🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Russia cuts off Space Station

Putting money into major companies is supporting the evil corporations. The money will be redistributed to crack addicts rather than our own industry.

We do however fully support Mexican drug dealers.

Navy is addressing the issue. I suggest you do the same. It will take a lot of money to get back to where we were. If you are not willing to spend the money, we will not get there. Now do you support investing in our space program, or are you just flapping yap?

I am in favor of dismantling everything democrats have done, take the money now being spent on losers like obamacare and make an attempt to rebuild the country.

Except that's what the Dems are and have been doing.

And, its what the Rs refuse to allow.

In spite of the Rs fighting it every inch of the way, the Ds have produced more jobs every single month, the stock market is booming, housing is coming back and the Rs are holdig phony votes to repeal ObamaCare and phony investigations of Benghazi. IOW, its SSDD from the R.

Having said all that --

The problem I have with any space program is that we need to deal with domestic issues. Good for Obama for working for the working class but we need more. We're not going to get more as long as the R can obstruct every step forward but IMO, that's where our money should go - continuing the rebuilding Obama has worked so hard to effect.

This is a sneak peek into a little of the innovation they are doing right here in this country and not Russia, this is a rocket developed by Space X called " Grasshopper" It takes off and lands on its own legs. Folks, I for one do not think innovation is dead in this country , it's alive and well, we just need to demand our Govt. start spending our tax dollars here first.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDkItO-0a4]Grasshopper 744m Test | Single Camera (Hexacopter) - YouTube[/ame]

Favor funding a renewed U.S. space program, but the problem I have with it is reconstituting the bureaucratic waste, fraud, bumbling, etc. that had become a part of the old NASA, and is likely alive and well albeit scaled back in present day NASA.

We should be doing something though if for no other reason than China is hot for space exploration, going to the moon, etc. Wouldn't want those guys or anyone else ending up dominating the next frontier, and that goes for privite industry as well, U.S. or otherwise. They can work together in this country but the government's got to have the control IMO.

In creating a new space program we will deal with domestic issues. When we first engaged in the space race we built up our educational system to produce the engineers and scientists we needed. In creating the Apollo Project, we created the beginnings of the computer revolution.

A new space program would help build the nation. And, in needing infrastructure to support the efforts, we will build that, also. No, it would not solve all our nations problems, but it would improve things for all.

This is a sneak peek into a little of the innovation they are doing right here in this country and not Russia, this is a rocket developed by Space X called " Grasshopper" It takes off and lands on its own legs. Folks, I for one do not think innovation is dead in this country , it's alive and well, we just need to demand our Govt. start spending our tax dollars here first.

Grasshopper 744m Test | Single Camera (Hexacopter) - YouTube

I am fully behind the shuttle replacement 'Dream Chaser' orbiter. It's smaller but seems very efficient. It's be ready for orbital flight 2017.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOxj2yVY9tQ]Dream Chaser - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBM61A7LEsk]Dream Chaser Spacecraft Landing Gear Fails During Test | Sierra Nevada HD - YouTube[/ame]

This is a bit off target. The majority of the ISS is made up of American hardware. So, it would be kinda difficult for them to keep us out of our own stuff. Here's what it's all about - they're not going to let our astronauts hitch rides on THEIR ROCKETS!

No More Hitch Hiking of US Astronauts to the Space Station

Seems Russia's in a tiff over the US stand on Crimea and Ukraine. Although NASA touted that it would not affect the current agreement, that appears to be showing cracks. Read more @ As capsule returns to Earth, Russia casts doubt on ISS collaboration | News | DW.DE | 14.05.2014

The sad fact is that the Russian space program has been ahead of us for many years. Their rockets are as powerful, if not more so, than ours and they have greater experience with far more hours.

Their ability to ferry crew to and from the ISS is far cruder but far cheaper and safer.

NASA is stuck into the typical government mindset of more $$$ equals better products.

It NASA had not only allowed but encouraged private investment in the space program decades ago, we would be far ahead of any other nation on this plant and they would be using OUR hardware to reach the space station made up of many of OUR segments.

Russia is to deny the US future use of the International Space Station beyond 2020

THey aren't the exclusive owner. Can they do that?

Its a lot of bluster which is par for the course for Russia, however look at it this way, we rent rides on Soyuz Russian made Rockets at the moment. So if we fail to fund our own domestic manned program or companies who are ready to do it that are all American made and Russia cuts off the rentals. Then in effect, we have no way to get to the several billion dollar station we the taxpayers paid for. Now that will leave Russia the task though to maintain it and thats going to cost them a LOT as they do not make 90% of the replacement parts it takes to keep it running, so for the most part its typical Russian bluster. The station itself though has little if any long term value for American Space other than as a deep space launch platform, so that is why I proposed if Russia were to do such a thing , just "deorbit" the thing.

The Russians are responsible for the thrusters and stabilization. We are responsible for the solar array. The Russians make the replacement parts for everything they are responsible for. As do we. Without Russia there is no international space station. A facility that 15 different nations support.

It's worth abandoning the space station just for the horrendous backlash obama will get from the rest of the world. Then Russia and China will just put up their own international space station and simply cut us out. They could go up there and cannibalize anything they please from the old station. It's not like the US could stop them. How do you like being brought down to the level of Cuba?

Good, the ISS is the biggest waste of our time and money.

NASA should be going to the moon and Mars, not in LEO with some drunk Russians.

In creating a new space program we will deal with domestic issues. When we first engaged in the space race we built up our educational system to produce the engineers and scientists we needed. In creating the Apollo Project, we created the beginnings of the computer revolution.

A new space program would help build the nation. And, in needing infrastructure to support the efforts, we will build that, also. No, it would not solve all our nations problems, but it would improve things for all.

i agree with that.....but someone has to be the head cheerleader to get it going....and i dont think Obama is the one to do it.....

Russia is not burdened with a dumbed down educational system that demands equality of outcome. There are no diversity quotas. They can utilize their best and brightest without regard to race, gender or making Russian nationalism an insult.

Innovation, science and education is being marginalized in America. Where we are in education, innovation and science is the result of that ignorance

As I wrote on another thread...Hillary swallowed Putin's reset button...now Obabble is having trouble passing it. What a disaster this regime is....as predicted

We're now approaching $18 trillion in debt. Our education system is a fail even tho' we spend the most per pupil in the industrialized world. Our infrastructure continues to age w/ lack of money to rebuild it.
No tax reform is in sight (been long overdue!) so fuck me if this government thinks it is going to use my tax dollars to rebuild an already partially dismantled space program.
Our priorities and misappropriations have been screwed up for so long, chickens are coming home to roost. We should be thanking Putin for holding up a mirror to our late, great United States.

the stock market is booming
Through artificial means. The Fed is what's fueling the boom. What happens when that stops?

and the Rs are...and phony investigations of Benghazi.
Ask the families of the 4 dead Americans how phony they think it is.

The problem I have with any space program is that we need to deal with domestic issues.
Like what? More welfare bennies for crackwhores?

Thanks a lot Obama for dumping the shuttle. Just how many BLUNDERS can one President make and still stay in office?

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that we can re-build our space program to former glory is not dealing with the reality of 145 million moochers of freebies and 86 million payers into the till. Ain't gonna happen under the current situation.

Education is a big issue in this nation. So, what are you doing, personally to upgrade yours? Aiding your children or grandchildren in getting an education? Or are you telling them what fools those pointy headed professors are?

The problem with education in this nation is the attitude toward education by most of the adults in this nation.

THey aren't the exclusive owner. Can they do that?

Its a lot of bluster which is par for the course for Russia, however look at it this way, we rent rides on Soyuz Russian made Rockets at the moment. So if we fail to fund our own domestic manned program or companies who are ready to do it that are all American made and Russia cuts off the rentals. Then in effect, we have no way to get to the several billion dollar station we the taxpayers paid for. Now that will leave Russia the task though to maintain it and thats going to cost them a LOT as they do not make 90% of the replacement parts it takes to keep it running, so for the most part its typical Russian bluster. The station itself though has little if any long term value for American Space other than as a deep space launch platform, so that is why I proposed if Russia were to do such a thing , just "deorbit" the thing.

The Russians are responsible for the thrusters and stabilization. We are responsible for the solar array. The Russians make the replacement parts for everything they are responsible for. As do we. Without Russia there is no international space station. A facility that 15 different nations support.

It's worth abandoning the space station just for the horrendous backlash obama will get from the rest of the world. Then Russia and China will just put up their own international space station and simply cut us out. They could go up there and cannibalize anything they please from the old station. It's not like the US could stop them. How do you like being brought down to the level of Cuba?

I dont think there is any disagreement that Russia can do what they want as a result of a lack of a manned space program at the moment. I am aware that China intends to put its own station in orbit soon, as a stepping stone to a moon mission late 2019 or 2020. As for who provides what, my contention is that without the partners involved in the ISS Russia will have a a floating tube with no power , while they might mount an effort to keep it up in orbit let them, the cost of keeping the ISS in orbit is shared, and as a result, it allows nations like Russia not to be bankrupted by a program this size. Whats lost in this that of the over 200 Billion dollars American taxpayers have invested in the ISS including funding half of the Russian service modules and putting most of them in orbit, to simply shrug our collective shoulders and say ok it's your's, would be a mistake. It's my contention that we can simply speed up our manned programs that are far along now, , return to the ISS and shut the American parts down, and that includes the Solar Arrays and the Truss assembly that holds the station together. Then move on to actually doing things in space besides going up to a space station for photo-ops for years on end and neglecting and long term vision.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back