Roseanne: Black Obama advisor comes from planet of the apes

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the players union has to say or what they do. Anyone from the screen actors guild sticking up for old Rose?

Furthermore her's was not a protest much less a protest against police brutality.

But I don't think the show should have been cancelled and I don't think the NFL owner did themselves any favors by tiptoeing along the barbed wire fence.

Thanks. I think the NFL is offering an olive branch. Its up to the players to take it, or face the consequences for their actions. Just like Rosanne

-geaux

I watched the 1st show after it was renewed. Was not impressed. Then again, was not impressed with her first show either. Her voice drives me batshit.
I wonder what the others that now have no jobs think about it.

pretending this matters to you is what makes you feel brave.

Still in search of that cogent thought, I see.

She was correct in what she said. Valarie Jarrett is a piece of shit that was one of the villains of the Obama administration and deserves ridicule.

Except that's not what she said. Not that I think this unfunny comedian was capable of an articulate argument against Jarrett.

RWNJs were thrilled to have Roseann on tv to express their beliefs. Well----- that's exactly what she did. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Oh, snap.

Nope. One of the blond Barbies said that a while ago. I'm not sure which one. They are all blond and have big boobs and usually say stupid stuff. Pretty much interchangable.

Likely one of the Democrat blond Barbies. There's an equitable number at FOX.

You know there isn't.

Au contraire, although Jessica Tarlov - the real wacky one with the Russian-ish name - is not a blond.

I suppose there are a few exceptions, but their tits have to be exceptionally large.

And then you have the MSNBC Rachel Maddow model.
See, CNN and MSNBC has actual journalists who have been to college Etc LOL... Their gabfests rather than actual news stories are are pathetic but at least they aren't Fox propaganda whores and bimbos.

Aah yup.

That's how it works

I agree. If they don't stay in the locker room and come out and kneel, they are justified in firing them

-Geaux

They never use to have to come out, as a matter of fact they didn't. So lets see staying in the dugout or kneeling is bad as opening your mouth and crap comes out. LOL

Yep, lets see. And when they are fired for executing their 'Freedom of Speech' by kneeling and speaking for those without a voice they say, I don't want to hear any whining

-Geaux

It’s not that most Americans are outraged over her observations .
It’s that liberals want to force Americans to be and ABC is a good vehicle for that
One way street freedom of speech is fully activated

I enjoyed the cutting remarks on Roseanne. They were pertinent and alive to the right, and the left is foolish to think they are not reflective of how scores of millions of American adults think.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of CONSEQUENCES.
Intimidating and threatening people with "consequences" is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Using your freedom of speech to shut down the freedom of speech of others is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Illiberal authoritarians on both ends of the spectrum lie when they claim they're truly for freedom of speech.

So if Stephen Colbert tweeted out that Trump is a pedophile from his own twitter account you'd have a problem with CBS firing him?
I'd feel precisely the same way.

Since I'm not a partisan ideologue, I get to be honest and consistent.

You wouldn't understand.

Really? If Colbert said Trump was a pedophile then I would find it perfectly understandable for CBS to no longer want to be associated with him. How does that make me a partisan ideologue?

It's kind of like a local business in a small town firing the guy who on his own time calls every woman who walks by his house a whore. In order for you to be consistent you would have to be against his firing. Or, maybe you don't understand.

I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

Agree?

-Geaux
19543.jpg

Clearly you think Obama is hawt.

Here, I got another picture for you to fantasize about.

5177-1507984958-d536a3ca749c49b2716db42248b1db1e.jpg

Intimidating and threatening people with "consequences" is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Using your freedom of speech to shut down the freedom of speech of others is a perversion of the liberal ideal of freedom of speech.

Illiberal authoritarians on both ends of the spectrum lie when they claim they're truly for freedom of speech.

So if Stephen Colbert tweeted out that Trump is a pedophile from his own twitter account you'd have a problem with CBS firing him?

You wouldn't understand.

Really? If Colbert said Trump was a pedophile then I would find it perfectly understandable for CBS to no longer want to be associated with him. How does that make me a partisan ideologue?

It's kind of like a local business in a small town firing the guy who on his own time calls every woman who walks by his house a whore. In order for you to be consistent you would have to be against his firing. Or, maybe you don't understand.
Yes, you're just too smart for me.

And no one believes that the banana eaters of the Alt Right support freedom of speech other than their own.

I wasn't a watcher of this show, but if 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter could go for two more seasons without John Ritter, why can't this show continue as well without its lead character? Why should the rest of the cast be out of a job because of her choice of words?

God bless you and the rest of the cast always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I responded earlier to a comment that 'Freedom of Speech' got Rosanne fired. Agreed. The employer had the right to do so. Then why is what the NFL is requiring of its players any different? Kneelers have been described as practicing 'Freedom of Speech'. Like Rosanne's comments, people are also offended by kneeling during our National Anthem.

The NFL, like ABC, can fire someone who uses 'Freedom of Speech' in a form they disapprove of

Agree?

-Geaux

Actually the NFL relented on its prior insistence that players have to trot out like uniformed marionettes and will now allow them to stay in the locker room, so no.

TV entertainers usually have a "morality clause" meaning they can be terminated for actions that reflect badly on the employer. In the case of the NFL the entity that took action embarrassing to the NFL was the NFL itself, for trotting out an irrelevant charade during what's supposed to be a football game.

Can they do that? Sure, it's their game. But let's not pretend something got started with the reaction to it.

[

ABC has the right to screw themselves if they feel so compelled.

Only a liberally biased entity would be so dumb as to get rid of the hottest show on television over a God Damned tweet.

I'm not a liberal --- but I think it was over the top. Well over. Would you say that about anyone? In print, on Twitter? With your name attached?

Not a fan of the show...but...when are they going to cancel The Last OG? He had a fit because his black girlfriend was kissing a white guy. What about every late night show, comedy show, tv programs that bash whites? Will they be cancelled too?

And..why punish the other actors by cancelling? They could have changed the name to The Connors, with her being deceased or something.
lol

Don't go into show business.

The NFL isn't going to fire their biggest stars if they take a knee.

Rosanne, however, was just insulting and dumb. She needed to get fired.

You wouldn't understand.

Yes, you're just too smart for me.

There we go again, Mac. When confronted with your own ideas you can't defend them.

Forum List

Back