Roseanne: Black Obama advisor comes from planet of the apes

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

The NFL isn't going to fire their biggest stars if they take a knee.

Rosanne, however, was just insulting and dumb. She needed to get fired.

LOL Roseanne was far and away ABC's best show.

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

The NFL isn't going to fire their biggest stars if they take a knee.

Rosanne, however, was just insulting and dumb. She needed to get fired.

We'll see. However, as the title of the thread states, the firing of Rosanne validates the crackdown on kneelers in the NFL and the subsequent firings that could arise.

They can join the ranks of the Kaperkneeler

-Geaux

OP is fixated on what he thinks is a "crackdown" because that's the convenient illusion.

Kind of like posting a Klan march in Wisconsin and calling it the "Democratic convention" from six months earlier and a thousand miles away. Whatever feeds the self-delusion.

[

ABC has the right to screw themselves if they feel so compelled.

Only a liberally biased entity would be so dumb as to get rid of the hottest show on television over a God Damned tweet.

I'm not a liberal --- but I think it was over the top. Well over. Would you say that about anyone? In print, on Twitter? With your name attached?

It was a needless and pointless crass joke. It was perhaps in bad taste, if only for the total lack of PC. But it was just a joke. The way the network and Sarah Gilbert react, called it "abhorrent" and "reprehensible," I say folks, you need to get a life. They were just words. Jarrett has long been associated with the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Planet of Apes thing, well, apparently in today's world, no one has a sense of humor, no one is excused bad taste, unless you are Steve Colbert or Kathy Griffin, and what is far scarier than Roseanne's off-color tasteless humor is the way the world pulls the rug out and runs in horror, from anything even perceived the slightest bit off-the-wall. Bottom line is that the show was a huge success, and if no one else picks the show up (Fox?), this will cost ABC a lot of money. Apparently in today's world, even apologies are no longer good enough and no one gets a second chance (unless you are Stephen Colbert and Kathy Griffin).

Also talked about Soros being a Nazi Etc... Even super dupes May figure out how many lies they believe....

They shore do love them some Soros lies.

Everyone knows they're lying but they just keep telling and retelling.

They're the very definition of stupid.
I'm not saying stupid, I'm saying ignorant and and totally brainwashed. It's amazing how much detail they know about totally imaginary scandals. It's brilliant garbage LOL

So if Stephen Colbert tweeted out that Trump is a pedophile from his own twitter account you'd have a problem with CBS firing him?
I'd feel precisely the same way.

Since I'm not a partisan ideologue, I get to be honest and consistent.

You wouldn't understand.

Really? If Colbert said Trump was a pedophile then I would find it perfectly understandable for CBS to no longer want to be associated with him. How does that make me a partisan ideologue?

It's kind of like a local business in a small town firing the guy who on his own time calls every woman who walks by his house a whore. In order for you to be consistent you would have to be against his firing. Or, maybe you don't understand.
Yes, you're just too smart for me.

There we go again, Mac. When confronted with your own ideas you can't defend them.
I just don't bother with zealots online.

But you obviously have the time as you chose to respond to me, it;s just that you lack any substance or ability to back up your point. It's usually around 2 or 3 posts in with you that you give up on your argument and declare some sort of win. You literally do this every time.

I may as well be trying to communicate with a Westboro Baptist Church member protesting at the funeral of a fallen soldier. There is simply nothing there.

Not really. I am simply questioning the logic in your post and you have immediately shut down any sort of debate. You seem to be saying that an employer should not fire an employee for something they say/do on their own time regardless of how it reflects or impacts them. Have I correctly described your opinion?

However, and this goes across the board and for any purpose, you're invited to claim victory if that makes you feel good.

I don't need to.

Roseanne made comments the likes of what we see here at USMB, She promptly lost her job. This goes to show that what you guys believe is abnormal and is unacceptable racism. You don't represent all whites and when we talk about you guys being racists we are not talking about all whites.

This isn’t new for Rosanne. Way back when her first show was on it was written that her fellow cast members were constantly annoyed at her public comments. Matter of fact, in those days Rosanne was considered a libturd and you dumb shits loved her for it. Meh. Who cares.

I'm not the one who wrote the job description for who they hire.
frustrating isn't it? being trapped in a snare of your own creation by the one the snare was intended for, it gets so bad that you hope statements like the above come across as so ridiculous that everyone focuses on it instead of the embarrassing faux pas that exposed the true you.

Also talked about Soros being a Nazi Etc... Even super dupes May figure out how many lies they believe....

I'm not saying stupid, I'm saying ignorant and and totally brainwashed. It's amazing how much detail they know about totally imaginary scandals. It's brilliant garbage LOL
And corporate media are cowards and mealy-mouthed....

It’s not that most Americans are outraged over her observations .
It’s that liberals want to force Americans to be and ABC is a good vehicle for that
One way street freedom of speech is fully activated
If George Stephanopolis said something about Melania and her HPV virus that Don gave her and then started talking about how Baron Trump seems autistic, it's possible ABC would fire him.

The Trump family tried to ruin Kathy Griffin. Did you forget that? Just for posting a pic of her holding Trump's bloody head.

Comedian gives press conference and reveals she’s received death threats following severed head photoshoot – but vows not to stop criticizing Trump

Death threats! Your side is threatening Kathy with DEATH???

Sorry we cancelled Rosanne but we never threatened death for her opinions.

“What’s happening to me has never happened,” Griffin said. “A sitting president of the United States and his grown children and the first lady are personally, I feel, trying to ruin my life forever.”

Trump’s oldest son, Donald Jr, called it “disgusting” and urged Griffin to be dropped by her employers.Griffin was fired from her role as co-host of CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage this week.
Holding up Trumps bloody head is nothing but what Roseanne said, not Did like Griffith, is world ending???
People of America. If this unbridled emotive reaction over speech is where America is headed then we will have been in fact fundamentally transformed

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of CONSEQUENCES.
Intimidating and threatening people with "consequences" is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Using your freedom of speech to shut down the freedom of speech of others is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Illiberal authoritarians on both ends of the spectrum lie when they claim they're truly for freedom of speech.

What do you think ABC should have done, then, Mac? I read today that boycotts of both ABC and ABC sponsors were already going viral on Twitter --- I can see that would be a problem. Serious question. What are the alternatives?
In a vacuum, ABC did what it had to do. Rosanne said some stupid shit and they had to fire her.

My point is one level before that, the environment we're in now - a company is far more likely to make a preemptive move because they know the shitstorm they're about to get from the narcissistic, hypersensitive neurotics who control our culture right now. A business has no choice at this point. It's a business decision, not an altruistic statement.

My problem is not with the employer who has to do what they have to do. It's with the illiberal authoritarians who have created and nurtured this environment.

When someone makes a remark involving apes, why do snowflakes always associate it with black people?
Who could imagine why?
So, explain it to us.
When someone makes a remark involving apes, why do snowflakes always associate it with black people?
Who could imagine why?
Explain it, won't you?

Rosanne compares the Obama era with a film series about human beings destroying their civilization, and the link and the OP say she connected apes to black people. Leftard racists once again build a straw man and then can't figure out where the disconnect is when people call them on their racism and stupidity.

I never cared for her or the show. But I am damned tired of the double standards.
Nonsense.

False comparison fallacy.

Pretty sure Gracie was referring to the RWNJs belief that while Barr has the right to spew hate, ABC does not have the right to support it. Or that NFL players have the right to their free speech as well.

Free speech works both ways. Yeah. Pretty sure that's what she meant.

I'm not the one who wrote the job description for who they hire.
frustrating isn't it? being trapped in a snare of your own creation by the one the snare was intended for, it gets so bad that you hope statements like the above come across as so ridiculous that everyone focuses on it instead of the embarrassing faux pas that exposed the true you.

If you say so.

It’s not that most Americans are outraged over her observations .
It’s that liberals want to force Americans to be and ABC is a good vehicle for that
One way street freedom of speech is fully activated
If George Stephanopolis said something about Melania and her HPV virus that Don gave her and then started talking about how Baron Trump seems autistic, it's possible ABC would fire him.

The Trump family tried to ruin Kathy Griffin. Did you forget that? Just for posting a pic of her holding Trump's bloody head.

Comedian gives press conference and reveals she’s received death threats following severed head photoshoot – but vows not to stop criticizing Trump

Death threats! Your side is threatening Kathy with DEATH???

Sorry we cancelled Rosanne but we never threatened death for her opinions.

“What’s happening to me has never happened,” Griffin said. “A sitting president of the United States and his grown children and the first lady are personally, I feel, trying to ruin my life forever.”

Trump’s oldest son, Donald Jr, called it “disgusting” and urged Griffin to be dropped by her employers.Griffin was fired from her role as co-host of CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage this week.
Trump didn't ruin Kathy Griffin.
She did that allllllllllll by herself.

:iagree:

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of CONSEQUENCES.
Intimidating and threatening people with "consequences" is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Using your freedom of speech to shut down the freedom of speech of others is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Illiberal authoritarians on both ends of the spectrum lie when they claim they're truly for freedom of speech.

What do you think ABC should have done, then, Mac? I read today that boycotts of both ABC and ABC sponsors were already going viral on Twitter --- I can see that would be a problem. Serious question. What are the alternatives?

I wouldn't take that too seriously. Broadcast "boycotts" don't work. They can't.

I'd feel precisely the same way.

Since I'm not a partisan ideologue, I get to be honest and consistent.

You wouldn't understand.

Really? If Colbert said Trump was a pedophile then I would find it perfectly understandable for CBS to no longer want to be associated with him. How does that make me a partisan ideologue?

It's kind of like a local business in a small town firing the guy who on his own time calls every woman who walks by his house a whore. In order for you to be consistent you would have to be against his firing. Or, maybe you don't understand.

There we go again, Mac. When confronted with your own ideas you can't defend them.

But you obviously have the time as you chose to respond to me, it;s just that you lack any substance or ability to back up your point. It's usually around 2 or 3 posts in with you that you give up on your argument and declare some sort of win. You literally do this every time.

I may as well be trying to communicate with a Westboro Baptist Church member protesting at the funeral of a fallen soldier. There is simply nothing there.

Not really. I am simply questioning the logic in your post and you have immediately shut down any sort of debate. You seem to be saying that an employer should not fire an employee for something they say/do on their own time regardless of how it reflects or impacts them. Have I correctly described your opinion?

However, and this goes across the board and for any purpose, you're invited to claim victory if that makes you feel good.

I don't need to.
Okie dokie, thanks!

I don't need to.
Okie dokie, thanks!

You're welcome.

They do as they're told.

Putin tells duh donuld and duh donuld tells them. Or the NRA.

I've hunted and have never found any reason for the RWNJs to hate him. He works to help people like them. but, they have been told to hate him and to spew a certain bunch of lies about him.

The really interesting this is that trump has shown his support for nazi/kkk/fascism and they love him for it.

Forum List

Back