Russia awards cars to its Olympic medalists

my apologies, they are not Mercedes they are Audis .... even nicer!:D

Alexandra Patskevich, part of Russia's dominant synchronized swimming team, posing by the Audi A8 that she won for her gold medal performance.

I have no problem with that.............Being rewarded for all their hard work to win the medals.........

I hope they enjoy their cars................

I have no problem with that.............Being rewarded for all their hard work to win the medals.........

I hope they enjoy their cars................

Same here! In fact I think it's a great idea! :eusa_clap:

A total of 45 cars the most expensive being $120,000 to the gold medalists

So what do the losers get? Ten years in Siberia?

All joking aside, at least Putin isn't torturing and killing his athletes if they loose.

my apologies, they are not Mercedes they are Audis .... even nicer!:D

Alexandra Patskevich, part of Russia's dominant synchronized swimming team, posing by the Audi A8 that she won for her gold medal performance.
Which is nicer, the girl or the car?

So what do the losers get? Ten years in Siberia?

All joking aside, at least Putin isn't torturing and killing his athletes if they loose.

LOL stop it... the losers get nothing.

the winners get an Audi!

that's all...moral of the story: gotta win :D

Yes! that's a nice gesture I think! :)

It is nice and appropriate as far as I am concerned.

"For comparison's sake, the United States Olympic Committee pays its winners $25,000 for a gold medal, $15,000 for a silver and $10,000 for a bronze medal. Kazakhstan leads the medal payment rate at $250,000 for a gold, but has not had a gold medalist at the Winter Olympics in 20 years".
Y! SPORTS

So then Russia went above and beyond their duty to the athletes ...rewarding them with these luxury cars... good for them!

(I don't see Obama ever doing that ...LOL..... just don't see it ...:eusa_boohoo:)

So then Russia went above and beyond their duty to the athletes ...rewarding them with these luxury cars... good for them!

(I don't see Obama ever doing that ...LOL..... just don't see it ...:eusa_boohoo:)

No there does not seem to be much support from the current administration for much of anything...

Yes! that's a nice gesture I think! :)

It is nice and appropriate as far as I am concerned.

"For comparison's sake, the United States Olympic Committee pays its winners $25,000 for a gold medal, $15,000 for a silver and $10,000 for a bronze medal. Kazakhstan leads the medal payment rate at $250,000 for a gold, but has not had a gold medalist at the Winter Olympics in 20 years".
Y! SPORTS

I wonder if the Rooksies are taxed on their awards, as well as the value of those vehicles.

...unless Congress takes action, U.S. Olympic and Paralympic winners are going to get hammered by the tax man for the medals and prizes they received.

Senator pushing bill to keep US Olympic winners from being taxed on prizes | Fox News

Awards to athletes should not be taxed.

I hate taxes. :mad:

in
Awards to athletes should not be taxed.

I hate taxes. :mad:
If there was ever a travesty and injustice, that would be it. These athletes sacrifice the best years of their lives to get to this level, including an exorbitant amount of money that went into their training. And as soon as they get to this point where they can represent our country and actually win a medal, the govt. steps in and taxes them?

Disgusting vultures. They should pass a law against it.

Last edited:
Audi were after London...
Now - Mercedes
government.ru/media/photos/656x369/41d4c3d46299c233dd18.jpg
(cannot post pics yet)

I wonder if they would have done this same if this wasn't in Sochi? Interesting read though!
Well, ice and snow is the same everywhere.
Bobsled and skeleton wouldn't probably so succesfull in less familiar track, in all others kinds of sport russian sportsmen were in equal conditions.

Forum List

Back