Roosevelt: His Bankrupt Policies

I never said such...but did say Roosevelt's poor management prolonged the economic torture Americans faced.
It did.

Here is an example of you making a statement without responding to a refute made about your claim. I even gave a link to a review of the Lebergott vs. Darby methods of unemployment evaluations and the direct impact it has on analysis of your claim of "torture Americans faced".

Here is a humorous minute long clip about what FDR has to say about Republicans telling lies. It is as accurate today as it was 75 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3RHnKYNvx8

BTW, what the hell is a Rosie Boy? Where did you get that name?

Let's do the dance again....

Here are facts I've posted.....see if you can find any error:

.... another chance to learn, to challenge, or to give up.

10. Roosevelt's economic policies were meant not for a nation birthed in freedom and liberty, but for dictatorships.

This explains why Roosevelt's were copied from those of Benito Mussolini and Adolph Hitler.

11. .... the National Industrial Recovery Act, passed in June 1933, whichcreated a massive new bureaucracy... manufacturing industries were suddenly forced into government-mandated cartels.

Codes that regulated prices and terms of sale briefly transformed much of the American economy into a fascist-style arrangement,
.... the NRA boosted the cost of doing business by an average of 40 percent — not something a depressed economy needed for recovery." In the six months after the law took effect,industrial production dropped25 percent.
Through the whole of the NRA period industrial production did not rise as high as it had been in July 1933, before NRA came in.”

a. A New Jersey tailor named Jacob Maged wasarrested and sent to jail for the “crime” of pressing a suit of clothes for 35 cents rather than the NRA-inspired “Tailor’s Code” of 40 cents.

Seig Heil, Rosie-boys?

Ready to admit that every single thing posted above is accurate, true, and undeniable????
Camp can't dance. He's flat-footed and no amount of his mommy and daddy's money could help him. Seen him fail numerous times...
You have a vivid imagination, and a delusional one. PC's questions are easy to refute. She gets destroyed on all of her FDR threads and I do my share of destroying. I am looking at her crap about Jacob Maged and his arrest for breaking the Tailor code as I am typing this. I know more about that case off the top of my head than she will probably ever know. Just the idea that she would use it as an example shows how misinformed she is. Other tailors complained that Maged was not adhering to the minimum prices the tailors had agreed were fair. So, yes, he was arrested after refusing to comply with notice and sent to jail. Three days later the judge brought him back into court and explained to the Polish immigrant that in America you must follow the laws even when you disagree with them. The judge then canceled his arrest, further jail time and the fine before sending him back to his and shop and a booming business created by the local publicity. The NRA was an idea that did not work the way some hoped it would. One of the hit and miss programs used to find resolutions to the symptoms of the depression. Merchants were being forced to sell product and services for below cost and desperation prices. Over all there was a concern about regulating inflation/deflation.

Nixon tried a comparative price and wage control in 1971 that were generally supported by the public. So when FDR tried it it was a horrible act of communism but when Nixon did it it was ok OK and excepted. So a half century lets forget Nixon doing it and just attack FDR doing a three fourths of a century ago with a lame anecdotal example of an immigrant tailor.

With you it is Reagan. Whenever you go on your Reagan kick you get your ass handed to you too. Only thing you got going for you is you have regular access to my favorite Praha eatery in Andel.
Come on kid. You got a fundamental education and browsed a couple of dingbat sites for mantras and talking points and you think you can actually match those with experience.

Fucking trustafarian: Urban Dictionary trustafarian

Wimp, but spare me your protestations, some things are obvious.

. Our liberals spied for Stalin and Mao? LOL, what the fuck are you talking about?

dear, not only did they spy but they gave Stalin the bomb and some were hung. Are you a typical liberal illiterate?
You calling spy's liberal does not make it so. Who are you to make that determination? It is a straight out lie and very old propaganda talking point used
I never said such...but did say Roosevelt's poor management prolonged the economic torture Americans faced.
It did.

Here is an example of you making a statement without responding to a refute made about your claim. I even gave a link to a review of the Lebergott vs. Darby methods of unemployment evaluations and the direct impact it has on analysis of your claim of "torture Americans faced".

Here is a humorous minute long clip about what FDR has to say about Republicans telling lies. It is as accurate today as it was 75 years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=S3RHnKYNvx8

BTW, what the hell is a Rosie Boy? Where did you get that name?

Let's do the dance again....

Here are facts I've posted.....see if you can find any error:

.... another chance to learn, to challenge, or to give up.

10. Roosevelt's economic policies were meant not for a nation birthed in freedom and liberty, but for dictatorships.

This explains why Roosevelt's were copied from those of Benito Mussolini and Adolph Hitler.

11. .... the National Industrial Recovery Act, passed in June 1933, whichcreated a massive new bureaucracy... manufacturing industries were suddenly forced into government-mandated cartels.

Codes that regulated prices and terms of sale briefly transformed much of the American economy into a fascist-style arrangement,
.... the NRA boosted the cost of doing business by an average of 40 percent — not something a depressed economy needed for recovery." In the six months after the law took effect,industrial production dropped25 percent.
Through the whole of the NRA period industrial production did not rise as high as it had been in July 1933, before NRA came in.”

a. A New Jersey tailor named Jacob Maged wasarrested and sent to jail for the “crime” of pressing a suit of clothes for 35 cents rather than the NRA-inspired “Tailor’s Code” of 40 cents.

Seig Heil, Rosie-boys?

Ready to admit that every single thing posted above is accurate, true, and undeniable????
Camp can't dance. He's flat-footed and no amount of his mommy and daddy's money could help him. Seen him fail numerous times...
You have a vivid imagination, and a delusional one. PC's questions are easy to refute. She gets destroyed on all of her FDR threads and I do my share of destroying. I am looking at her crap about Jacob Maged and his arrest for breaking the Tailor code as I am typing this. I know more about that case off the top of my head than she will probably ever know. Just the idea that she would use it as an example shows how misinformed she is. Other tailors complained that Maged was not adhering to the minimum prices the tailors had agreed were fair. So, yes, he was arrested after refusing to comply with notice and sent to jail. Three days later the judge brought him back into court and explained to the Polish immigrant that in America you must follow the laws even when you disagree with them. The judge then canceled his arrest, further jail time and the fine before sending him back to his and shop and a booming business created by the local publicity. The NRA was an idea that did not work the way some hoped it would. One of the hit and miss programs used to find resolutions to the symptoms of the depression. Merchants were being forced to sell product and services for below cost and desperation prices. Over all there was a concern about regulating inflation/deflation.

Nixon tried a comparative price and wage control in 1971 that were generally supported by the public. So when FDR tried it it was a horrible act of communism but when Nixon did it it was ok OK and excepted. So a half century lets forget Nixon doing it and just attack FDR doing a three fourths of a century ago with a lame anecdotal example of an immigrant tailor.

With you it is Reagan. Whenever you go on your Reagan kick you get your ass handed to you too. Only thing you got going for you is you have regular access to my favorite Praha eatery in Andel.
Come on kid. You got a fundamental education and browsed a couple of dingbat sites for mantras and talking points and you think you can actually match those with experience.

Fucking trustafarian: Urban Dictionary trustafarian

Wimp, but spare me your protestations, some things are obvious.

I use links and factual data to back up my positions. You are just another one of those who talk the walk but when called to walk the walk, fail. Your positions are based on opinions and data retrieved by reading commentaries. You can't walk the walk let alone dance.

FDR still number one PC, top of the heap, the best we've ever had. That doesn't mean FDR always will be our greatest president, new presidents come along and some might be better, but none will probably be elected by the American people four times in a row.
On the bright side for Republicans is the chance that as new presidents come along one will be worse than Bush and capture that fifth worst American president title. Might even have some in the bull pen now warming up.
Keep em flying

I use links and factual data to back up my positions. You are just another one of those who talk the walk but when called to walk the walk, fail. Your positions are based on opinions and data retrieved by reading commentaries. You can't walk the walk let alone dance.
Yeah Camp. Trust me, getting a BA and thinking you know something of the world is certainly going to be a shock sooner or later. Minimalism is not the answer, but that's a pearl of wisdom doubtlessly wasted on you.

To paraphrase Edmond Rostand....

"And now...as I end my refrain....
....thrust home!"

None of the Rosie-boys have been able to answer.... much less refute....any of the posts that skewered Roosevelt's bogus economic policy credentials.

Not a single one.

Now to show what the opposite would be......now for a real recession-fighter.

For purposes of comparison, polices the exact opposite of those of Roosevelt ended an equally severe recession in a fraction of the time that FDR's did.

14. "[Warren G.] Harding inherited Wilson's mess— in particular, a post–World War I depression that was almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933 that FDR would later inherit. The estimated gross national product plunged 24 percent from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million to 4.9 million.

One of Harding's campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and called for tax cuts in his first message to Congress on April 12, 1921. The highest taxes, on corporate revenues and "excess" profits, were to be cut. Personal income taxes were to be left as is, with a top rate of 8 percent of incomes above $4,000. Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging the investment that is essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did."

http://www.n-philes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=50819272&postcount=1

15. "As a result, the recession that started in 1920 ended before 1923. Lower taxes and reduced regulation helped America's economy quickly adjust after the war as entrepreneurs and capital were freed to create jobs and push the economy to recover. Harding's free market policies lead to the Roaring Twenties, known for technological advances, women's rights, the explosion of the middle class, and some of the most rapid economic growth in American history. Still, he is ranked as one of the worst presidents by many in academia's ivory tower."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obama_should_channel_harding_n.htm

Certainly Roosevelt was a megalomaniac....but was he stupid?
Did he not know of Harding's success, of his methods???

Or was there another reason for FDR's counter-intuitive policies.....policies which led down the path to a dictatorship....

After all, he was on more than amiable terms with Adolph Hitler, Benito Mussolini, and even closer with Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili....Joseph Stalin.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt....the poster child for Lord Acton's warning:
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

His economic policy was less about the economy and more about stealing power.

....thrust home!"

None of the Rosie-boys have been able to answer.... much less refute....any of the posts that skewered Roosevelt's bogus economic policy credentials.

Not a single one.

For purposes of comparison, polices the exact opposite of those of Roosevelt ended an equally severe recession in a fraction of the time that FDR's did.

14. "[Warren G.] Harding inherited Wilson's mess— in particular, a post–World War I depression that was almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933 that FDR would later inherit. The estimated gross national product plunged 24 percent from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million to 4.9 million.

One of Harding's campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and called for tax cuts in his first message to Congress on April 12, 1921. The highest taxes, on corporate revenues and "excess" profits, were to be cut. Personal income taxes were to be left as is, with a top rate of 8 percent of incomes above $4,000. Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging the investment that is essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did."

15. "As a result, the recession that started in 1920 ended before 1923. Lower taxes and reduced regulation helped America's economy quickly adjust after the war as entrepreneurs and capital were freed to create jobs and push the economy to recover. Harding's free market policies lead to the Roaring Twenties, known for technological advances, women's rights, the explosion of the middle class, and some of the most rapid economic growth in American history. Still, he is ranked as one of the worst presidents by many in academia's ivory tower."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obama_should_channel_harding_n.htm

Or was there another reason for FDR's counter-intuitive policies.....policies which led down the path to a dictatorship....

After all, he was on more than amiable terms with Adolph Hitler, Benito Mussolini, and even closer with Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili....Joseph Stalin.

:bsflag:

....thrust home!"

Not a single one.

Duly noted that the imbecile who named himself after a failed economic policy has failed to find even a single error, and is reduced to barnyard vernacular.

One more Rosie-boy dissed and dismissed.

....thrust home!"

Not a single one.

Duly noted that the imbecile who named himself after a failed economic policy has failed to find even a single error, and is reduced to barnyard vernacular.

People have been vehemently debunking your bullshit thousands of times on here, and you just ignore them, it's not even worth it. Say what you want.

....thrust home!"

Not a single one.

People have been vehemently debunking your bullshit thousands of times on here, and you just ignore them, it's not even worth it. Say what you want.

None of you has 'debunked' a single one.

So...you are clearly a liar as well as a fool.

Bet you get tired of hearing that from everyone.

....thrust home!"

Not a single one.

Keep talking to yourself, we're laughing.

....thrust home!"

Not a single one.

1. Every single post of mine has been proven to be totally and 100% accurate....based on the fact that none of you Rosie-boys have been able to find a single error.

2. Your opinion has been duly noted...you can go back to your blanket fort and keep coloring.

1. Every single post of mine has been proven to be totally and 100% accurate....based on the fact that none of you Rosie-boys have been able to find a single error.

2. Your opinion has been duly noted...you can go back to your blanket fort and keep coloring.
"1. Every single post of mine has been proven to be totally and 100% accurate....based on the fact that none of you Rosie-boys have been able to find a single error."
LOL.

FDR still number one PC, top of the heap, the best we've ever had. That doesn't mean FDR always will be our greatest president, new presidents come along and some might be better, but none will probably be elected by the American people four times in a row.
On the bright side for Republicans is the chance that as new presidents come along one will be worse than Bush and capture that fifth worst American president title. Might even have some in the bull pen now warming up.
Keep em flying

"FDR still number one PC, top of the heap, the best we've ever had."

If he were, you'd have been able to show that the dozen or so charges that I've provided....linked, sourced, documented....
...weren't so.

He wasn't....you aren't.

"1. Every single post of mine has been proven to be totally and 100% accurate....based on the fact that none of you Rosie-boys have been able to find a single error."
LOL.

But you weren't able to include any.....

....hmmmm......

....pretty much the sign that you're lying, huh?

FDR with the New Deal
The GOP with the raw deal
too stupid, how is capitalism a raw deal when it just eliminated 40% of the world's poverty in China??

Our worst industry is health care because it is most govt controlled. If we switched to Republican capitalism prices would be 20% of what they are now and 10-20 years would be added to our life expectancies.

FDR with the New Deal
too stupid, how is capitalism a raw deal when it just eliminated 40% of the world's poverty in China??

Our worst industry is health care because it is most govt controlled. If we switched to Republican capitalism prices would be 20% of what they are now and 10-20 years would be added to our life expectancies.
Just vote Republican. Your medical insurance will be reduced to a fraction of the cost you pay today and they will add 20 years onto you life. Anyone believe Edward or he insane?

FDR with the New Deal

Just vote Republican. Your medical insurance will be reduced to a fraction of the cost you pay today and they will add 20 years onto you life. Anyone believe Edward or he insane?

dear, when libs ruled China 60 million slowly starved to death. Today under Republican capitalism they are getting rich. Can you grasp the lesson?

FDR with the New Deal

you got to be drunk.........

Forum List

Back