Roosevelt's Greatest Blunder

If FDR had a failing during WW2 it was not reigning in MacArthur. He just let the man do whatever he wanted up to and including diverting the resources in the Pacific War so MacArthur could start his own campaigns just for his ego. That and letting the British decide to let the USAAF take extreme losses by doing daylight bombing.

If FDR had a failing during WW2 it was not reigning in MacArthur. He just let the man do whatever he wanted up to and including diverting the resources in the Pacific War so MacArthur could start his own campaigns just for his ego. That and letting the British decide to let the USAAF take extreme losses by doing daylight bombing.
My thinking on MacArthur was that America needed a hero at the moment. I remember one American hero that took shape a pilot was supposed to have aimed his airplane for a Japanese ship kamikaze style and all untrue. The skypilot in the song was another hero.
MacArthur was pretty much hated by most of us in the Pacific. "Stick with Mac and never get back, Move over God it's me Mac." and on and on. There was no shortage of good American generals and to let that egomaniac command troops was one of FDR's big mistakes.

Stalin sure pulled a fast one on FDR

usa-economy-19451989-3-638.jpg
Not bad for a president who came to power in Hoover's Depression. Look what he did in those years he had in the White House.

Yeah, no U.S. President built concentration camps like FDR did. He was scum.

FDRs greatest blunder:

Letting Stalin lose 25 million while we only lost 400,000
The US moving from the 17th largest military to number one in the world
The US having the only functioning economy at wars end

What was he thinking?

It was not FDR who "let" the SU lose 25 million people.

FDR did not do much to move the US up either. Hitler was the madman that set Europe on fire.

The United States was lucky to have two large oceans protecting US from the carnage.

FDR did show a lack of concern for the Post War situation.

And signing an agreement with Stalin, with the benefit to US is that Stalin promises to have free elections in Soviet Occupied Europe?

Really? What the hell was that about?

The brave soldiers of the USSR sacrificed far more to fight Germany then[sic] the Americans.

It's not like they had any choice in the matter.
They had a choice. In World War one the Russians surrendered to the Germans, and that was always one of the allied fears.

It would have been the end of the soviet. And the boys on the front lines literally had no choice. It was charge ahead poorly armed if at all, or be shot in the back for not doing so.

Nixon And Billy Graham Anti-Semitism Caught On Tape

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.
"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.
"Yes, sir," Graham says.
"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."
"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replies.

Later, Graham mentions that he has friends in the media who are Jewish, saying they "swarm around me and are friendly to me." But, he confides to Nixon, "They don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country."

The brave soldiers of the USSR sacrificed far more to fight Germany then[sic] the Americans.

It's not like they had any choice in the matter.
They had a choice. In World War one the Russians surrendered to the Germans, and that was always one of the allied fears.

It would have been the end of the soviet. And the boys on the front lines literally had no choice. It was charge ahead poorly armed if at all, or be shot in the back for not doing so.
They were fighting for the USSR, to defend their land, they were true soldiers.

Forum List

Back