would get.

It seems that the shift from FDR's vision of We the People to Ron Paul or Reagan's vision of corporate governance has only happened in the past thirty years - when Reagan, in his first inaugural address, declared war on We the People by saying: "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."

Sounds like Ron Paul and Romney.

We should have a government that follows the CONSTITUTION...that is what ron paul says. You make yourself look like a moron...maybe you are but seriously consider reading up before posting stupid shit...it is embarrassing for you. Ron Paul is against CORPORATISM and for CAPITALISM...the two are different...sigh you know what I am wasting my time trying to educate another moron on this board. No thanks.

paulian's don't know what the constitution is.

Ron Paul's ultimately no different than Romney. Let me ask you this. Should we have a government of, by, and for We, the People or should we have one that is governed by a powerful elite made up of the super-rich, multi-national corporations, and well-paid shills who do their bidding? Because if we went with Ron Paul's no regulations and free trade, that's exactly what we would get.

It seems that the shift from FDR's vision of We the People to Ron Paul or Reagan's vision of corporate governance has only happened in the past thirty years - when Reagan, in his first inaugural address, declared war on We the People by saying: "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."

We should have a government that follows the CONSTITUTION...that is what ron paul says. You make yourself look like a moron...maybe you are but seriously consider reading up before posting stupid shit...it is embarrassing for you. Ron Paul is against CORPORATISM and for CAPITALISM...the two are different...sigh you know what I am wasting my time trying to educate another moron on this board. No thanks.

Which is why Ron Paul is called the "Champion of the Constitution" by millions of people. Tell me...where does it say in the Constitution that the Congress can create a central bank, run by independent corrupt bankers? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOq3O8g1xw4]Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul - YouTube[/ame]

At this point there are over 200 unpledged delegates, and chances are that Ron Paul is going to take about 80% of them. This alone is going to screw up most everyone's 'estimates' and will put Ron Paul in 2nd place behind Mitt.

You don't have to like it, Liability, but you WILL see it play out in Tampa.

I think it's going to be a HOOT!!

There is no valid reason to believe the wishful thinking that RuPaul will "take" unpledged delegates in any significant numbers.

There is nothing on the face of God's green Earth that will get RuPaul out of last place.

I don't know that there WILL be a brokered convention. But I do see it is a possibility. And that WOULD be a hoot --

just not one that has any utility for RuPaul's loyal cadre of fantasists.

Then it is completely unanimous isnt it. Democrats havent followed that piece of paper since they became a party.

liability, do you even know who Ru Paul is or do you just listen to Mark Levin too much?

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

I know about Dr. RuPaul from my own independent investigation.

You apparently never really bothered.

I grant you, the old geezer DOES say some things I like. But he has also said amazingly stupid shit which I find completely unacceptable.

But, more to the point: the old buzzard has no electoral chance whatsoever.

Thankfully.

liability, do you even know who Ru Paul is or do you just listen to Mark Levin too much?

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

I grant you, the old geezer DOES say some things I like. But he has also said amazingly stupid shit which I find completely unacceptable.

Thankfully.

Dude, calm the fuck down. I am not arguing about RON PAUL's chances...I am simply asking why do you insist on replacing his name with the name of an african american drag queen? What does that accomplish and how is the comparison legit? Am I missing something here?

AK, SD and ME lol Paul strategy was to win the states with the lowest delegates amounts! LOL great strategy!

His influence going forward is as it was from the beginning nothing. All Paul did was prop up Santorum (like he did for Huckabee in '08), when Santorum challenged him! Let him supporters do what they want to do and his hardcore supporters would vote for Obama or the GOP, so what does it matter?

I happened upon this old article from 2008.

McCain in talks with Ron Paul for backing - Washington Times

It shows that the GOP nominee even back in 2008, when Paul had less than half of the support he has now in 2012, knew that he needed Ron Paul and his supporters.

So what about now?

Well we know Ron Paul's delegate strategy is doing better than the media is reporting, but we also know that he didn't win the straw poll in any of the states that he needed to win. We can argue about the obvious fraud that occurred in Maine, but it doesn't matter. Romney won, fair or not. Not to mention how Paul underperformed in states like Alaska and North Dakota.

Regardless, the GOP nominee, whether it's Romney or Santorum (My money's still on Romney), is going to need Ron Paul's supporters in November just like McCain did in 2008.

I'm a Ron Paul fan, Liability is right, Ron Paul has the same chance to win as I do.

The politicians in the Republican party would much rather have 4 more years of Obama than 4 or more years of Paul. I have no doubt about that.

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

Thankfully.

Dude, calm the fuck down. I am not arguing about RON PAUL's chances...I am simply asking why do you insist on replacing his name with the name of an african american drag queen? What does that accomplish and how is the comparison legit? Am I missing something here?

Oh. THAT was what you were "asking."

Dude, calm down your own self. :D

You're easily worked up.

RuPaul is a dork. He isn't going to win jack shit.

And any derogatory play on his name has no practical effect. He really can't get lower than "no chance at all." So stop whining.

Ain't that the truth. Funny how they scream the right to privacy is absolute (it is a main philosophy of libertarianism/Paulism), because it's in the constitution. However, what they don't know is a Right to Privacy is NOT in the constitution. It became a fundmental right the Griswold case, based off an interpretation of the constitution!

I'm a Ron Paul fan, Liability is right, Ron Paul has the same chance to win as I do.

The politicians in the Republican party would much rather have 4 more years of Obama than 4 or more years of Paul. I have no doubt about that.

I doubt that the above highlighted sentence is true.

But if it is, then I'm glad I left the GOP.

Personally, although I think Dr. Paul would be a hideous President, as bad as I believe he would be, he'd still be VASTLY better than the incumbent.

Ain't that the truth. Funny how they scream the right to privacy is absolute (it is a main philosophy of libertarianism/Paulism), because it's in the constitution. However, what they don't know is a Right to Privacy is NOT in the constitution. It became a fundmental right the Griswold case, based off an interpretation of the constitution!

citation? You sure you aren't confusing that with the 4th amendment?

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

Thankfully.

In Iowa, Ron Paul supporters have become delegates for other candidates. Under party rules, if the convention is brokered at some point those delegates could be eligible to throw their support behind Dr. Paul.

In Georgia, Paul forces took over or as local GOP officials called it “hijacked” the DeKalb County delegate-selection convention in eastern metropolitan Atlanta. They also missed by a whisker doing the same thing in populous Cobb County.

And in Clark County, Nevada, home to Las Vegas, at the county GOP convention made up of over 2600 delegates, Paul supporters organized and triumphed by electing Paulites to all 14 seats on the ballot for county GOP executive committee board. These 14 new members of the board will make up two-thirds of the ruling body. Consequently, that county’s GOP platform now calls for holding elected officials to their oath to the Constitution, repeal of the 16th Amendment, and a full audit of the Federal Reserve.

Ron Pauls Delegate Strategy May be Working

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

Thankfully.

In Iowa, Ron Paul supporters have become delegates for other candidates. Under party rules, if the convention is brokered at some point those delegates could be eligible to throw their support behind Dr. Paul.

In Georgia, Paul forces took over or as local GOP officials called it “hijacked” the DeKalb County delegate-selection convention in eastern metropolitan Atlanta. They also missed by a whisker doing the same thing in populous Cobb County.

And in Clark County, Nevada, home to Las Vegas, at the county GOP convention made up of over 2600 delegates, Paul supporters organized and triumphed by electing Paulites to all 14 seats on the ballot for county GOP executive committee board. These 14 new members of the board will make up two-thirds of the ruling body. Consequently, that county’s GOP platform now calls for holding elected officials to their oath to the Constitution, repeal of the 16th Amendment, and a full audit of the Federal Reserve.

Fantasy is fun.

I doubt that the above highlighted sentence is true.

But if it is, then I'm glad I left the GOP.

Personally, although I think Dr. Paul would be a hideous President, as bad as I believe he would be, he'd still be VASTLY better than the incumbent.

Paul is fiscal conservative who's big on reducing the size and scope of the federal gov't.

That's the exact opposite of how the republican party is, but it's not the opposite of how Obama is. Hence they'll happily take Obama over Paul. There's too much money at stake for them not to.

Zzzz.

Don't soil yourself.

Thankfully.

Fantasy is fun.

I'll take your word for it.

Fantasy is fun.

I'll take your word for it.

You RELY on your own.

Clearly.

Forum List

Back