Rotator Cuff and superior labrum tear.

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017
Had my first ever MRI yesterday and they found a rotator cuff tear and a SLAP tear along with "severe osteoarthritis.

Now I get to wait for the insurance to allow a consult with a Orthro doc and go from there.

Reading what "Dr Google" says on the topic rest is mentioned a lot. How does one rest their shoulder?

This getting old is not for the faint of heart!

Had my first ever MRI yesterday and they found a rotator cuff tear and a SLAP tear along with "severe osteoarthritis.

Now I get to wait for the insurance to allow a consult with a Orthro doc and go from there.

Reading what "Dr Google" says on the topic rest is mentioned a lot. How does one rest their shoulder?

i had similar. i'm sur you have it in a sling. soon will come some physical therapy.

the physical therapy can be fun. do not let the bad arm get stronger than the good one. exercise them both.

This is why I'm careful lifting weights, right now there is soreness in one shoulder and I know what I did incorrectly. Rather than make it worse I'm taking a break and using ice and Aleve to bring down the inflammation

This is why I'm careful lifting weights, right now there is soreness in one shoulder and I know what I did incorrectly. Rather than make it worse I'm taking a break and using ice and Aleve to bring down the inflammation

I only do machines and do low weight and high reps, well 3 sets of 12.

I have taken out any overhead machines like pull down or overhead press.

Will wait to see what the Orthro says. Might just have to be something I learn to live with as surgery sounds like a last resort.

Did you get injured or is this something that has happened over time?

Did you get injured or is this something that has happened over time?

Something that happened over time. I first noticed it like 8 months ago but it was not bad and sort of chalked it up to arthritis. A few months ago while out for a walk my hand started getting numb so that is when I took it more serious.

The MRI also found some moderated degeneration of the C5-C6 vertebrae which they think might be the reason for the numb hand.

Be sure and fix your physical problems before defecting to Panama or wherever

Panama has excellent healthcare.

John Hopkins has two affiliated hospitals in Panama.

The cost is 1/10 or less of the US plus there are enough Veteran Ex-pats in Panama that almost all doctors and hospitals accept TriCare.

Your ignorance and dislike of brown people is showing though again.

Panama has excellent healthcare.

John Hopkins has two affiliated hospitals in Panama.

The cost is 1/10 or less of the US plus there are enough Veteran Ex-pats in Panama that almost all doctors and hospitals accept TriCare.

Your ignorance and dislike of brown people is showing though again.
I have nothing against brown people in their home countries

I have nothing against brown people in their home countries

so, in other words as long as they are not close to you and you are not close to them, you have nothing against them.

so, in other words as long as they are not close to you and you are not close to them, you have nothing against them.
As long as they are not in the US

We dont need them and cant afford them

You talk a good game of fiscal responsibility but its just bs

As long as they are not in the US

We dont need them and cant afford them

You talk a good game of fiscal responsibility but its just bs

Actually we do need a lot of them. If you removed every single non-white immigrant the economy would collapse.

Actually we do need a lot of them. If you removed every single non-white immigrant the economy would collapse.
Currently the migrant invasion is almost all non-white

But 100 million shoeless Irish would not be any more welcome

Forum List

Back