Russia stuff

I suspect the Russians knew a direct publicly known connection, would not be tolerated, and immediately shut down. That would defeat their purpose of hurting Hillary during the election. They probably didn't care if they were later shown to be involved. They might have even wanted that to happen. A small amount of discretion during the election allowed them to hurt Hillary, and later thumb their noses at the US. Just a silly guess, but feasible.

Yup I could buy that. I can also see how the Russians would prefer Trump to Clinton and would try and influence that. But I think that if it was a full blown collusion they would have been a bit more polished.
It looks like everyone on the Trump team had links of some sort. If it was me and I was "at it" I would limit contact to Flynn for example. I certainly wouldnt let my son get involved.
Its just too shambolic to believe that there is a criminal link.

Sooooo - Russia would certainly have been trying to influence the election. There is no doubt about that. Check out their funding of Euro wankers this year.
Trump would certainly have wanted any dirt possible on Clinton. Thats how his mind works.
But despite this I just cant see the link.

Its certainly worth the enquiry digging into this. You cant have Putin influencing elections so lets see what they did and lets learn from that.

Of course you would do those thing, but you aren't a pompous spoiled ass who has never had to concern himself how the real world works. He has always gotten away with thumbing his nose at the rules. Wouldn't surprise me to find he just never considered the possibility that there would be a price to pay for anything he might pull.

The smart thing to have done would have been to report the approach to the authorities and then announce it publicly. He would have got the kudos for "doing the right thing" and at the same time given Mrs Clinton a good kicking by raising suspicions.
One of his team should have been telling him this..

It's been well documented that his team doesn't tell him anything but how wonderful he is. Some have tried, but they aren't there any more.
Well, yes I see where the problem is there.:biggrin:

Surely even he could have seen the sense in it ?

Junior's attorneys already had a statement prepared that did just as any sane person would expect. Lay it all out and get ahead of it. Trump threw it all out and wrote his own.

Yup I could buy that. I can also see how the Russians would prefer Trump to Clinton and would try and influence that. But I think that if it was a full blown collusion they would have been a bit more polished.
It looks like everyone on the Trump team had links of some sort. If it was me and I was "at it" I would limit contact to Flynn for example. I certainly wouldnt let my son get involved.
Its just too shambolic to believe that there is a criminal link.

Sooooo - Russia would certainly have been trying to influence the election. There is no doubt about that. Check out their funding of Euro wankers this year.
Trump would certainly have wanted any dirt possible on Clinton. Thats how his mind works.
But despite this I just cant see the link.

Its certainly worth the enquiry digging into this. You cant have Putin influencing elections so lets see what they did and lets learn from that.

Of course you would do those thing, but you aren't a pompous spoiled ass who has never had to concern himself how the real world works. He has always gotten away with thumbing his nose at the rules. Wouldn't surprise me to find he just never considered the possibility that there would be a price to pay for anything he might pull.

The smart thing to have done would have been to report the approach to the authorities and then announce it publicly. He would have got the kudos for "doing the right thing" and at the same time given Mrs Clinton a good kicking by raising suspicions.
One of his team should have been telling him this..

It's been well documented that his team doesn't tell him anything but how wonderful he is. Some have tried, but they aren't there any more.
Well, yes I see where the problem is there.:biggrin:

Surely even he could have seen the sense in it ?

Junior's attorneys already had a statement prepared that did just as any sane person would expect. Lay it all out and get ahead of it. Trump threw it all out and wrote his own.
Dear me. I suspect that there are people who could help him.

Still worth pursuing to upset him though.

Hey, I get it.... ANYTHING to derail Trump's agenda, keep him on ropes, hobble him politically for as long as possible.

But you HAVE to know this is not healthy and you're really not going to like it when it happens to YOUR next president.
It already happened to Bill Clinton. Repugs tried to hobble Obama too. Where have you been the past 20+ years? All these investigations are being lead by Republicans. Dems don't have the power to do much of anything right now.

Hey, I get it.... ANYTHING to derail Trump's agenda, keep him on ropes, hobble him politically for as long as possible.

But you HAVE to know this is not healthy and you're really not going to like it when it happens to YOUR next president.
It already happened to Bill Clinton. Repugs tried to hobble Obama too. Where have you been the past 20+ years? All these investigations are being lead by Republicans. Dems don't have the power to do much of anything right now.

Well no, this is pretty unprecedented. No one dared investigate Obama, even when there was plenty that could've been investigated. He was black so he got a pass. With Clinton, there were actual crimes which were investigated. He was ultimately disbarred and impeached.

With Trump, there is no evidence of any crime. This investigation has been going on for over a year and nothing has been found. It is becoming more and more obvious this amounts to a political witch hunt. Even Democrats are now realizing the potential damage they are about to receive from the backlash. I actually saw a libtard argue today that the whole Special Counsel thing is the doings of REPUBLICANS!

Well no, this is pretty unprecedented. No one dared investigate Obama, even when there was plenty that could've been investigated. He was black so he got a pass. With Clinton, there were actual crimes which were investigated. He was ultimately disbarred and impeached.

With Trump, there is no evidence of any crime. This investigation has been going on for over a year and nothing has been found. It is becoming more and more obvious this amounts to a political witch hunt. Even Democrats are now realizing the potential damage they are about to receive from the backlash. I actually saw a libtard argue today that the whole Special Counsel thing is the doings of REPUBLICANS!
It is the doings of repugs. The dems don't have the power to start investigations or appoint special counsels. The dems are the minority party in case you haven't been paying attention.

It is the doings of repugs. The dems don't have the power to start investigations or appoint special counsels. The dems are the minority party in case you haven't been paying attention.

Stunning! How long before we hear "Trump/Russia Collusion" was totally a Republican allegation?

Stunning! How long before we hear "Trump/Russia Collusion" was totally a Republican allegation?
Who controls all three branches of government? They aren't running an investigation because dems are in power. Repugs are in control of this.

Who controls all three branches of government? They aren't running an investigation because dems are in power. Repugs are in control of this.

Well... No one "controls" any branch. Republicans hold a majority in the House and Senate and we have a Republican president. But it's amazing to me, now that this nothingburger is blowing up in your face, you want to lay it off on the Republicans. You must think voters are dumb as rocks.

Well... No one "controls" any branch. Republicans hold a majority in the House and Senate and we have a Republican president. But it's amazing to me, now that this nothingburger is blowing up in your face, you want to lay it off on the Republicans. You must think voters are dumb as rocks.
If it's a nothing burger, why won't the repugs stop their investigation?

Forum List

Back