Rubio is such a good candidate in so many respects, but he is open borders. I will vote anyone else

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
Generally, I despise single issue people. In a republic like ours you have so many issues making your mind uo is difficult. But this year, the flood of illegals is the one issue that makes or breaks.

And for Rubio, it breaks. Yes he is good on foreign affairs. Yes, he stomps hillary the best I have seen on the Bengazi mess. He is a guy with great stage presence. He is open borders. I will have to settle for someone not quite as good

Generally, I despise single issue people. In a republic like ours you have so many issues making your mind uo is difficult. But this year, the flood of illegals is the one issue that makes or breaks.

And for Rubio, it breaks. Yes he is good on foreign affairs. Yes, he stomps hillary the best I have seen on the Bengazi mess. He is a guy with great stage presence. He is open borders. I will have to settle for someone not quite as good

Where oh where are you getting the idea that Rubio is for "open borders" when he has ALWAYS supported closing the border to illegal immigration as a condition for any further immigration reform? He has said a zillion times, from his earliest days in the Senate, that any immigration reform must start with halting the flow of illegals across the southern border.

Even back when he was supporting a pathway to citizenship, it was a very long and difficult path to citizenship, and, again, he insisted that any such step would have to follow securing the border to the point that the flow of illegals was reduced to zero or very close to zero.

don't know if he is open borders but his work on the Gang of 8 means I won't vote for him . Plus heck , the guy is a midget !!

Open borders is one of the non-starters for me. Glowbull warming is another. Guns, another.

Rubio is not for open borders, but he understands that mass deportations is a nonstarter. GOP insistence on ideological purity is just what the Democrats are hoping for.

Rubio is not for open borders, but he understands that mass deportations is a nonstarter. GOP insistence on ideological purity is just what the Democrats are hoping for.
and they'll get it from me 'jwoodie' , no rinos are getting my vote !! I'll let moderate repubs see what they've been electing for many years by helping to give moderates the Hilary that they deserve .

and they'll get it from me 'jwoodie' , no rinos are getting my vote !! I'll let moderate repubs see what they've been electing for many years by helping to give moderates the Hilary that they deserve .

LOL, you are the first poster to call me "moderate."

LOL, you are the first poster to call me "moderate."
no insult JWOODIE , I wasn't referring to you in my reply . So , please don't misunderstand !!

'roobio' worked with the 'gang of 8' , that's enough reason all by itself to ignore him imo !!

Our borders are already open, like a screen door in a submarine.

Anyone who says the phrase "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" is talking about open borders and amnesty.....because that's all CIR will result in.

Forum List

Back